thankful and balance bound

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals thankful and balance bound

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  runmillerun 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

runmillerun
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 18

I am so thankful to have discovered this forum. It is a place of validation for what I have been going through for 19 years. To be able to correspond with other individuals suffering from candida means so much to me. I hope it will be a great experience as I just signed on to the forum today. We all need support and help. Candida is crazy difficulIt to overcome. I think some learn to live with in, in balance. I am balance bound now. I will get there.

It started for me at any early age with asthma and allergies. My mom being a heavy smoker (cigs are laidened with fungus) and moderate drinker (alcohol feeds yeast) I am rather sure she passed it on to me. (My five brother all struggle with it too). I had 6 mercury fillings before the age of 13 as well I now know that did not help my candida matters at all! (research the correlation) When I got to college it became horrible with the acne, depression, brain fog, anxiety, nail fungus and chronic yeast infections. I took all the convential crap, diflucan and lamsil. I was put on an antidepressant. I still didn’t know what candida was then. I wish that I had been told. This was 1999-2000.

So fast foward to now and the several symptoms that have followed me through the years. Only to have become major to my everyday lack of functioning. Joint pain, Tinea versicolor, anxiety, “adhd” like symptoms–concentration issues, moodiness, irratibility, feeling numb or apathetic, depression, muscle soreness, constipation, impaired mental functioning– memory issues, sinus congestion, retcal itching, skin itchiness, dandruff, fatigue,headaches, lack of sex drive, occsaional yeast infections, vag. discharge, sugar cravings and the list goes on. I learned within the last 5 years that candida was what it was called. I would research it and feel overwhelmed. I would try the candida diet and some supplements and quit within a week because the die off was so brutal and I couldn’t follow through with the diet. I tried raw, vegan, and so on. I couldn’t stay consistent. I noticed that each time I went back to take a crack at getting the candida under control I learned something new. Research was so crucial. I am super independent so I have always just wanted to do it on my own. This time around I realize I need help, support and to let others know what I am doing as it is the most important, most challenging thing I have ever done. But this time around is different because I am going to be persistant and consistent in the candida battle.

I didn’t realize or admit to myself or outloud how bad my digestive health had been. I finally broke down (in the doctors office) and that minute gave myself permission to make my health a priority. I had admitted that I was not as “healthy” as I thought. I am incredibly stupid and stubborn at times. When I was younger, I sort of thought I was invincible. Now I am almost 35. I watched my oldest brother die of kidney cancer (at 45 years old) this time of year, 3 years ago. It changed me. It made me realize that we have some say in how much time we have. He was full of fungus too.

Now to the present day. For 2.5 weeks I have been off all forms of sugar and mostly following (Body Ecology-by Donna Gates). There are so many diets. I even tried Gabriel Cousins–Rainbow raw food book. His diet (phases) is hands down the most effective as he has pure research behind it, but his diet it the most difficult. Donna’s approach is the most doable for me with the apple cider vinegar twice daily, probiotics, proper food combining, only 4 grains (quinoa, buckwheat, amar.millet) 80% veggies/ 20% meat, no cheese, eat until I am 80% full, cultured veggies, sea vegetables, organic vegetables, no fruit or sweets, my selection of supplements (pau d arco- tea/pill form,digestive enzymes, calpryic acid, tea tree oil, oregano oil, garlic, clove, turmeric, msm, flax seed oil, hemp seeds, grapeseed powder/grapefruit extract, milk thistle tea, nettle/dandelion teas,benonite clay, coconut oil, cayenne pepper. And lastly the bi/tri-weekly enemas(water only).

I know there is much I am leaving out, but I wanted to put my story out there to help someone. I feel better in a major way. The fog has lifted. I feel happy, emotional, present, and less pain. The tinea versicolor is fading. I feel and can see significant progress. I lost 10 pounds. The bloating and gas is gone. Cravings for sugar have subsided mostly, I eat way less. I feel calmer and more confident. The anxiety has simmered significantly. This is the longest and best I have gone without sugar my whole life. I am happy and I want others to know. The first week was so hard but it is getting easier and through the holidays even. Thanks for reading. Good luck to all of you and feel free to ask questions. I am well read but still learing. I will eventually do to a natropath once I have done a year commitment to this. It took years to get to this point and it will take years to undo. I have accepted this. I am accountable now.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

I look forward to hearing how you progress.
    Your progression is going to give me hope 🙂

I dont want to live without sugar, and I was never a sugar addict anyway…but the thought of going without it pisses me off, and I wont accept the idea that we have to live without it.

Katemate3
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Vegan Catlady;52362 wrote: and I wont accept the idea that we have to live without it.

I’ve accepted that i’ll live without sugar from now on. (apart from fruit) To me it just isn’t worth it. I wouldn’t want to risk my health again for a slice of cake. Even if I get better from Candida (although frankly it seems this is something you have to deal with as a lifetime thing) my body doesn’t want sugar, so i’m not going to give it some!

I think once you accept this, everything becomes a little easier. I’m really trying to let go of my anger about Candida- After all, it’s just sugar, there are a helluva lot more important things in the world.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Well, that seems to be the consensus outlook here, live without sugar and deal with it.
    I get that eliminating sugar forever has made people feel better.

I dont resonate with that being the answer, as sugar (not white processed but sugar in general) is a very important part of functioning. More important than protein, more important than fat.
    It seems illogical that we would have SO many receptors on our tongue for sugar, but that we shouldnt consume it.

I read last night that there is evidence that supports low carb diets being beneficial for feeling better, but that it actually changes and makes the overgrowth harder to get rid of because of the adaptation.

IE, get rid of what is making the yeast overgrow, not just get rid of the yeast.

runmillerun

It it not a forever thing. My body needs to heal and it is. I am making myself a priority. Candida is a medical condition that is under estimated.

So in a few days it will be a month since I have made a HUGE transformation (I was a sugar addict because that is what the over growth of yeast does– it makes you crave more and more) It is a physical and mental issue for me. Probably emotional too. Which I was very apathetic before. Now I am feeling and sugar/food is not something I look forward to. “Treats” were never that at all. It was what was feeding my issues. Now “treats” have become ways of treating myself right and doing what I need to heal. Keep reading to find how I have been rewarded.

These are the things that have improved for me in 30 days. I hope this does give people hope. Because it is working for me. I lost ten pounds. I am no longer bloated or have excess gas. When I have had gas I do an enema –one every two days (this is a HUGE part of my success- they CAN NOT be under estimated) Headaches are gone! (apart from the mild die off that I had the first 10 days) My mind feels CLEAR!!!! I don’t have the ADHD like symptoms I was very much displaying before. ( I was diagnosed by a therapist but I knew all along it was my garbage diet and the yeast overgrowth. I was never adhd as a kid. Moodiness and Irritability gone. Dandruff gone! I actually feel happier, the depression and fog have lifted. I am calm and I can focus and plan ahead. I wish that I could insert my partner and best friend’s observations in here so you could know how much things have changed. My energy is not so fractured and churning. I am calmer and more patient. I no longer feel like throwing myself in the trash in the morning, I wake up feeling rested and not wanting to crawl back in bed. Weirdo, assorted and random body pains– Gone, gone, gone. I am still struggling with tinea versicolor and mild yeast/white discharge here and there. This will take time I know. The whole process will. The key is when you are starting to feel good not to run back to the same diet. In time I will reintroduce foods. If giving up fruit and deserts and making these modifications so I can feel like I do know, I will keep it up. It is worth it all. I find I don’t even want the crap food now! Sugar cravings gone! I have MORE energy! I don’t eat a lot and I find I am not as hungry as before. I eat 2-3 green veggies a day- salad or stirfry, 2 servings of the safe grains, one serving of meat. That is pretty much it. Maybe a snack of almonds. I stick very close to the anti candida diet.

I have stuck with several antifungals (caprilic acid, coconut oil, candex, garlic, turmeric, oregano oil, olive leaf, pau d arco tea and powder, herbal teas for live support) I take digestive enzymes before every meal and probiotics in the morning. I have maintained proper food combining and have cheated very little– maybe a bite of dark choc. here and there. I am eating more veggies and not over eating hardly at all. Smaller, frequent meals. I exercise moderately.

I know there is so much I am leaving out but I have to write this because I want to help people now. It has plagued me for too long and I am so glad I am finally making the changes. I research continually to keep gaining information everyday but I only do a little at a time so I don’t become overwhelmed.

Some things I need to add and I know it. Working less, doing the sauna 4-5 days a week, drinking more water, more herbal tea (nettle etc.), meditating and eating more, more yoga, less mental stress, way more cultured veggies.

I hope this helps. Thanks for reading.

runmillerun

It it not a forever thing. My body needs to heal and it is. I am making myself a priority. Candida is a medical condition that is under estimated.

So in a few days it will be a month since I have made a HUGE transformation (I was a sugar addict because that is what the over growth of yeast does– it makes you crave more and more) It is a physical and mental issue for me. Probably emotional too. Which I was very apathetic before. Now I am feeling and sugar/food is not something I look forward to. “Treats” were never that at all. It was what was feeding my issues. Now “treats” have become ways of treating myself right and doing what I need to heal. Keep reading to find how I have been rewarded.

These are the things that have improved for me in 30 days. I hope this does give people hope. Because it is working for me. I lost ten pounds. I am no longer bloated or have excess gas. When I have had gas I do an enema –one every two days (this is a HUGE part of my success- they CAN NOT be under estimated) Headaches are gone! (apart from the mild die off that I had the first 10 days) My mind feels CLEAR!!!! I don’t have the ADHD like symptoms I was very much displaying before. ( I was diagnosed by a therapist but I knew all along it was my garbage diet and the yeast overgrowth. I was never adhd as a kid. Moodiness and Irritability gone. Dandruff gone! I actually feel happier, the depression and fog have lifted. I am calm and I can focus and plan ahead. I wish that I could insert my partner and best friend’s observations in here so you could know how much things have changed. My energy is not so fractured and churning. I am calmer and more patient. I no longer feel like throwing myself in the trash in the morning, I wake up feeling rested and not wanting to crawl back in bed. Weirdo, assorted and random body pains– Gone, gone, gone. I am still struggling with tinea versicolor and mild yeast/white discharge here and there. This will take time I know. The whole process will. The key is when you are starting to feel good not to run back to the same diet. In time I will reintroduce foods. If giving up fruit and deserts and making these modifications so I can feel like I do know, I will keep it up. It is worth it all. I find I don’t even want the crap food now! Sugar cravings gone! I have MORE energy! I don’t eat a lot and I find I am not as hungry as before. I eat 2-3 green veggies a day- salad or stirfry, 2 servings of the safe grains, one serving of meat. That is pretty much it. Maybe a snack of almonds. I stick very close to the anti candida diet.

I have stuck with several antifungals (caprilic acid, coconut oil, candex, garlic, turmeric, oregano oil, olive leaf, pau d arco tea and powder, herbal teas for live support) I take digestive enzymes before every meal and probiotics in the morning. I have maintained proper food combining and have cheated very little– maybe a bite of dark choc. here and there. I am eating more veggies and not over eating hardly at all. Smaller, frequent meals. I exercise moderately.

I know there is so much I am leaving out but I have to write this because I want to help people now. It has plagued me for too long and I am so glad I am finally making the changes. I research continually to keep gaining information everyday but I only do a little at a time so I don’t become overwhelmed.

Some things I need to add and I know it. Working less, doing the sauna 4-5 days a week, drinking more water, more herbal tea (nettle etc.), meditating and eating more, more yoga, less mental stress, way more cultured veggies.

I hope this helps. Thanks for reading.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘thankful and balance bound’ is closed to new replies.