THE BEST GARLIC SUPPLEMENT

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions THE BEST GARLIC SUPPLEMENT

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Can-Did-A
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

Hi, I’m interested to know which is the best. If I’m right in saying so, I understand that important things to look for in a good garlic supplement are that the garlic is not odorless because then the oil has been cooked or something like that. Is that right? And also that it should be enteric-coated, and also at leas 4,000 mcg of allicin.

Can someone please provide me some links to the best ones, and possibly with all the above as mentioned.

Thank you very much.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The best kind is raw garlic that you cut up yourself and put on a spoon and swallow with water.

The second best would be the garlic oil capsules and they are all about the same in quality. I’d get one made with olive oil or another kind of good oil (and not generic vegetable oil).

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I agree with Raster that actual garlic is a good choice (and probably way cheaper than anything else). If you make mashed cauliflower/rutabaga, blend a clove (or two) of raw garlic into it when you puree. Or if you make blended soups, add garlic when you put it in the blender. I’ve found that I can convince myself to eat a lot of raw garlic if it’s under cover of a meal, but maybe only a clove if I try to eat it straight.

Can-Did-A

Able900;32665 wrote:

Planetary Formulas Garlichol & Cholestgar Garlicguggul Compound
    6,000 mcg of allicin per tablet

That looks really good but I’m from the UK. Can you help me further please? Thank you.

Thanks to everybody else trying to help as well; I’m really after a supplement.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Garlic that is not properly neutralized can burn the cell membranes of candida and beneficial flora. Not to mention that it can burn intestinal lining causing further inflammation. For people that have any kind of GI inflammation– aged or cooked garlic is the best choice(some may not tolerate it it at all). For some this is not common sense.

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2020608#i

Can-Did-A

What’s you take on this?

”Some manufacturers have enteric-coated their garlic powder so that it would bypass the stomach. Assuming the best, that a high quality garlic powder is used initially (one that is not exposed to high temperatures which can deactivate alliinase), this form of garlic could potentially deliver alliin and alliinase to the intestinal tract. However, simulated intestinal fluids have been shown to inhibit 40% of the allicin production. The remaining allicin may exert anti-microbial effects on bad bacteria, however, it may also destroy friendly bacteria. Both allicin and raw garlic preparations which contain allicin have been shown to decrease the bacteria flora. Further, being a strong oxidizing agent allicin may irritate the sensitive cells which line the intestinal tract as it has been shown to irritate the cells lining the stomach. Finally, if organically grown garlic is not used as a starting material, enteric-coatings may assist in delivering pesticides and other contaminants in the garlic directly into the intestinal tract for absorption.”

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

If you’re speaking of garlic’s antibacterial properties, yes it is an antibacterial just like almost every other antifungal you can name. That’s one reason that large amounts of coconut oil are so important on the diet. The Lauric Acid in coconut oil kills fungi, viruses, and lipid-coated bacteria. Examples are: herpes simplex, Rubeola, streptococcus, H. pylori, HIV-1, and the influenza virus, but it does not harm the friendly intestinal bacteria.

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘THE BEST GARLIC SUPPLEMENT’ is closed to new replies.