The Nattokinase experience

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The Nattokinase experience

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TheEggy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

Has anyone here tried Natto? So I bought it before I moved and didn’t get around to trying it. Well……..last night I took one and this morning my stool was so disturbing I have been pounding my brain all day to figure out what happend. Then I remembered I took it! My stool was FULL of candida. White and fuzzy and where it broke apart – full.

I remember seeing this from Dr. Ayers: “I can’t provide medical advice, but if I was in your position, I would probably try to eliminate as much of the yeast as possible by fasting overnight, then a PEG whole bowel irrigation, followed by freshly ground flax seed, lactoferrin, vinegar and pectin, with a chaser of natto (fermented soybeans as a source of nattokinase, an enzyme that degrades biofilms). This assumes that I have already tested all of the components to make sure I tolerated all well and included glutamine to enhance intestine integrity. Then I would focus again on pre- and probiotics and a return to an anti-inflammatory diet and plenty of exercise. I would probably also use a sauna or hot tube to increase my skin and joint temperature to inhibit any cryptic bacterial development. ” http://coolinginflammation.blogspot.com/2009/09/cure-for-inflammatory-diseases.html and was going to try it but also didn’t get around to it. I have a prescription for PEG that my gastro gave me. I might try this next weekend. Any thoughts?

I want to make sure I do my stool sample first. Don’t want to screw that up. I just haven’t been getting any die off lately – but I know it’s still hanging around.

Clare_
    Replies: 134

Does this mean that we should be eatng Natto?

Does it matter that it is dervived from soy beans?

s.

Clare! You’ve got that stinkin’ candida as your avitar to parade around us all?? !!! ha..ha…ha…..
    I’m chucking the nattokinase. This stuff isn’t the safest thing to be messing around with. Today my feet are on fire. It may be effective, but no thanks! Too dangerous for me. Now natto- that’s another story maybe. I wonder if Able will pipe in? Able – any thoughts?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

s. wrote: Able – any thoughts?

The main use of Nattō seems to be as an anticoagulation agent used for lowering cholesterol levels. The reason it acts as you described is likely because of the way it’s made; the soy beans are fermented by a beneficial bacteria called Bacillus Nato. It also contains natural antibiotic properties. Nattokinase is the enzyme that’s produced during the fermentation process.

I’ve never taken this myself, in fact, I’ve never spoken with anyone who has taken it. I don’t know of any problems that it would present if used for a Candida overgrowth, but I can see how it may be beneficial as a probiotic.

S, it looks like you’re our first guinea pig for testing the product. Keep us posted, and look for your check in the mail.

Thanks, Able

s.

Okay – so now I’m curious beyond all belief! ***TMI WARNING*** – girls you’ll understand this – today I also had a big white chunk the size of a bouncy ball come out of me!!!????? What the? So…the nattokinase is definatley powerful and up to something. It is suppose to be a great biofilm buster….BUT…on doing research into Nattokinase the supplement – there are horror stories and cardiologists begging people to not take it. Not only does is dissolve bad blood clots, it also disolves helpful and lifesaving clots as well. I will need to do more research to see if the smelly food natto is safer. I want so badly to keep going with the nattokinase pills, but I’ve had so darn much going on with my health I just don’t dare. If anyone else is more brave……..

Thanks Able for your take. I still might try Dr. Ayers treatment idea and report back on that. I don’t think I’ll be able to find any natto in this little town. If anyone is willing to mail me some! ha..ha…PM me.

Clare_

s. wrote: Clare! You’ve got that stinkin’ candida as your avitar to parade around us all?? !!! ha..ha…ha…..

But it is so cute! There are many more… Including the candida fighter L. acidophilus:

Perhaps a Lactobaccilus would be a better choice.

I’ll give Natto a try; however, it does look a little foul.

I found a place that sells it near me.

Information about Natto: http://www.ichibajunction.com.au/en/articles/165.html

Clare_

Actually, I’ll have to keep looking.

The ingrediants of that Natto don’t sound too good:

Ingredients : Fermented soy beans, Liquid seasoning (soy sauce, High fructose corn syrup, Bonito extract, Salt, Flavour enhancer (621,631,635),Lactic acid), Mustard (Mustard seed, Salt, Brewed vinegar, Turmeric, Maltose. Citric acid, Spice extract (Mustard, Chilli))

s.

Eeek! Natto has been around for 1000s of years and I don’t think they were using these ingredients. THis sounds like a preservative laden commercial variety! ha..ha….There’s got to be some more home-made varieties around.

Your avatar choice is okay – bring some humor to this all!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’m surprised you’re getting such a reaction from the wholefood. Japanese people eat this stuff all the time, and doctors certainly haven’t advised against it in the past few thousand years. How much are you eating?

You can get nattokinase as a supplement if you can’t handle natto or want to avoid the thyroid-busting, testosterone-lowering soy nasties. Maybe this is where the anti-clotting issues come into play though, and natto does have the advantage of vitamin K2, mucilage and probiotics.

Biofilm busting is supposed to be a short-term process, so I guess a few nasties could be justified. I’ve been interested in it since I read Ayers’ blog, but I’m not sure when to do it.

s.

Hey Javizy – It was the supplement that I took and that is what doctors advise against. I am game for trying the food though. That’s why i joked that if someone can find some they can mail it to me. I don’t think that would work though given the temperatures lately and the fact that most of the store bought natto is filled with junk. 🙂

Wonder
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hi guys! I grew up eating natto and wanted to jump in with my two cents on the subject.

I’m not surprised that there is scientific research supporting natto as a candida-buster…it’s been a probiotic for the Japanese people for thousands of years!

The scary ingredients (mustard, vinegar, food coloring, etc.) on the packaging were referring to the condiment packets that come inside the styrofoam containers; you can easily discard them and still enjoy the natto. I don’t think I’ve ever seen those ingredients actually mixed in with the beans.

That being said, non-organic soy is a GMO nightmare. If you’re lucky enough to have a Uwajimaya or other large Japanese / Asian supermarket in your town, look for:

Which is the organic seal for Japan.

The taste has been described as an acquired one; it smells worse than it tastes and has a flavor profile very similar to a complex, aged cheese. The texture is was usually gets most Westerners…the word for it would be “slippery” or “silky” to be very poetic. I love love love love the flavor, but if you’re just getting used to it, I would toss it in a stir fry or be creative with how you use it, maybe in fried brown rice with onions and veggies. The traditional way to eat it is over rice with a little mustard and soy sauce.

If you eat it in great quantity, you can save some money (and a giant load of environmentally wasteful styrofoam) by making your own, which is not the easiest thing in the world and time consuming, but pays off!

TheEggy
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 20

Isn’t soy suppose to be a no go for the candida diet?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘The Nattokinase experience’ is closed to new replies.