The link between "mild" adrenal insufficiens and systemic fungal infections, please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The link between "mild" adrenal insufficiens and systemic fungal infections, please help

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  klips32 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

It’s common that you get adrenal fatigue while having Candida Related Complex.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000378.htm

From the above page, “This damage (adrenal) may be caused by the following: (…) Infections such as tuberculosis, HIV, or fungal infections“.

I looked more into it, but can’t find more specific information on what kind of fungal infections they are referring to.

Only thing that tuch the subject is this a very rare condition called “Autoimmune polyendocrine syndrome type 1” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoimmune_polyendocrine_syndrome_type_1
    Patiens often suffer from “A mild immune deficiency, leading to persistent mucosal and cutaneous infections with candida yeasts. There is also decreased function of the spleen (hyposplenism).”

Does anyone know more on this topic?

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

What they were referring to is the actual adrenal gland itself becoming infected with an intracellular pathogen and thus losing some of its hormone producing capacity. It happens, but the main cause of hypo-adrenal status is prolonged elevated glucocorticoid production due to chronic inflammation and stress. In that case, the best thing to do would be to treat for the infection, boost Th1 immunity and reduce inflammation and stress in a healthy way. Ive heard Dr. Ingram talk about tb at a seminar as though it could be a low level smoldering type infection that could infect the adrenals, but also mentioned constant pain in kidney region accompanying it.

Ive heard whitakers mentioned once and it pretty much seemed like it was a cluster of odd symptoms and expressions, probably the ones the wiki article mentions, I would think it would be easily identifiable if you had it.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

So glad someone brought this up. I thought I had that for a bit, because I have candida and also adrenal insufficiency. The candida for 2 years (after antibiotics) and the adrenal insuff. since I was 12.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Klips I would look further at thyroid and not adrenals and candida. The thyroid is the key to your immune system and if its slightly compromised then this is essentially compromising your immune system. Your thyroid also influences your adrenal health. The testing doesn’t always indicate thyroid problems and you may have to heal it on your own or via a naturopathic doctor.

-raster

impossible

raster;52126 wrote: Klips I would look further at thyroid and not adrenals and candida. The thyroid is the key to your immune system and if its slightly compromised then this is essentially compromising your immune system. Your thyroid also influences your adrenal health. The testing doesn’t always indicate thyroid problems and you may have to heal it on your own or via a naturopathic doctor.

-raster

The effect of cortisol on il-6, the Th2 cytokine that works against our proper immune function during candidiasis-

http://joe.endocrinology-journals.org/content/156/1/107.abstract

The effect of dhea on the immune system, vital in our case-

http://www.jackkruse.com/hormone-cpc-1-dhea/

The very fact that one can overload and crash the adrenals by taking thyroid hormones speaks to the fact proper adrenal function is necessary for proper thyroid hormone function, and one could thus conclude that restoring adrenal function helps restore proper thyroid hormone function. Its only one piece of the puzzle, and everybody is going to be different.

doravanil
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

What if you’ve had your whole thyroid removed? Is supporting the hormones easier to do because you don’t have a thyroid to excrete additional hormones? Or would this just make adrenal function worse?

impossible

doravanil;52141 wrote: What if you’ve had your whole thyroid removed? Is supporting the hormones easier to do because you don’t have a thyroid to excrete additional hormones? Or would this just make adrenal function worse?

People who have had their thyroid removed supplement with thyroid hormone/s and just do their best to get the doseage as close to what their body needs as they can. Considering everything else is fine, adrenal function isnt an issue. Its just when thyroid and adrenal function isnt optimal and you throw more thyroid hormone into the mix first that it becomes a problem and people become symptomatic.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

impossible;52113 wrote: What they were referring to is the actual adrenal gland itself becoming infected with an intracellular pathogen and thus losing some of its hormone producing capacity. It happens, but the main cause of hypo-adrenal status is prolonged elevated glucocorticoid production due to chronic inflammation and stress. In that case, the best thing to do would be to treat for the infection, boost Th1 immunity and reduce inflammation and stress in a healthy way. Ive heard Dr. Ingram talk about tb at a seminar as though it could be a low level smoldering type infection that could infect the adrenals, but also mentioned constant pain in kidney region accompanying it.

Ive heard whitakers mentioned once and it pretty much seemed like it was a cluster of odd symptoms and expressions, probably the ones the wiki article mentions, I would think it would be easily identifiable if you had it.

It’s so difficult to write back in English, I’m dyslexic, so bear with me with the long response period. occasional AF does a lot too.

Yes, I’d guess that they are talking about actual destruction/prevention of the adrenal cortex by fungi, and that my (our) AF mostly is caused by stress from different factors that you’ve mentioned. Problem is always that I don’t believe most of the alternative medicine claims, so I tend to dig around on pub.med and talking with me MD friends about it.
    It’s just odd that everybody with CRC tends to have AF. And that my findings make a link between mild immune def. and yeast problems. Just trying to find the root cause. A lot of CRC sufferers had a row of stressful events happening, or a stressful childhood, so I thought that there might be a link between getting CRC and having AF problems.
    Never the less, I am getting more bloodwork done beginning this month, due to low blood sugar measurements (2,8 mmol/ml) at 13:00 (midday). Hopefully I can get them to do more tests regarding cortisol, but doubt it. They think I have hyperinsulinemia.. But they are just guessing atm.

Right now, I’m trying to figure out how to keep AF at bay and handle chelation with aluminosilicate minerals (zeolites) And keep candida under control.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The link between "mild" adrenal insufficiens and systemic fungal infections, please help’ is closed to new replies.