The diet doesnt kill candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The diet doesnt kill candida

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  GayBofill 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

+Christian+
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 7

“THE DIET DOESN’T KILL CANDIDA

Keep in mind that a low-carb diet is still feeding your yeast, and so, ideally, every Candida sufferer would follow a strict zero-carb diet until the infection is overcome. But don’t delude yourself into thinking that you are starving your Candida no matter which diet you are on. You just aren’t giving them extra food. They still are sucking sugar (glucose) out of your blood, and there will always be an unlimited supply of that as long as you are alive. What you can do with diet, and the only thing you can do with diet, is avoid aggravating your condition by giving the yeast extra food.”- http://www.fungusfocus.com/html/candida_diet.htm

I copied and pasted this from a website i was reading today and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is really true. I mean if I were to do this diet for a year and then suddenly eat something that makes my condition flare up, all that progress in that year would just feel like a complete waste to me, I might as well just eat what I want now and let the yeast build up until it suppresses my immune system to the point where it kills me. I seriously dont want to diet like this for the rest of my life, i miss eating the food that i loved. I think everyone has yeast in their system but its just Candida Albicans typically becomes an overgrowth. So is there anything doctors can do like give me a powerful drug that kills the overgrowth to a point where Im normal again? I just want to be rid of this problem and im about to lose hope.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

+Christian+ wrote: “THE DIET DOESN’T KILL CANDIDA

Actually that statement is a little misleading, because the diet does kill Candida otherwise none of us would have experienced die-off symptoms from the diet alone. So there’s your proof that the diet can kill individual Candida cells.

+Christian+ wrote: What you can do with diet, and the only thing you can do with diet, is avoid aggravating your condition by giving the yeast extra food.”

You’re not telling us anything we don’t know and haven’t known for a long time.

+Christian+ wrote: “So is there anything doctors can do like give me a powerful drug that kills the overgrowth to a point where Im normal again?”

Well yes, they could, but they probably won’t because I’d guess that 99% or more probably have no idea how to treat Candida albicans and in fact haven’t even figured out as much as you have about it.

The entire paragraph you pasted in your message is correct, and so are you. You’ll never cure the infestation with food, the lack of food, or all the antifungals in the world, and I must have written this at least a dozen times on the forum. The only reason you take these is to lower the population and to prevent the infestation from multiplying until it reaches a severe level of Candidiasis officially referred to as Candida sepsis.

Taken from a previous post:
    “Once Candida has progressed to a point of actually entering into the bloodstream, it’s no longer a simple Candida infestation; instead it’s referred to as Candida sepsis, which means that it’s now a body-wide infection. At this point it’s extremely difficult to treat and is usually necessary to treat in a hospital. The death rate from late stage Candidiasis, or Candida sepsis, is estimated to be as high as 70%. This is why we try to convince people to treat the infestation as soon as possible instead of putting the treatment off for even a week or until after a holiday or birthday or any of the many ‘special’ days that they believe warrant avoiding the treatment. And it seems that a lot of members want to become ‘accustomed to the diet” very slowly leading us to believe that they assume the infestation won’t become worse, but as you see, this way of thinking can be dangerous.”

You’ll have to change the environment which allows the Candida to thrive – and you’ll have to do this on a permanent basis in order to bring about a lasting cure. This is done over time with probiotics and homemade kefir which will provide your body with the beneficial flora which lives in the intestines.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

+Christian+ wrote: “THE DIET DOESN’T KILL CANDIDA

Keep in mind that a low-carb diet is still feeding your yeast, and so, ideally, every Candida sufferer would follow a strict zero-carb diet until the infection is overcome. But don’t delude yourself into thinking that you are starving your Candida no matter which diet you are on. You just aren’t giving them extra food. They still are sucking sugar (glucose) out of your blood, and there will always be an unlimited supply of that as long as you are alive. What you can do with diet, and the only thing you can do with diet, is avoid aggravating your condition by giving the yeast extra food.”- http://www.fungusfocus.com/html/candida_diet.htm

I copied and pasted this from a website i was reading today and i was wondering if anyone could tell me if this is really true. I mean if I were to do this diet for a year and then suddenly eat something that makes my condition flare up, all that progress in that year would just feel like a complete waste to me, I might as well just eat what I want now and let the yeast build up until it suppresses my immune system to the point where it kills me. I seriously dont want to diet like this for the rest of my life, i miss eating the food that i loved. I think everyone has yeast in their system but its just Candida Albicans typically becomes an overgrowth. So is there anything doctors can do like give me a powerful drug that kills the overgrowth to a point where Im normal again? I just want to be rid of this problem and im about to lose hope.

Christian,
    You better calm down because the trip is long.!
    A fungal overgrowth occur because the yeast has been present in your body in enough numbers and for enough time to convince the immune system don’t attack it. It is tolerance, adaptability, immune dysfunction, etc. When this happen, the only defense you have is the competitive flora that keep the yeast partially inhibited until some trigger such as antibiotics explode it.
    To revert this damage the inverted process must happen. The yeast has to be lowered to a minimum for enough time to allow the immune system re-activate against it again.
    Do what you do, if the immune system doesn’t wake up, you will be as close to a pizza slide to have the symptoms back.
    I doubt your Dr can give you a prescription able to correct it in a short term.
    You have an immune problem, probably acquired, that require time and diligence to resolve, if ever do permanently.
    Without immune defenses, no treatment work ! People with AIDS died in the past with a simple flu.
    Be prepared to change your life for a while.
    Jorge.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

The diet just puts you in a better position to combat candida; it’s not a solution in itself. Killing candida requires more of a strategy involving anti-fungals, probiotics and other supplements and complete commitment to the diet, as well as solving any issues with stress. This is basically what the protocol provides you with.

It does kind of suck not eating baked goods and sweets and stuff, but haven’t you had your fill? I’m 26 and I think I’ve had enough years of eating irresponsibly and feeling like crap. The diet is extreme and will take a long time, but that’s what I get for not eating junk in moderation and not taking care of myself.

On the plus side, with these lifestyle changes I reduce my chance of developing just about every degenerative disease from diabetes to Alzheimer’s and even cancer. The fact that such diseases are so rife nowadays shows you that the kind of “normal” diet you miss is far from ideal for your health, even if you don’t have candida. Other cultures don’t crave the kind of crap we do or the amount of medical care. The improvements I’m feeling in my body and growing appreciation of real, unprocessed food is adding to my motivation too.

I think there’s a big hurdle at the beginning, but once you get over it, you may actually start to like the diet. Just do your best to see the positive side of things, and remember you can have some of your favourite foods one day, just not now. I’m sure footballers who break their legs want to get back on the field, but they don’t “cheat” a game halfway through recovery – they stick out the healing time and the rehab sessions and get back to full fitness first.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Brilliantly explained, Javizy.

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Wow! I can certainly nod my head to all these posts.

All I can say is that I just don’t want to feel bad anymore and I guess until that happened I wasn’t willing to let go and do what I hde to do. But, it really is amazing how freeing it is when I’m not dealing with symptoms all the time and feeling like crap. I’m physically more comfortable and it feels so much better to feel good! You know, my body is what it is. If I keep rebelling against it (as I did for YEARS with this candida thing not wanting to accept what is) then I pay the price big time. The momentary sensation I got from eating poorly just isn’t worth it to me anymore. I hope I always feel this way and don’t forget what I’m trading off for.

GB

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The diet doesnt kill candida’ is closed to new replies.