The daily intake of food and the 25g sugar a day rule

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions The daily intake of food and the 25g sugar a day rule

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Well, I started to wonder how much food do I need to survive, while not blowing the 25 grams of carbohydrates rule.

To figure that out I used a free online calculator for food and fitness.
    I am 185cm high and my weight is 78kg male:

I got this:

Your Daily Protein, Fat & Carbohydrate Ratios Are:
    Protein 85 grams
    Carbohydrates 68 grams
    Fats from 213 to 298 grams´╗┐

Well, then I lowered the carb values for me to 25 grams and checked their food list.

Today I had until lunch: 200 g Greek organic yoghurt. 100g Kefir, 2 organic eggs, 2 tea spoons olive oil, one tea spoon coconut oil, I planned now to eat a handful ca 200 gram Asparagus. But I got a chock when I saw how much I would blow my sugar level. OK, I lowered the grams of the asparagus and I am down not to 80 grams.

I used up for today

951 calories

78.1 Fat

26.1 Carb

40.2 Proteins

Now my problem is that: How do I get more energy using greens but not going higher on the sugar account? I could eat now a lot of meat but that is what I don’t want.

Not eating anymore for the rest of the day would not be an option either because my system needs more calories for the day to survive.

thanks
    Thomas

Here is the link to the counter I used:

http://www.fitday.com/

Copy that link into your browser. It looks like that the URL feature is not working here in the forum.

jasminehks
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 30

is this something we all need to be doing ??
    idk i’m not in a situation where i can count everything i eat..calorie, fat and protein wise.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I said 25g of sugar and not carbs protein or anything else. This is a rule my naturopath uses so that you have a guideline on how much you can handle per day. It’s very hard to go no sugar for a very long time, because it exists naturally in many foods.

For instance, some yogurts has 17g gram of sugar per serving. If you eat tomatoes, onions, and an apple a day on top of yogurt; this is like 50g of sugar (way too much). If you ate half an apple a day only, this would be like 10-15g of sugar. If thats the only amount of sugar you eat daily, then you are doing alright and your body can recover.

Eat as much protein, fats, and carbs as you want!

You don’t have to follow my rule or anyone’s rule, but your body will have difficulty recovering (quickly) if you eat more than 25g of sugar per day.

-Raster

Thomas

raster wrote: I said 25g of sugar and not carbs protein or anything else. This is a rule my naturopath uses so that you have a guideline on how much you can handle per day. It’s very hard to go no sugar for a very long time, because it exists naturally in many foods.

For instance, some yogurts has 17g gram of sugar per serving. If you eat tomatoes, onions, and an apple a day on top of yogurt; this is like 50g of sugar (way too much). If you ate half an apple a day only, this would be like 10-15g of sugar. If thats the only amount of sugar you eat daily, then you are doing alright and your body can recover.

Eat as much protein, fats, and carbs as you want!

You don’t have to follow my rule or anyone’s rule, but your body will have difficulty recovering (quickly) if you eat more than 25g of sugar per day.

-Raster

I am not eating sugar at all and dont need it. I am only thinking what do I need. Are carbs not equal to sugar? You see, for me everything is new. As an example, I eat organic greek yogurt. It has on the list of the box only Energy 524 kj then it has Protein 3,8 Carbohydrates 4,8 g Fett 10 g.

I thought that the carbohydrates are sugar = 4,8 g per 100 g of yoghurt.
    From your answer I reckon that I am making a mistake here if you say I can eat as much carbohydrates as I want. Good, but how do I know how much sugar is in them. Lets say squash, or kefir, or cucumber.

I hope you understand that I am not a sweet mouth needing my sugar.

all the best
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Thomas,

Here is a good site that shows how much sugar per serving you are eating for vegetables:

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-tomatoes-red-ripe-i11529?size_grams=62.0

A plum tomato has 1.6g of sugar.
    A cup of cherry tomatoes has 3.9g of sugar.
    A medium raw cucumber has 2.8g of sugar.
    A medium sized summer squash has 4.3g of sugar.

Kefir on the other hand is not easy to quantify and the benefits outweigh the consequences. Greek yogurt should have a label on the back that says how much sugar is in it per serving; should be something between 7-15g of sugar (hopefully).

Carbs and sugar are not the same, so don’t get confused.

Here is a site that shows a graph for the amount of carbs you need per day:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-need.html

They state that you need 100-500g of carbs a day.

Thomas

raster wrote: Hello Thomas,

Here is a good site that shows how much sugar per serving you are eating for vegetables:

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-tomatoes-red-ripe-i11529?size_grams=62.0

A plum tomato has 1.6g of sugar.
    A cup of cherry tomatoes has 3.9g of sugar.
    A medium raw cucumber has 2.8g of sugar.
    A medium sized summer squash has 4.3g of sugar.

Kefir on the other hand is not easy to quantify and the benefits outweigh the consequences. Greek yogurt should have a label on the back that says how much sugar is in it per serving; should be something between 7-15g of sugar (hopefully).

Carbs and sugar are not the same, so don’t get confused.

Here is a site that shows a graph for the amount of carbs you need per day:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition/how-many-carbohydrates-do-you-need.html

They state that you need 100-500g of carbs a day.

mate, thats it! I was after such info. Thank you very much. On our yogurt is no sugar written, nothing is added either. Its accentually quite bitter but I love it that way.

thanks again raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The daily intake of food and the 25g sugar a day rule’ is closed to new replies.