The immunologic role.! I encourage all you to read it.!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Research The immunologic role.! I encourage all you to read it.!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Review of Conventional Role
    Candida Albicans enters and colonizes
    newborn infants during or soon after birth.
    This event may be evidenced clinically as oral
    thrush, but in the vast majority of cases it
    escapes clinical detection. Nevertheless, that it
    occurs is apparent from the fact that by age six
    months, 90 percent of babies have developed a
    positive delayed skin test.
    This, together with the simultaneous development
    of humoral antibodies, indicates that T- as well as
    B-lymphocytes have participated in the
    immunologic response to this yeast.
    Thus soon after birth the stage is set for a lifelong
    battle between this yeast and the human body. That
    this continues throughout life is confirmed by the
    presence at any age of the same high incidence of
    immunologic response, as well as by the frequency
    of recurring clinical yeast infections. If we consider
    the fluctuating levels of humoral antibody together
    with the alternating pattern of positive and negative
    cultures of the mucosal surfaces in a given
    individual, the ebb and flow of the host-parasite
    struggle is evident. Many factors favor the yeast in
    its attempt to extend its total area of mucosal
    involvement. We may have had its growth under
    reasonably good immunologic control, only to have
    such a factor (e.g., antibiotic therapy) lead to a
    breakdown in this control. This may be mild or
    severe and may be easy or difficult to reverse. Few
    if any individuals over a lifetime escape repeated
    encounters of this type. From what is known about
    the genetic control of the immune response, we
    might predict wide variation among individuals in
    their ability to keep yeast growth under control; and
    indeed, this prediction is borne out by clinical
    experience.

The response to an anticandida therapeutic program suggests the existence of an additional by which candida may lead to symptoms. These may range from mild to severe and may represent disturbed function in a variety of tissues. In term of human disability, both mental and physical, symptoms induced by this mechanism far outweigh the minor nuisance of mucus membrane colonization by yeast. The distinguishing feature of this kind of symptoms is its origin in a tissue remote from actual yeast colonization. Abnormal function in a tissue results rather from the release of yeast products into the bloodstream of the host. The important distinction is that chronic colonization of mucus membranes may lead to SERIOUS illness apart from the purely local symptoms of soreness, itching, discharge, or diarrhea.

Conceding for the moment the existence of such a mechanism, it becomes apparent that the proper approach to terminating such a situation is to drive the yeast out of the tissues wherever it has been able to establish itself.

ALTHOUGH ANTI-YEAST DRUG THERAPY AND POSSIBLE DIET HELP ACCOMPLISH THIS, THE SUCCESS MUST DEPEND ON IMMUNOLOGICAL TECHNIQUES DESIGNED TO REESTABLISH A COMPETENT DEFENSE AGAINST THE INFECTIOUS AGENT.

This fragments let people know why diet and antifungal therapy fail.

Jorge.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

dvjorge;54730 wrote:
    ALTHOUGH ANTI-YEAST DRUG THERAPY AND POSSIBLE DIET HELP ACCOMPLISH THIS, THE SUCCESS MUST DEPEND ON IMMUNOLOGICAL TECHNIQUES DESIGNED TO REESTABLISH A COMPETENT DEFENSE AGAINST THE INFECTIOUS AGENT.

Jorge.

Am I correct in saying the answers is different for everyone, sometimes methylation issues, sometimes mercury, sometimes other virus/bacteria, ect ?

If a cure means not having to change the diet ever again (even though you may choose to)because the immune response is adequate, then I think I have seen one person admit they can eat anything they want without worry. This is disheartening,no?

dvjorge
    Participant

Vegan Catlady;54895 wrote:

Jorge.

Am I correct in saying the answers is different for everyone, sometimes methylation issues, sometimes mercury, sometimes other virus/bacteria, ect ?

If a cure means not having to change the diet ever again (even though you may choose to)because the immune response is adequate, then I think I have seen one person admit they can eat anything they want without worry. This is disheartening,no?

No.! This syndrome is totally curable. People can eat whatever they want after eliminating the infection. You need to have clear we must restore the immunologic competence in order to reach a definitive cure. Yes, it may imply mercury chelation, restoring methylation, eliminating yeast colonies, and restoring a friendly protective flora. No everyone has the same case.!

Many people follow web protocols that doesn’t correct the root of it. They relapse again and again because there isn’t immune restoration.

Jorge.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

I, as always agree with Jorge on this.

I would just like to point out that in a healthy individual there is a balance between the lymphocyte production of inflammatory/cell mediated (Th1) and humoral (Th2) cytokines. Following a stressor, cortisol increases and results in suppression of Th1 cytokines by binding to glucocorticoid (GC) receptors in lymphocytes, resulting in down regulation of inflammatory activities (Raison & Miller, 2003; Sternberg, 2006).

A simple research on protozoa infected mice (1. group with th2 dominance, other with th1) (same humeral immunerespons is activated) shows a perfect cure with the th1 group, but not with the th2 group.

It seems like many have experienced a lot of stress prior to this so called overgrowth. Not that this should be one factor; Mercury also triggers a heavy Th2 response for example etc. On top of that, some doctors here in the EU see a link between developing this disease(or range of symptoms) with a positive hypersensitivity test for candida albicans.
    A Norwegian MD has cured plenty of people using a strict no-yeast and mold diet(+environmental factors where mold get in contact with the patient), nystatin and probiotics. Treating this as an allergy rather an overgrowth.
    If in fact, this is allergy related(this can still lead to overgrowth in the GI tract and somewhat other areas of the body), there is a good link between this and the “Adrenal fatigue” syndrom too. Just search pub. med. with key words; HPA-axis alteration/low cortisol and allergy/atopy/hypersensitivity.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Klips, not sure if you’ve read Dr. Yasko’s Pathways or not, but you if you haven’t I think you’ll find it interesting: http://www.dramyyasko.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1327512160_9_1_1_8_pdf_02_file.pdf

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

ThomasJoel2;54951 wrote: Klips, not sure if you’ve read Dr. Yasko’s Pathways or not, but you if you haven’t I think you’ll find it interesting: http://www.dramyyasko.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1327512160_9_1_1_8_pdf_02_file.pdf

I will look into it 🙂

Jorge, regarding using large dosages of s. cerevisiae (bakers yeast) oral and enemas:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23873745

Although the study includes a surface engineered antigen to mimic c. albicans’s Enolase 1-antigen(just a certain structure that our immunesystem can react to), there might have been a positive immune reaction vs. c. albicans by the large intake of “simpel/normal” s. cerevisiae. Don’t know if this brings us any further however..

dvjorge
    Participant

klips32;54978 wrote:

Klips, not sure if you’ve read Dr. Yasko’s Pathways or not, but you if you haven’t I think you’ll find it interesting: http://www.dramyyasko.com/wp-content/files_flutter/1327512160_9_1_1_8_pdf_02_file.pdf

I will look into it 🙂

Jorge, regarding using large dosages of s. cerevisiae (bakers yeast) oral and enemas:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23873745

Although the study includes a surface engineered antigen to mimic c. albicans’s Enolase 1-antigen(just a certain structure that our immunesystem can react to), there might have been a positive immune reaction vs. c. albicans by the large intake of “simpel/normal” s. cerevisiae. Don’t know if this brings us any further however..

Very interesting.!

Yes, it may be possible S. Cerevisiae and S. Boulardii generate an immune response against other yeast species using them as a provocative antigen.

Many people have reached a cure using Florastor. Enemas are always a vital part of any anticandida treatment. I strongly believe in the benefits of using S. Boulardii.

Jorge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The immunologic role.! I encourage all you to read it.!’ is closed to new replies.