The morning routine?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The morning routine?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Able/ Raster/ anyone who would like to help!!

I’d really value some advice on how to kick start things in the morning. I presume that after fasting for 12 hours, the yeast in the stomach is “laid bare” and ripe for the killing off, as it were! What is the optimal way to do this?

At the moment I drink a glass of luke warm water while the kettle boils… then have a whole lemon in hot water. I have 3 poached eggs on buckwheat bread (with lashings of coconut oil spread on)… and then take all my pills n potions all at once… antifungals (oil of oregano, caprylic acid, garlic capsules), probiotics (I have 2 different types which have 10 different strains between them but am going to look for a higher strength today), various supplements (vitamins, minerals).

BUT should I be taking the antifungals on an empty stomach first so they can start working before adding all that food into the mix? All the bottles say “with a meal” so does that mean before or after.

Also, I read on another thread about taking probiotics between meals, even though on the bottle it says with meals… so should wait til half way between breakfast & lunch to take these?

Apple cider vinegar – when should I take this? I’m jsut randomly taking a swig when I think of it.

Grapeseed bitters – I’ve seen contradictory advice… I thought it was to be put on the back of the tongue after a meal but I’ve now read you should take it before a meal to get the juices flowing?

Maybe I should stop reading so much!!

Any advice would be great thanks!

Lx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Lucy.

Your morning routine sounds just fine to me. And I would take the antifungals after your meals; otherwise, some may be strong enough to cause problems with your digestion.

The grape bitters you can take before a meal, during a meal, or after a meal, I don’t think the difference is worth worrying about. They’re going to work as long as they can stimulate the vagus nerves.
    As far as probiotics are concerned, some of the milder ones do recommend taking them with meals, but the truth is that they’re absorbed better if taken on an empty stomach. That’s one hour before a meal ro two hours after.
    The apple cider vinegar; the way you’re taking it is fine, just whenever you think about it.

Lucy, I just want to commend you on sticking solidly with the treatment, you seem to be doing just perfect with the entire protocol. According to your first post, it appears that you’ve been on the treatment a little over two weeks now. Can you see any difference in your symptoms yet?

Thanks, Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Thanks Able for the advice and for the “commendation”!!

I’m actually feeling great the last few days… both mentally & physically. No symptoms whatsoever. But then again, most physical symptoms were under control before I started (on 25th Oct) because I’d eliminated all “obvious” yeasts, all carbs (except small portions of basmati rice and a couple rye crackers), all sugars (even fruit) because each of these was having an immediate effect causing bloating, spasms, cramps, constipation for days. The fruit/ sugar would cause an immediate high and then a woozy low with me wanting to wretch and feeling lightheaded… so I just stopped eating all of those things a couple of years back.

My psoriasis, which used to be at about 70% coverage a few years ago was under control when I started treatment but still in patches on my thighs, elbows & knees… and that is completely clear now! My hand flared up on Saturday after trying grapefruit so that’s now firmly on the “off” list!

But the biggest change has been emotionally – I had got to the stage (about a month ago) that I cried myself to sleep most nights, was like a wound up spring all day, felt out of control, overwhelmed, tearful, exhausted… and even once felt like picking up the baby and just leaving (and I was only bringing him because he was still on the breast!!!) and I’m in an extremely happy relationship with happy if energetic kids!

Yesterday I woke naturally at 6am after a full clear nights sleep and got up an hour before the kids to check my emails (and this forum!), bake some buckwheat bread and generally get ahead of myself in an extremely positive frame of mind! Today I started the Christmas shopping and am happy and full of beans (metaphorically speaking… slap on the wrist for touching beans on stage 1!!).

The big test will be my menstrual cycle… it was at the stage of being considered Menorraghia (I was looking into long tern surgical solutions) with chronic PMT. That little treat is looming next week so it will be interesting to see if there’s a difference this quickly. I presume it will take a number of months to settle.

So to answer your question YES I am seeing a difference in my symptoms! And it’s in no small part down to you and this forum in general. So a huge thank you! But i’m also a very strong willed and stubborn individual and once I got that yeast in my sights there was no chance of survival!! I have followed everything to the letter of the law (your law!) and I think the sauna’s/ baths have hugely helped the process.

Thanks!

L

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

what’s that about the The apple cider vinegar? Never heard about it.
    Able can you teach me please?

thanks
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: what’s that about the The apple cider vinegar? Never heard about it.
    Able can you teach me please?thanks Thomas

Hello, Thomas. Glad you asked.

Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is unpasteurized as an organic cider or vinegar which contains protein enzymes; these supply the vinegar with live cultures therefore replenishing the beneficial bacteria in the intestines.

Most people who cure their infestation manage without ACV, but if you wish to add it, it certainly won’t harm your cause. Just don’t overdo it, because, even with its positive attributes, too much can cause an alkalizing affect in your system just the same as fruit can. A teaspoonful taken a few times a day can’t hurt and may have some positive effects on the infestation.

Able

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The morning routine?’ is closed to new replies.