Then come the happy pills?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Then come the happy pills?!

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,

Well, a short update and some question for you. If someone has experience please share your knowledge with me.

Some of you guys are witness of my journey here in the forum from October last year. So I am not going to explain again all the symptoms and the history of my battle.

I had the last checks with my doctor and only the x-rays of my chest are left for next week.

All the tests are back, and there is no infection anywhere in my body, I don’t have HIV, I don’t have low blood sugar, I don’t have high blood pressure, low blood pressure, no evil bacteria in my stool, all the tests are negative. White blood cells count is perfect, EKG is fine…he finds nothing and my body gives me the willies. Last night I had a bodily panic attack again. One I can watch, meaning my mind is not freaking out but watching the wild body getting out of hands.

Now he is talking about some pills for my mind. Hmm, what do you guys think? Have you experienced such a thing? Is it possible to have IBS, leaky gut or Candida infestation and nothing shows up?

thank you
    Thomas

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

What kind of pills? antidepressants?

Tons of people roam through modern medicine sometimes for years only to find that their disease and complains ‘do not exist’. I have lost a lot of faith in modern medicine because of this high “fuck up rate” they allow themselves to be in.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Oh Thomas, my friend… you really have been through the mill! I suppose you must be releived on the 1 hand that it’s not something like HIV or something medically incurable. Although on the other hand the lack of a true answer must be hellishly frustrating for you.

YOU know YOU best… and you know that your symptoms are real. Yes, the mind is a very powerful things and I fully believe in psychosematic (spelling? caused by the mind) symptoms and also the power of placebos and the power of positive expectancy. Do YOU feel that “happy pills” would help? If you don’t truly believe they will, then they may not work anyway?

It will be interesting to see Ables response…

Lx

Thomas

Lucylu wrote: Oh Thomas, my friend… you really have been through the mill! I suppose you must be releived on the 1 hand that it’s not something like HIV or something medically incurable. Although on the other hand the lack of a true answer must be hellishly frustrating for you.

YOU know YOU best… and you know that your symptoms are real. Yes, the mind is a very powerful things and I fully believe in psychosematic (spelling? caused by the mind) symptoms and also the power of placebos and the power of positive expectancy. Do YOU feel that “happy pills” would help? If you don’t truly believe they will, then they may not work anyway?

It will be interesting to see Ables response…

Lx

Hi Lucylu!!!
    thank you for responding so kindly!

No, I dont think that they will help. As I used my mind to look at the panic and stay calm, I stayed awake while watching the body suffer. I give you a metaphor so you understand how it felt.

If you are outside and it starts raining and storming and you get all wet. You dont say I am raining. You suffer rain but you are not raining. I suffered a body out of control doing its dance, my mind wanted to freak out about it but the “I” watched it wanting to freak out and I said. Wait there is no need to freak out, its only the body experiencing something. I am getting wet but I am not rain. I am experiencing fear but I am not fear. That work with my mind helped me to stay alert not loosing me in a unconscious state of panic.

I don’t know what a tranquillizer should help me with. It will be interesting what Able will tell me in connection with candida and its toxins. I still believe its the candida messing me up as I feel in the entire process a strange stomach reaction and the usual sympthoms of infestation.

What confuses me is that if the toxins are messing around with me, one should see that in the blood pressure or the white blood cell count, infection in the gut should show up but nothing. If we feel brain fog, why is not the low blood pressure showing up. How can you have these die-off sympthoms and nothing showing up is my big wonder.

yours
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Good day to you, Thomas.

Thomas, in the past, in private messages I’ve spoken with you about my own experience with what you’re going through as well as those of many others while serving in the military.

What you are going through is known as the “flee or fight” mode of your body.
    When that happens, the body releases hormones called catecholamines, one example of these is adrenaline. As a preparation response, the hormones will facilitate a quick physical reaction in the body in order to bring about a violent muscular action for the purpose of protection. When the body cannot fight or flee for whatever reason, this is when the anxiety or panic attacks step in. There are many symptoms associated with this reaction from shaking and intense coldness to reflexes of the spinal cord, not to mention an extremely exaggerated heart rate; this is why most people, when experiencing their first panic attack, assume that they are having a heart attack. Another way of describing the experience is the body’s response to acute stress during which the nervous system is activated, exhibiting many physical and mental symptoms due to the sudden release of hormones.

This symptom can actually be traced back over millions of years when man was often presented with physical threats on a daily basis, of course at that time they were able to fight or flee, but with the modern experience of this syndrome, there is nothing to actually flee from, and often there is nothing to fight other than one’s own inner turmoil. Having nothing to immediately to fight or flee from only accelerates the response. In various studies concerning this response as associated with gender it was observed that men tend to become either much more aggressive or more withdrawn over time. The aggressive behavior of course may be beneficial during a war, but certainly not otherwise.

Once your body has experienced this syndrome, over time, it becomes easier and easier for the same response to occur. Unfortunately, and in other words, the more often you experience this, the more you will. This is because the body has actually learned to respond in this manner.

In my own experience, this is an automatic response which is very difficult to overcome, or to literally unlearn. Using my own experience, I would imagine that without an extended length of time in which a person finds himself in a very mild, virtually “no-problem situation” it would be practically impossible to accomplish the unlearning process. This is when modern medicine can actually be helpful. I can therefore only tell you what I would do in your situation; that would be to listen to a well-qualified and trusted doctor’s advice.

I can tell you that a person can, at least to a degree, learn to control these experiences with a breathing technique. I was taught this in the service and still use it occasionally today for much milder stressful situations.

Like any other mental exercise, this requires that you focus on what you’re doing and not on what is happening to your body. The breathing technique will help you in calming your body and is simple to use even if you’re struggling with panic.

Begin by inhaling to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 2.
    Inhale to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 4.
    Inhale to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 6.
    Inhale to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 8.
    Inhale to the count of 2. Exhale to the count of 10.

This is most useful to do when you feel stressed, or an anxiety attack or panic attack coming on.

My best to you, Thomas. And please keep us posted on your situation.

Sincerely, Able

Thomas

Dear Able,
    thank you again for your kind response and caring for me.
    I will take the breathing rhythm into my life and update you guys how it will go with me.

yours
    Thomas

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Thomas,

Looking at Able’s wise thought I was wondering – what about trying hypno therapy? Not hypnosis – but proper therapy sessions that with find the root cause mentally and disconnect those “automatic” reactions. At one stage I suffered from very sever psoriasis which covered about 70% of my body. I knew that the more stressed I became at work and in my relationship, the worse my skin became – direct response mental/ emotional to physical. I was in a very difficult marriage and also have issues from my childhood that i hadn’t dealt with. Through hypno therapy I found the root causes and learnt to deal with stress in an alternative way. My skin cleared up within weeks and remained at a manageable level for years… with just small flare up if was stressed and wasn’t handling it correctly. I would spot this happening and know that I had to behave myself. (Obviously since being on the diet I’m not completely psoriasis free and don’t intend for it to ever return!)

Any thoughts on that idea?

Lx

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

That breathing technique sounds like a form of meditation, so I’d guess it will be quite effective. I really recommend mindfulness meditation for taking back control of an over-active mind. There are tens of books about it on Amazon and it’s easy to get into. Great for improving concentration, neuroplasticity, stress management skills and pretty much anything involving your brain. There are a bunch of studies that support it, including one of the ‘happiest man in the world’, who has over 40,000 hours of meditation experience.

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

As a person who used to get anxiety attacks, I can attest that this book is helpful. It has some good exercised about breathing, meditation, etc. It might be helpful.

http://www.amazon.ca/Anxiety-Phobia-Workbook-Fourth/dp/1572244135

BlueSkies – week 6

Thomas

Thank you guys for all the good ideas and pointers. I have started with the breathing and noticed that I am a very flat breather. Its quite hard to activate muscles I never used in that context. Like breathing into the stomach so the stomach fills with air. I breath quite shallow through the mouth not using the nose at all.

I noticed too that I am eating like a dog, not much chewing at all. If I dont think that is. If I remember rasters mail here in the forum I count to 15 while chewing but I quite often forget and bit and swallow.

One thing you all forgot to tell me. Is there nothing showing up in your tests with the doctor either? Nothing in blood, urine, blood pressure, stool tests? etc
    If we are so highly poisoned I wonder why it is not showing up?

If I am drunk all day how is it possible that this is not showing up? If I have a inflammatory gut why don’t I have a higher white blood cell count? Nothing, no wonder the medics think its in the head.

all the best yours
    Thomas

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Thomas,
    I’m sorry to hear that the Doc’s had no straight answer for you. After all those test etc. I would hope they could tell you just one thing. I guess that is why I too am in search of a Doctor that will just say yes I have this or no you don’t. They seem to fear the unknown and with out drugs as their back up they are helpless. So, they turn on us and don’t care where they leave us hanging.

I truly believe in what Able and Raster are telling us to do and I would continue to take their advice. They have guided us so well.

Your in my thoughts and prayers. I’m so sorry to hear your suffering so. Please try to find peace.

Jackie

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Thomas,

I’ve been going from doctor to doctor since October of last year, been in hospital for 8 and 10 days, all the blood tests and urine tests, all kind of tests were fine but I was sicker and sicker every day. I was told it’s all in my mind, they kept me on some heavy sedatives but not a single symptom changed. This is why I concluded for myself it’s not in my mind and I cannot have diarrhea for 4 months in my mind. I never took anti-psychotic/anti-anxiety medicine they prescribed (one was prescribed by cardiologist, and the other by neurologist, I figured if I end up at psychologist and he/she tells me I’m crazy, then I’ll take them, psychologist said I’m fine). I finally got one doctor to believe me (this was after I lost 20 lbs in 3 months and looked very pale and dehydrated) and take pity on me so he ordered tons of tests to check for parasites/fungus/bacteria etc. One out of three stools showed 25% candida. At that point I was tired of going from doctor to doctor only for them to tell me that I am fine and that’s all in my head so I started researching the subject and being my own doctor. My diarrhea improved much since on the diet (I get some hard some soft stools, but not watery), my eyes cleared up (I had chronic dry eyes and redness), I don’t cough as much (I used to cough after every meal and in the morning badly), I got some color to my skin and face (I was turning gray, but really gray not just pale), my dry mouth is improving (now it’s bad only in the morning but during the day it gets better). Dealing with die-off right now but I do believe I have this problem and will take care of it myself.

From everything I read these days, few lucky ones (like me) get some kind of confirmation there might be candida overgrowth problem that’s causing their symptoms. Many others go undiagnosed for years or misdiagnosed which is even worse. I guess it’s unknown for doctors and they don’t really want to admit that this is the problem. Many complain that their gastroenterologist just waves and tells them that candida is commonly found in intestines and this is fine! My OBGYN told me that I am just that kind of woman that gets these yeast infections all the time. Had I known what I know today, I might have prevented getting to the phase of looking like a walking corpse I do today!

I also had several anxiety attacks since last summer, one sent me to emergency room. I’m not the type for it, I never get depressed, I don’t stress over stuff I cannot change, I am a happy positive person (was before candida) so I believe that candida toxins might be doing this as I did read it can cause anxiety etc. Now, most of the time I try to ignore the symptoms, I am very afraid of loosing the conscience or control and this produces the anxiety when I start getting dizzy and all kind of symptoms my body doesn’t recognize, but I tell myself: Did you ever loose your consciousness? No? So stop stressing over it then and go back to work! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Most of the time people notice something is going on cause I get quiet (usually I am a happy loud person) and sweaty etc. Them asking me every minute if I’m OK doesn’t really help but they are nice so I cannot complain.

I will try the breathing next time me slapping myself back to life in my mind doesn’t work 🙂

I hope it goes away soon and you are able to get over it. Take care and stay positive! Good luck!

Thomas

Dear Orka,
    I read your story and I feel sorry that you have to go through such a state of suffering. I hope we all will get out wiser and more open to life and its simple beauty. A day feeling well is enough for me to be happy.

I too had never been affected by depression, anxiety or panic attacks until it hit me last October. The first one really scarred me but I too noticed a strange thing. Test it yourself when it attacks you. I noticed that I am not my body, I am not my thinking and I am not my feelings. My body was getting crazy and woke me up. I noticed it. But who is the one who noticed that? Not my feelings because they too freaked out. Then I noticed all these fearful thoughts….But here it comes….There was a witness to the negative and calming thoughts too.

I noticed a GAP a place of peace being the witness but not becoming one with the body, feelings, or thought. That space is me. I am breathing in it and staying low and let the stuff coming by, they thoughts, feeling and reactions. I see them like I am a bus driver and they are coming and going. Now that worked quite fine now in connection with the knowing that the heart is ok and I am not having a heart attack or something. But some of the turned wacky vegetative reactions are quite frightening. I noticed they only can pull me down if I believe thought patterns in future tense. If I only watch it but don’t believe and become with one of the thoughts I stay OK and concious.

The stuff which still gets me down is that I dont find a pattern or a battle plan, because I dont know if I have Candida, simply food allergies, IBS, Leaky gut or what I believe I have a too high production of histamin. I dont know anything but that my body is like a torturer slapping me and hitting me at random. That confusion is still getting the better of me.

I wish you all the best to your healing
    yours
    Thomas

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Then come the happy pills?!’ is closed to new replies.