The Powers of Black Seed- Candida Buster???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The Powers of Black Seed- Candida Buster???

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

Hi All,

I have been doing some reasearch and came across the following statement:

“Another natural remedy which is extremely effective which I’m surprised nobody talks about in this country is “Black Seed” or “Black Cumin”, as a matter of fact if you take black seed after following the diet for a while, you will never need to go back to the diet again, it’s amazing how black seed recharges the immune system, the problem with black seed is its bitter taste, that’s why some people prefer to take it with honey, but since we’re dealing with candida here, honey shouldn’t be included. please do your own research about it after reading this comment, just make sure you buy fresh (non roasted) black seeds, and make sure you consume it immediately after grinding it in a seed grinder. And finally, black seed can be easily found in middle eastern stores and is very cheap”

Has anyone heard or experimented with this???

Becca

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

I look forward to seeing if anyone knows anything about Black Seed. I didn’t so I googled it and this popped up in the bit about Candida:-

“Candida is becoming more and more common. This may well have something to do with the fashion of ladies not wearing sufficient clothing. Consequently they are exposed to the cold air which can create infection.”

Aha! So that’s how I got it!! I’d been wondering!!

There’s also another mention of this on the forum – http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11847_Black-seed-oil-as-an-antifungal.aspx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Good find, ND.

In one particular study (below) from the International Journal of Food Science & Technology you see mentioned several factors that would have a positive effect in treating a Candida infestation:

Black cumin has been extensively studied for its nutritional value and biological activities. The black cumin oilseed was shown to be anticancer, anti-diabetic, antiradical and immunomodulator, analgesic, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, spasmolytic, bronchodilator, hepatoprotective, antihypertensive and renal protective. Moreover, black seeds have many anti-oxidative properties and activities.”

On the list, the most prominent effects in connection with a Candida infestation appear to be the hepatoprotection (ability to prevent damage to the liver), the anti-inflammatory, the immunomodulator effect, and especially the antimicrobial effect (a substance that kills or inhibits the growth of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, or protozoans).

Able

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: “Candida is becoming more and more common. This may well have something to do with the fashion of ladies not wearing sufficient clothing. Consequently they are exposed to the cold air which can create infection.”

No, way. You’re kidding, right? You were afraid we were dozing off, wanted to wake us?

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

Able900 wrote:

“Candida is becoming more and more common. This may well have something to do with the fashion of ladies not wearing sufficient clothing. Consequently they are exposed to the cold air which can create infection.”

No, way. You’re kidding, right? You were afraid we were dozing off, wanted to wake us?

Having a really good, much-needed laugh off of this!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I got some black seed oil but I’m waiting for molybdenum since I am afraid of die-off. I still get it but I imagine it would be much worse if I got more agressive with antifungals.

It is believed among Islamic people that black seed could cure almost anything. Probably exaggerating a little, but it does have a lot of great properties. I found several sites and research mentioning it’s antifungal properties among many others. Not sure how powerful it is compared to other antifungals, but I plan to have a teaspoon per day and see what happens. I am still looking for any instructions on how much you can take. One teaspoon a day is more like a maintenance dose. Many people take it as a supplement and prevention.

I will let everyone know when (and if) I get molybdenum and try it. I guess it could be just another option and antifungal to add and raise hell for candida 🙂

Below is some reading about it if want to look at it.

This one offers various research on it http://www.theblessedseed.com/?research,29

Here is about some health benefits http://www.thehealthierlife.co.uk/natural-health-articles/allergies/black-seed-oil-health-benefits-00003.html

and http://www.homeremediesweb.com/black-seed-oil-health-benefits.php

Lucylu

Able900 wrote:

You think I’m kidding? Check out http://www.theblessedseed.com/?natural-remedies,27 and scroll way down to the bit on Candida. Able, I think you should amend your Protocol to include a section on causes… and list the top cause as “Scantilly clad ladies exposing themselves to infection!!”.

helpme
    Topics: 45
    Replies: 72

My grandparents are muslim, and when my grandma found out I was anorexic she immediately took me to this islamic woman who told me to take Black Seed Oil every night to diminish the toxins that were causing me to restrict my diet (of course I didn’t ’cause I didn’t want the extra calories). Islamic people do take this stuff seriously, hah.

Lucylu

OK… so I looked for Black Seed and have only been able to find the seed itself rather than the oil, which seems to be recommended. I bought it because it was cheap but now I don’t know what to do with it! Have googled it, but I’m just getting the recommendations for taking the oil, not the seed itself?

EDIT
    It’s Murphys Law… the minute I post looking for help, I find something online myself! Think I’ll put the raw seeds in Kefir as I can’t use milk? Or I might boil them.

Here goes (wish I had it for labour pains?!!)…

For colic: Boil anise, cumin, and peppermint in equal quantities. Add some crystalline sugar or honey. Add 7 drops of black seed oil and drink while hot.
    For colds: Grind black seed and wrap it in a cloth to snuff.
    For stomach pain: Swallow seeds without cooking.
    For toothaches, tonsil, and larynx pain: Boil black seed and use as a gargle. Also, swallow a spoonful of black seed with warm water on an empty stomach every day. Rub the larynx with black seed oil.
    For relief from coughs and to strengthen the body: Mix ground black seed with honey and take a spoonful every morning. Alternatively, take three times a day.
    To treat diseases: Grind black seed and swallow it with water or milk.
    To treat rheumatism and pain in the joints: Add black seed to olive oil and fennel. (Apply externally)
    For general fatigue: Use honey and black seed.
    During labor: Drink milk with a tablespoon of ground black seeds.

Khalz
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hello everyone,

Black seed is a magic cure and the reason all of you were confused when doing a research is because you did not use the scientific name of black seed when doing the research. The scientific name is “Nigella sativa”. Not only is good for Candida, it is good for everything, it increases the white blood cells count significantly and is considered an antioxidant.

Another great cure when doing the candida diet (it’s not effective without the diet) is Birch tree Xylitol. Please make sure it’s the genuine xylitol such as the one made by “the ultimate life”.

Don’t listen to me, do your own research, I am satisfied with these two cures.

orka1998
    Participant

Lucylu wrote: OK… so I looked for Black Seed and have only been able to find the seed itself rather than the oil, which seems to be recommended. I bought it because it was cheap but now I don’t know what to do with it! Have googled it, but I’m just getting the recommendations for taking the oil, not the seed itself?

Not sure if you are baking your own coconut or other kind of allowed bread, but it’s quite common to sprinkle some of the black seed on top of the bread and it enhances the taste. Try it on the bread or muffins you make, you may like the taste. Not sure how it goes with non wheat bread, but it might be interesting. Something new to add to our candida diet 🙂

Arijana

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Lucylu

Orka – I actually plan to put it in my next loaf! As son as I tasted it yesterday I realised it’s the distinctive taste/ smell you get from naan bread in India? Delicious as a mild flavour but very bitter if you crunch it.

Catalina
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

Hello!

After reading this thread I purchased Black Seed Cold-Pressed Oil. There is a lot of positive reviews online. Does anyone know if this is one of the antifungals that candida easily adapts to? Should we switch it with another one after a few weeks? Thank you all for suggesting it.

*Catalina

orka1998
    Participant

Catalina wrote: Hello!

After reading this thread I purchased Black Seed Cold-Pressed Oil. There is a lot of positive reviews online. Does anyone know if this is one of the antifungals that candida easily adapts to? Should we switch it with another one after a few weeks? Thank you all for suggesting it.

*Catalina

Hi Catalina,

I’ve asked if anyone had any experience with black seed oil as well (besides this post) and got no reply so I am guessing that nobody tried it yet for this kind of treatment. It has been used in my country for treating of fungal infections since… forever. It cures fungal infections topically as well. Many in my country take a teaspoon a day as a maintenance and general health dose (it is believed that it can cure almost anything). This makes me believe that it works on a long period of time basis and is safe to take for a long time, but I don’t really have anything scientific to prove or disapprove this.

I am still on some milder antifungals increasing them slowly and did not try the black seed oil (I do have it in my cupboard) and my plan was to start taking it and continue for a while, and instead of switching just add another stronger antifungal such as coconut oil. I seem to be either too sensitive to any changes in my diet or experiencing too much die-off. Either way, if it is die-off, I am trying to avoid feeling sick as I need to take care of my kids so I am doing this in baby steps rather than nuking the candida at a short period of time.

Please let us know when you start taking it how strong it is and your experience with it.

Arijana

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘The Powers of Black Seed- Candida Buster???’ is closed to new replies.