The Ultimate Candida Diet Program, for vegetarians?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The Ultimate Candida Diet Program, for vegetarians?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Travis
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Hi all,

I’m preparing to begin my second attempt at an anti-candida diet. I’m wondering if Lisa Richards’ book The Ultimate Candida Diet Program is inclusive of a vegetarian diet. I’m vegetarian and am interested in buying the book but only if it includes tips and recipes for a full vegetarian diet.

I’ve decided this time around I should follow a set program; last time I failed because I just couldn’t seem to get enough calories and lost nearly 20 pounds in the first couple of weeks.

Thanks!

Babette
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Yes, I purchased the program and most of the recipes are vegetarian.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

On my experiences-page I post about what works and what doesnt for me, to eliminate some of the hours of research other people will have to do if they are either high-carbers or vegans.

There may be info on there that is helpful. Maybe not. But your welcome to it.

I dont follow anyone’s “diet”.
    Tried that for my first 3 days and would rather have the horrible candida than go low carb,lol.
    Animal protein is not an option for me.

Im not losing weight, but I am losing inches.

My theory is that when you have candida and other toxins floating around in your system, your cells protect themselves with fat/cholesterol and fluid. As you release the toxins (feels horrible ) you also begin losing inches of bloat and water, which isnt really weight or mass. Something like that. Good luck 🙂

Travis
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Thank you very much for your replies. I bought the program and it is indeed very vegetarian-friendly.

@Vegan CatLady, I’ll be supplementing with as much as I can to keep carbs and calories up. I would like to check out your experiences page!

One last question: Is there any reason to keep eggs at only two per day? I understand there are general health concerns about eating too many eggs, but for the diet and beating candida will eating more do any harm? A big breakfast would go a long way toward making this diet manageable.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Travis

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Travis;53195 wrote: Thank you very much for your replies. I bought the program and it is indeed very vegetarian-friendly.

@Vegan CatLady, I’ll be supplementing with as much as I can to keep carbs and calories up. I would like to check out your experiences page!

One last question: Is there any reason to keep eggs at only two per day? I understand there are general health concerns about eating too many eggs, but for the diet and beating candida will eating more do any harm? A big breakfast would go a long way toward making this diet manageable.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Travis

All the candida-diets encourage eggs as a source of protein.

I will never touch an egg after listening to the studies on Nutritionfacts.org.

Also, my research shows that a healthy immune system helps to keep candida in check, and the immune system is less than par if any of the organs are being over-worked…like the liver and kidneys and adrenals.
    High protein foods during any healing crisis works negatively against healing because the kidneys have to work harder to remove excess protein, which is any protein more than 10% of your total calories for the day.
    This is said to depress your immune system ( no links to this as of this minute, but all my info IS found on the web if googled ).

99% of all candida diets are high protein, high fat diets.
    THIS is why,IMO, people are on them FOREVERRRRRRRR. Taxing those organs to dispose of the issues that Atkins-style diets cause.

The whole reason I am journaling my progress is so that people have an option that is NOT years-long, if my habits pan-out.
    If they dont pan-out, then those in that direction will have my testimony as a confirmation of their own efforts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The Ultimate Candida Diet Program, for vegetarians?’ is closed to new replies.