Thank you

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Today is my second morning with out crud all over my mouth. Not a spot or speck. Deep in my throat I feel a soreness not sure if that is the thrush still or not. I can’t thank you all enough for the advice, the support. Sharing your upd and downs. I have spent hours here reading and learning so thankful. I made it through yesterday with absolutely no temptations. Dieted for years and couldn’t sick to it. Yesterday ate my spinache, cucumbers, avecados, hard boiled eggs….and was happy to be heslthy. Have lost 15 lbs over 3 weeks…fast but feeling healthy..thank you for being here for you advice and sharing of stories.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

No problem…things will only get better from here. If you need any other food ideas, I would be happy to pass them along (if you want to lose less weight). Foods high in FOS are highly recommended for your recovery except if they contain high amounts of sugar.

-Raster

Jackie2
    Participant

I’m sticking to the diet, scrubbing the heck out of my teeth, oil pulling etc. I’m not taking any of the supplements listed here because finishing doc’s perscription of nystatin. So what I’m wondering is…what do I do about calcium? Can I take calcium supplements? What about vitamins in general? I know I eating tons of greens and a bit of chicken…need to buy some salmon but soooo expensive…UGH…what about other fish talaipa, cod, tuna? I know tuna/mercury? Maybe not Tuna? I just want to open a can of tuna and munch on it…

raster
    Participant

Check out this post about vitamins:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

You can take a calcium, magnesium, and zinc combo vitamin and this will help quite a bit for your recovery. I also recommend vitamin C with bioflavanoids; the bioflavanoids have properties that can help treat candida and allergies. Cod liver oil can help treat the inflammation. Probiotics are the single most important thing you need for your recovery.

I would rotate chicken and seafood; I wouldn’t worry too much about which fish to eat. I would just educate yourself on which fish have the least amount of mercury.

-Raster

Jackie2
    Participant

Where do you suggest I get these supplements? On line or at a store near me? I have always just tried to eat healthy…huge problem with carbs. Love to bake bread, cinnamon rolls, make pasta, love to bake and make not to mention the chocolate addicition…at least I thought I had a problem. Read this web site and brought everything to a screaching hault. Funny thing is I’m not missing it too bad. Was tough making food for Thanksgiving for the family…couldn’t taste the gravy to see if it needed more spices etc…it is all going to be fine and better for me 🙂 I’m so thankful and greatful for your advice. To think I was being sent to my dentist for additional help??? Really?

raster
    Participant

In the US we have a store chain called “vitamin shoppe” and you can get these basic vitamins and others there. Additionally, there are other stores that sell vitamins out there; specifically natural/organic food stores. You can also order online, and one place that is OK is pureformulas (free shipping).

Look at the ingredients of the vitamins and don’t get anything that contains rice or starch, sugars, etc.

-Raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thank you’ is closed to new replies.