The importance of Vitamin C!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The importance of Vitamin C!

This topic contains 28 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Kirstine1213 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

Able900;33797 wrote: There are hundreds of good brands and you don’t have to spend a fortune on vitamin C, just be sure that it’s “ascorbic acid” and that the ingredients contain no negative substances such as flavorings, etc.

Does this mean the ESTER-C (http://www.myotcstore.com/store/p/22929-American-Health-Ester-C-with-citrus-bioflavonoids-500-mg-capsules-for-immune-support-60-ea.aspx?utm_source=shopping_otc&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=product&gdftrk=gdfv23047_a_7c861_a_7c2706_a_7caxteam0213) is actually not a good choice, since it is non-acidic (thus not ascorbic acid)?

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

Heya, it would still be interesting to know whether Ester-C is a proper Vitamin C (only wonder because as a non-acid, it’s not called ascorbic acid).

Doddy46
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 23

I really believe it is important to chyme in here. I agree with how important vitamin C will be while on a candida diet, and for the reason I would suggest NOT being cheap. As probably the most important vitamin, you want one that works well, not saves you money… Also, ascorbic acid is “NOT” vitamin C, it is made majorely from adding volatile acids to normally Genetically modified corn starch… Any “ascorbic” is a synthesized, isolated, might as well say additive. DO NOT USE THIS CRAP. Get a whole food vitamin C. You can check out Pure synergy radiance vitamin C, or, Healthforce Nutritionals, truly natural vitamin C. But for the love of god, stop taking synthetic vitamins…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Doddy46;42350 wrote: I really believe it is important to chyme in here.

I’m sorry, but I also believe it’s important to chime in here again for the sake of the many members who write to me every week asking me to please help them to decide “which” supplements absolutely must be taken because they simply can’t afford to take them all. Some people really do have problems purchasing all of the supplements, let alone purchasing the most expensive supplements available if it isn’t necessary.

I took the ascorbic acid form of vitamin C throughout my own Candida infestation and, with its use, I’ve reestablished my immune system to the point where I haven’t had a Candida symptom, a cold, virus, or the flu in over two years; and by the way, I’m still taking asorbic acid vitamin C today. So please don’t tell me to stop taking synthetic vitamin C.

In many cases synthetic vitamins won’t work as well as the real thing; vitamins A, D and E are examples, but under normal circumstances, a synthetic vitamin C will do the job expected. To anyone purchasing vitamin C, I’ll say the same thing I do about all supplements:
    Read the list of ingredients.

There are certain circumstances which would warrant purchasing a more expensive form of vitamin C. Those are:

1) If you have digestive or stomach problems you’ll probably want to purchase a buffered form of vitamin C which is going to be more expensive, so expect this when you go shopping for it.

2) If you know that you’re suffering from severe adrenal fatigue then you should try to find a vitamin C supplement which contains bioflavonoid. The ratio should be 1 mg of bioflavonoid for every 2 mg of vitamin C. But all of that has already been covered in another post.
    Candida and the Immune System

Able

yogajedi
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 43

Able- you pointed out the importance of taking a Vitamin C supplement, in part because this diet does not include fruit. Are there any other vitamins or minerals that we are not getting enough of from this diet, that we should add in supplement form?

Brett

Able900
    Spectator

yogajedi;42390 wrote: Able- you pointed out the importance of taking a Vitamin C supplement, in part because this diet does not include fruit.

The reason I suggest high doses of vitamin C is, it doesn’t matter whether you’re on a diet of not, you’re not going to receive the correct amount of vitamin C which is needed to keep a body and especially the immune system in very good health with food alone. To give you an example of what I’m talking about; in order for a normal size human being to receive the amount of vitamin C in one day which is needed to completely protect the body you would need to drink at least 40 glasses of orange juice.

Able

yogajedi

“I really hope that every single forum member is taking vitamin C while on the diet/protocol because it is by far the most important vitamin you need for your health. The human body does not produce vitamin C and this diet does not have fruit in it, so its very important that you supplement yourself with some Vitamin C throughout your treatment until you can eat fruit again regularly.”

Sorry Able, this quote was actually from Raster, from the original post.

“Otherwise, the answer to that question is actually part of the protocol. Sounds like you may need to read it if you intend to follow it.”

I have read and studied both the protocol and the diet at least 15 times, trying to take everything in. I have read the “vitamins and supplements” section multiple times, and I have read all of the 32 articles linked to from the diet. I understand that you list many vitamins, minerals, and supplements both in the protocol, and elaborate on them n the vitamin & mineral post. My question was asked not because I haven’t read the information you sent me, but because I have read it, and am seeking clarification.

I know there are many benefits to taking vitamin C, but Raster is placing special importance on it because we are currently not getting it in our diet through fruit. Since there are so many supplements that you recommend (I counted 18, not including foods), I am not able to afford all of them at once. I am taking the big ones you recommend (coconut oil, molybdenum, vitamin c, candidate, probiotics and about to start kefir and antifungals.), but will have to prioritize some of the others (should I ultimately work up to all supplements listed?

My initial question is not “which supplements are beneficial to the treatment”, as I know you cover this in-depth, but specifically “Are there any other vitamins or minerals that we are not getting enough of from this diet”. I know that we get a wide variety of vitamins and minerals in the diet, but if there is something I will actually be deficient in from not consuming fruit/grains/nuts, then I would put a priority on this and purchase this vitamin/mineral ASAP over something that will just shorten the treatment.

As always, thank you for your help and clarification!

Brett

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Biotin is one example of something you likely won’t consume in your diet and its very cheap at the vitamin shoppe (like $4 per bottle). The calcium/magnesium/zinc solgar bottle is like $12 and last 2-3 months so this is like $4 per month or so.

After awhile you should also examine reducing inflammation and if you are not doing this via food sources I would get cod liver oil. This is a bit more expensive and doesn’t last as long as the above supplements.

Swanson sells cheap vitamins if you are looking at saving some dough.

-raster

yogajedi

Thanks for the tips raster!

What type of inflammation are you referring to though? As far as food sources, I consume a lot of turmeric; and ayurvedic spices for inflammation, EV olive oil, and ground flax seed.

Brett

Able900
    Spectator

yogajedi;42451 wrote: My initial question is not “which supplements are beneficial to the treatment”, as I know you cover this in-depth, but specifically “Are there any other vitamins or minerals that we are not getting enough of from this die.”

raster;42465 wrote: Biotin is one example of something you likely won’t consume in your diet

Which is why Biotin is part of the protocol.

Quoted from the Vitamins and Supplements section of the protocol:

“Biotin: Take 1000 mcg a day for four days, then 1000 mcg a day morning and evening after meals. You can start reducing the amount if the die-off becomes very strong, or once your Candida symptoms begin to lessen.
    Normally, in addition to being in some of the food we eat, biotin is formed by beneficial bacteria in the system. But Candida sufferers are habitually deficient in beneficial bacteria (otherwise it’s doubtful that they would have contracted Candida). In studies, the majority of Candida sufferers who are tested show a deficiency of Biotin.

yogajedi;42390 wrote: Able- you pointed out the importance of taking a Vitamin C supplement, in part because this diet does not include fruit.

yogajedi;42390 wrote: Sorry Able, this quote was actually from Raster, from the original post.

And you repeated it stating that I pointed it out, not Raster, which is why I replied to you, and not Raster.

I have read the “vitamins and supplements” section multiple times, and I have read all of the 32 articles linked to from the diet. I understand that you list many vitamins, minerals, and supplements both in the protocol, and elaborate on them n the vitamin & mineral post. My question was asked not because I haven’t read the information you sent me, but because I have read it, and am seeking clarification.

And yet your question was simply, “Are there any other vitamins or minerals that we are not getting enough of from this diet that we should add in supplement form?”
    So now that you’ve clarified the question, my answer is; yes, they’re on the vitamin & supplement section of the protocol (which you’ve read multiple times I believe).
    Any supplements left unmentioned in the protocol may not be needed by everyone but only on a case by case basis; which is why some of the experts try to keep in very close contact with the members as they advance through the protocol.

No doubt by now this thread has grown terribly boring, my apologies to anyone reading, especially the newer member. We’ll try very hard to do better.

Able

Mykoza
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 32

My favorite brand of Vit.C is Nature’s plus Sustained Release vitamin C (1000mg per pill) or Ultra Source of Life by Nature’s Plus. Highly recommended.

I never get sick with these.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

yogajedi;42482 wrote:
    What type of inflammation are you referring to though? As far as food sources, I consume a lot of turmeric; and ayurvedic spices for inflammation, EV olive oil, and ground flax seed.
    Brett

Certain foods are anti-inflammatory such as broccoli, fish, pumpkin, green tea, most fruit, spinach, etc. Cod liver oil is very high in the anti-inflammatory index and basically is the equivalent of eating like 10+ servings of salad (most veggies are anti-inflammatory) or fish, or something else anti-inflammatory. If you reduce the inflammation then the candida will have a harder time damaging the gut.

-raster

yogajedi

Thanks Raster!

I will definitely add more of the foods you mentioned. Are there any animal-free foods/supplements that have an anti-inflammatory index close to cod liver oil?

Brett

Kirstine1213
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Vitamin C is a powerful anti-oxidant that works on the collagen synthesis and fades pigmentation on the surface of the skin. So I have tried this brand named Triple Action Vitamin C Serum by VoilaVe from Amazon. The reviews were good and I felt like it can help me with my skin concern. One thing that I also love about this, is that it has an anti aging ingredient. It’s affordable and works well on me. You might want to try it too.

Check out this link : http://www.amazon.com/Triple-Action-Vitamin-Serum-Hyaluronic/dp/B00FFANXMM

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The importance of Vitamin C!’ is closed to new replies.