The perfect diet. opinions?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The perfect diet. opinions?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Percyfaith 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lewis0121
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Ok so I have tried both extremes, low fat high sugar (80-10-10) and High fat NO carbs (full Keto)
    Both of which failed miserably.

the ketogenic diet failed because candida can readily feed on ketones, which most people don’t know.
    and the high fruit diet failed because it makes no sense… or I’m just not genetically made for it.

My theory.

Since going ketogenic feeds candida you must add in the minimum amount of carbs to stay out of ketosis. But when you mix carbs with fats and proteins this slows the digestion and thus feeds candida for longer as it takes longer for the carbohydrates to leave my body.

And if you have too many carbs at one period (once every 2 hours max) this will over load the blood sugar much like that of a diabetic and also feed the too much candida. this is similar to the
    80-10-10 theory as sugar should quickly enter the body and quickly leave, however too much will overload the system and feed candida.

So you must eat around 75g of carbs every 2 hours 9-5 (from whatever source you choose, such as rice) and then from 6:00 onwards eat as much fat as you like and adequate amounts of protein.

This will keep blood sugar level, minimally feed candida and means you are maintaining a great amount of calories.

Opinions??

lewis0121
    Participant

This will keep blood sugar level, minimally feed candida and means you are maintaining a great amount of calories whilst keeping you out of ketosis**

lewis0121
    Participant

I should add that personally when I eat 70-100g of carbs from white rice and vegetables every 2 hours, I have minimal symptoms (around 5%, A very unnoticeable amount) so for me the only change on this was adding in the fats and proteins after 6:00 as I was rapidly loosing weight.

Any more than 100g every 2 hours and my symptoms came back,
    150G – 25%
    200g – 50%

ETC…

To further prove this I can monitor my headaches, sore back, acne and eczema which also decreases rapidly on this diet. so I have visual evidence which is very useful as although I am very in tune with my body, the placebo effect is powerful at times.

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Lewis0121 You have some interesting thoughts..

Your post caught my attention since in the past I’d been mildly interested in the Perfect Health Diet by Paul Jaminet, Ph.D.. I’ve been into It Starts with Food/Whole30 and Paleo diets and I’ve not read Jaminet’s book and I have no idea if it would be perfect or if it would would work as a Candida Diet. My problem is I want The Perfect Health Diet for me and I want it easy too. Oh yes and I don’t want to count anything- math is not one of my strengths and well, I can be lazy and spur of the moment at times too. We are all so different and to boot we are in a constant state of flux due to so so many factors.

One of my Doctors, a functional endocrinologist, believes that if you eat small amounts every 2 to 3 hours and include a protein source each time that will stabilize your blood sugar and that will balance your hormones and your hormones will cure whatever ails you. He is also Vegan but allows that this will work even for those who eat meats, chicken or fish. I think that it is the meat, chicken and fish that are really slow to digest so maybe it really would be better to eat Vegan or at least Vegetarian. Oh and I would not think FODMAPS are not good since I think they ferment quickly through the system– I’ve been wondering if they can safely be eaten alone like is best with fruits especially Melon. I personally think that food combining and Natural hygiene eating are important. But then I also think that we should be eating a very varied, non or low processed, organic (or low pesticide), local, seasonal diet and if it includes animals it’s important as Michael Pollan states, ‘You are what what you eat eats.’
    Anyway eating for our own personal health, budget, convenience and taste is complicated.

Again, thank you for the very interesting observations you mentioned. You are sure right that no matter how in tune we are with our bodies, the placebo effect can affect what we think we are experiencing !!! I’ve thought myself in and out of a lot of health theories and I’ve made a number of wrong turns. Thankfully by the Grace of God I’ve been improving some too.

lewis0121
    Participant

Hi Percy,

Im pretty lazy too! haha the more I think about it the more this diet seems unreachable, especially as it rotates around a 9-5 job.

What really confuses me about this whole thing is the fact that vegetables like carrots (especially raw) have a very low GI but then are high in sugar, So should we be looking for food low in GI and throw sugar out the window or consume foods like rice with a high GI but 0 sugar. im unsure if blood sugar makes a difference or if its simply down to the amount of carbs and sugar we eat regardless of blood sugar. and if carrots are so low GI, as well as sweet potatoes why is everyone so strict about them?

Yes I have looked into the low fodmap route but im going to go crazy if I start restricting more food so for now im putting a pin in that.

I found a great video the other week it may be helpful to you, I know it answered ALOT of questions I had and I believe it deserves much more recognition – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX2xYE0lgxE

Thanks for your reply.

Lewis

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

Great Video Lewis! Thank you for sharing it. Knowing our individual systems and find our balance is key.

I hear ya about giving up FODMAPS I didn’t want to consider that either but since my GI Test came back pretty clear for Candida and I don’t really suffer with GI symptoms I think I’ll keep eating them for now. And about carbs vs sugars confusion…. they both raise blood sugar and I believe that Blood Sugar really does matter. Seems to me that if carbs and or sugars were eaten with enough fat and fiber and protein the sugar hit would be lessened. I began practicing ‘proper’ food combining via ‘Fit for Life‘ by Diamonds and Natural Hygiene thoughts years ago. Basically not eating carbs/starches with protein and eating fruit alone.

Not really sure how food combining might be pro or con Candida…

Plus I made a left turn browsing the web today and ended up reading a post on the other side of the Keto eating world on 30 Bananas a Day (High Carb, Raw Vegan Lifestyle) Site.
    My theory concerning candida, yeast and skin problems, fat and fungus. I have been considering Candida for 6+ years now and once looked into but dismissed Frutarian solutions I disagree with a lot on that thread but I did like some of the ideas Adam X brought up…

Oh my like Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With the Wind said, “I can’t think about that right now. If I do, I’ll go crazy. I’ll think about that tomorrow.”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The perfect diet. opinions?’ is closed to new replies.