The final word on soy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The final word on soy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Travis 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Travis
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Hi all, I’ve so far been unable to find a definitive answer as to whether tofu is okay to eat. The main arguments against that I’ve seen so far have been that most soy contains GMOs and that tofu is fermented. I make my own tofu from non-GMO organic soy beans, and tofu is not fermented. I’m less interested in opinions on whether soy is generally a long-term healthy choice and more interested in whether it would specifically cause setbacks during the candida diet. By the way, I’m currently a few days into Phase 4 of the Lisa Richards program.

Thanks for any input!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The main other problem I see is that its high in fat:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4467/2

And so if you are consuming coconut milk, coconut oil, avocadoes, etc. thats a lot of fat in your diet!

Not many are willing to make it at home so thats good…

-raster

Travis
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 3

Thanks a lot for that info. You pretty much just listed half of my staples now, so I guess tofu is just adding to all the fat! But that’s probably the least of my worries now.

On the plus side I use about 10 tablespoons of pure lemon juice as the coagulant — a little extra liver cleanse as a side effect.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘The final word on soy’ is closed to new replies.