THANK YOU

This topic contains 77 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Diane
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 73

Dear Able.,

I am very unhappy to report that I am feeling really sick and miserable. Terrible abdominal pains but no constipation.
    No energy whatsoever. I have not been able to get my hands on candidate yet because delivery time is long so I will get it
    when I come back from my holidays. Is this normal, should I be feeling so sick. Does this mean that I have a terrible case of candida? I get confused and scared, since I am not getting any professional help. I have finally managed to make an appointment with a naturopath, however that wont be till end of August.
    In the meant time I have stopped the probiotics and all supplementation, just in case, I might be having too much die off.
    The truth is that I have been attacking it like crazy. So perhaps now I am paying the price. I really hope that I am on the right track. What do you think Able??

Hope you manage to read this today!

Cheers

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Diane. So sorry about not answering you earlier today, but somehow I missed your post. Please forgive me.

If you’ve been aggressively attempting to kill off the Candida, it’s much more logical that you’re experiencing the die-off symptoms at this time rather than symptoms of the Candida. The symptoms really can seem to be worse than the Candida, at least they certainly were for me.

Try to enjoy in the fact that when you’re experiencing these terrible feelings, it means that Candida are being killed by the thousands, and that’s a good thing, although their toxins aren’t. Can you find the Molybdenum in your area? Also, if there is a sauna in the area, definitely look into visiting there for a long session. If not a sauna, you can fill your tub with water as hot as you can bear (hot enough to make you perspire soon afterwards) and get in for at least 20 minutes. Make the room very warm also; because what you need to do is perspire, in fact, any way that you can make yourself perspire will help because you will be getting rid of some of the toxins in this manner. To help elimination along, drink plenty of water, always, but especially during this time.

Do not under any circumstances allow yourself to become even mildly constipated during a die-off experience. What you want to do is to eliminate the toxins, and not allow them to build up.

And by the way, to make sure you understand, I do not believe that this is the Candida symptoms.

Hope you feel a lot better soon.
    Able

Diane

Hi Able,
    Thank you for your response, i wrote today so your timing was great 🙂

I am some what relieved to read your reply but at the same time I cannot understand why its attacking my lower abdomen almost like pms symptoms. I get so quickly discouraged and worried. Before i started the diet, I had long pms difficulties, three weeks before my period, now i know where it was coming from. The pain is all over my lower and upper abdomen going close to my ovaries, that is the scary pArt for me. The good news is that im hungry :). However I will stay away from solids today. So once again, all these symptoms are huge die off signs? Yes?
    I will go and take a bath now and look for the Molybdenum tomorrow, hopefully I will find them.

Thanks Able

Cheers

Very tired Diane

Able900
    Spectator

Diane, I’m going to be honest with you, I really can’t be sure as far as why your stomach area is bothering you so much. I know that one can experience stomach and indigestion problems with die-off, but the problems can also be caused by the Candida itself. However, that being said, I still believe you’re experiencing heavy die-off symptoms simply because of what you’ve been doing leading up to this. I very seriously doubt that you’ve done anything at all that would cause the Candida to be worse. Let’s see how you feel after a few days off of the antifungals.

I would, however, continue to take some probiotics. I’m sorry, but I don’t remember if you’ve mentioned the count of probiotics you’re taking. If you’re taking more than one dose, you could cut it in half for this time period. The probiotics should help instead of bother your stomach.

You mentioned long PMS difficulties; that makes sense actually. Candida can secrete additional estrogens in your body which would cause or contribute to estrogen overload, which in turn can cause increased and worse PMS symptoms.

I hope you have time tomorrow to let me know how you are. Speaking of tomorrow, from around 11 am and for the remainder of the day I’ll be away from the office (if I’m not mistaken, I believe that’s about 5 pm your time).

Able

satine198
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi Able! New user, you seem like an ANGEL! I’ve been trying to deal with this all by myself, and I don’t have many of the digestive issues that Ive heard (or at least I didn’t notice them), my candida rears it’s ugly head as a soreness in my gums and throat, and has a horrible taste in my gums and radiating from my esophagus and probably further. I also have been very foggy and have a feeling of highness every once in a while….

I got it from taking antibiotics at least a year ago from a root canal, and it took three dentists to finally diagnose what this funny taste was. I have taken nystatin and fluconazole which helped a bit, but it always comes back. I decided to try the diet.

I’ve been on a grain, dairy, sugar, starch, nightshade and ferment free diet for a week now. I have been drinking plenty of lemon, water, taking Jarrow probiotics in the morning and night, and 2 tabs of garlic three times a day. Im wary to take a multivitamin as I have read many contain candida friendly ingredients (like b?) Ive been trying to work out for 30 minutes a day even though I am sooooo tired and hungry.

What is a good multi, and am I doing enough? I havent experienced any die off symptoms…..is this a good thing? I dont typically have any diet restrictions….when will, if ever, will I be able to eat normal again? I am such a foodie, and although I have been getting very creative (I will be posting my recipes) I can’t wait to stop being paleolithic!
    Thank you so much
    Angie

Diane

Dear Able,

Wow thats really weird, whilst I was writing this someone else called you an ANGEL.
    For some reason, I got it stuck in my head that your name is Michael. Obviously I have no idea what your name is and I dont expect you to tell me. The reason why I feel the need to call you Michael is maybe because Michael is my guardian angel.
    I was born on a Sunday and St. Michael is the guardian angel of all those born on a Sunday. Able you have been my guardian angel over the miles, you have shared very important information with me as will as guiding me through this very difficult and daunting period in my life. When I embarked on this journey, I did not quite realise how tough it would be. Happily, physically as well as physcologically, I am very strong. Having said that, I was not completely alone, you were there and for that I am extremely grateful. I am truly grateful, inspite of the distance, I could reach out and you always were/are ready to help.

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Diane

Diane

Dear Able,

“However, that being said, I still believe you’re experiencing heavy die-off symptoms simply because of what you’ve been doing leading up to this. I very seriously doubt that you’ve done anything at all that would cause the Candida to be worse. Let’s see how you feel after a few days off of the antifungals”.

“I would, however, continue to take some probiotics. I’m sorry, but I don’t remember if you’ve mentioned the count of probiotics you’re taking. If you’re taking more than one dose, you could cut it in half for this time period. The probiotics should help instead of bother your stomach”.

I am taking 12 million, I will take one a day for now.

“You mentioned long PMS difficulties; that makes sense actually. Candida can secrete additional estrogens in your body which would cause or contribute to estrogen overload, which in turn can cause increased and worse PMS symptoms”.

Oh my what a relief to have read this, it makes so much sense that that happens. However I did not for one moment think about my estrogen levels and the effect that die off could have on my estrogen. I suppose both candida and die off can effect pms troubles. My biggest problems before my diet were terrible pms so I guess during the healing/die off thats what I am to expect.

“I hope you have time tomorrow to let me know how you are. Speaking of tomorrow, from around 11 am and for the remainder of the day I’ll be away from the office (if I’m not mistaken, I believe that’s about 5 pm your time)”.

Yes I believe that we are 6 hours ahead of you, which means right now you are sleeping :). Its 8.51am here. Yes i am feeling much better, i am also hungry. Regime for today psyllium husk powder so that the toxins have something to hold on to. Another warm bath as hot as possible so that I perspire. A liver flush with pure ginger tea and a dash of lemon. Some goat yogurt, unfortunately I have no coconut bread. Have no idea what I am going to eat during the day.

Thats all for now, Able

Thank you

Diane

Able

Diane

Diane wrote: Dear Able,

Wow thats really weird, whilst I was writing this someone else called you an ANGEL.
    For some reason, I got it stuck in my head that your name is Michael. Obviously I have no idea what your name is and I dont expect you to tell me. The reason why I feel the need to call you Michael is maybe because Michael is my guardian angel.
    I was born on a Sunday and St. Michael is the guardian angel of all those born on a Sunday. Able you have been my guardian angel over the miles, you have shared very important information with me as will as guiding me through this very difficult and daunting period in my life. When I embarked on this journey, I did not quite realise how tough it would be. Happily, physically as well as physcologically, I am very strong. Having said that, I was not completely alone, you were there and for that I am extremely grateful. I am truly grateful, inspite of the distance, I could reach out and you always were/are ready to help.

THANK YOU THANK YOU

Diane

P.S i reposted this one because I posted twice, actually no three times, scroll up to find the other two.w

Thanks Ablea

Able900
    Spectator

Good evening, Diane.

Thank you for the post of gratitude. Of course, in no way whatsoever would I claim to be a guardian angle, as I am certain that I have one myself; I simply enjoy sharing knowledge that hopefully will benefit someone else.

Able900
    Spectator

Glad to hear you’re feeling better today, Diane, as well as hungry. I hope you were able to find something good and healthful to eat. Do you eat avocados? They make an excellent snack or even a healthy salad as a meal. Am I correct in thinking that they are available in the Netherlands?

Do you eat fish? I know we all are aware of the mercury content of fish now, but the fish that have lived a longer life have a much greater chance of accumulating mercury than younger fish. The smaller, younger fish, such as sardines and herring, are likely to be free of mercury accumulation. I use an internet company by the name of VitalChoice for supplying these two types of fish. http://www.vitalchoice.com/shop/pc/home.asp?gclid=CPbNv-C8_qkCFYrb4AodMza50Q This company sells only “seafood of consistent purity, as shown by government or independent tests.”

Also, the coconut bread can be a life saver for meals as well as the times that you simply don’t know what to eat. Always having boiled eggs on hand are another good and quick choice.

Have a good night.
    By the way, my name is Sean.

Diane

Hey Able or should I call you Sean,

I like your name even though you are not called Michael 🙂

Well you may not claim to be a guardian angel but you certainly are one to me 🙂

So yes, today it was really a good day, I got my energy back and my abdomen did not hurt at least not like it did yesterday.

Yes avocados are imported to the Netherlands and I happened to have one handy so I had a delicious salad with avocado, rucola from my own garden, garlic, olive oil and lemon, hmmmmmmmm delicious!! Music to my taste buds hehe!!

I took a look at the vitalchoice site and it certainly looks appealing. The organic store I buy from also has tins of fish caught sustainably or something like that. However I am not quite sure of the quality of the fish

I also managed to bake some coconut bread today and had two slices of butter with ghee also very tasty. So far so good.

Today I received all the vitamin supplements from iHerb i.e Viamin A, D, the calcium + zinc+ magnesium and the betaine HCI.

So I was wondering when should I actually start to take all these supplements? Right away or should I first be eating more than right now??

Thanks once again

Have a good evening

Warm regards

Diane

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Diane.

As far as when you should start the supplements, I’ll leave that up to you after you’ve read how to take them below, but I would at least start the Betain HCI after your next meal.

Here is how you should take the supplements that you have.

Calcium: Calcium dissolves quicker when taken with either milk lactate or vinegar. Since on a Candida diet you’re not drinking milk, the best choice would be to take one pill (always following a meal as food helps it to dissolve) with apple cider vinegar mixed in water or juice.

Vitamin A & D: These two vitamins are oil soluble, so you should take them following a meal which contains an average amount of oils or fats.

Betain HCI: There are various instructions on how to take this supplement, some of which are somewhat complicated and troublesome; I consider the instructions far too time consuming for me. The manufacturer’s instructions are to simply take one capsule after each meal.

If you’re interested in the more complicated instructions, you can read those here:
    http://www.modernherbalist.com/betaine.html These instructions emphasize knowing whether one has an acid or alkaline stomach, and therefore contain the following statement, “It is therefore unwise to jump to conclusions regarding what’s occurring in the stomach without actual testing.” However, anyone suffering from Candida can be certain that they do not have an acidic environment, otherwise, the Candida would not exist as an infestation, and a non-acidic environment simply means that the HCI supplement is needed.

The following instructions are much simpler. http://howto.whnlive.com/Betaine/

The foods that one normally would eat on a Candida diet (green vegetables) are alkalizing foods, even Stevia and sea salt will add to the alkalization of the body, whereas most of the foods that one should not be eating, like corn, rice, potatoes, flour and wheat products are acid forming, so the normal Candida diet, for the most part, is a more alkalizing diet than acidic. Of course, with Candida, as well as for good health, what one needs is a more acidic environment than what this diet allows because the only certain way to destroy the Candida fungus is by creating a more balanced acidic/alkaline environment, which means adding more acid forming foods or supplements to the diet. This is another reason (besides aiding the digestion) to take HCI, because in addition to being a digestive juice which breaks down proteins, it’s also a protective barrier against potentially harmful micro-organisms in the food we eat and produces acid in the stomach.

By the way, fortunately meats and most oils are acid forming, and this is also why one needs additional flora in the body since good bacteria will create a more acidic environment.

Glad to see you have the coconut bread standing by, Diane.
    Able

Able900
    Spectator

satine198 wrote: My candida rears it’s ugly head as a soreness in my gums and throat, and has a horrible taste in my gums and radiating from my esophagus and probably further. I also have been very foggy and have a feeling of highness every once in a while … I’ve been on a grain, dairy, sugar, starch, nightshade and ferment free diet for a week now. I have been drinking plenty of lemon, water, taking Jarrow probiotics in the morning and night, and 2 tabs of garlic three times a day. Im wary to take a multivitamin as I have read many contain candida friendly ingredients (like b?) Ive been trying to work out for 30 minutes a day even though I am sooooo tired and hungry. What is a good multi, and am I doing enough? I havent experienced any die off symptoms…..is this a good thing? I dont typically have any diet restrictions….when will, if ever, will I be able to eat normal again? I am such a foodie, and although I have been getting very creative (I will be posting my recipes) I can’t wait to stop being paleolithic!

Hello, Angie. Welcome to the Candida Diet forum.

A few things; I don’t know what toothpaste you’re using, but that’s one of the first things you probably need to stop. More than likely it contains a sugar alcohol that is feeding the Candida. If you want to, you could try and find a natural toothpaste that contains no sugar alcohols or other chemicals, or you can make your own safe toothpaste from baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Toothpaste The instructions call for a natural sweetener as well as peppermint oil, however, neither of these are necessary.

I wouldn’t advise anyone to take a multi-vitamin. Read the post that I have on July 8 about vitamin supplements.

What count (billions) and how many strains does the Jarrow probiotic contain?

In your post you typed, “I’m wary to take a multivitamin as I have read many contain candida friendly ingredients (like b?)…” Are you referring to B vitamins in the probiotic as being Candida friendly?

As far as when you’ll be able to eat normally again, that will depend mostly on you, therefore no one can answer that question for you.

You mentioned the foods that you’re not eating, can you list exactly what you are eating?

I would prefer to see a list of exactly what you’re eating on a daily or even semi-daily basis before I try to answer any other questions.

Able

satine198

Hi Able! Hi Diane!

Great suggestion on the toothpaste….I thought I’d thought of everything

My probiotics said they have 5 million and 8 strains. Yesterday i poured 2 out into about 1/2 a cup of milk to test them and put them in the fridge uncovered. It hasnt seemed to do much but form mini clumps that appear to be whatever starch is holding together….no real thickening or curdling like Ive seen or read about 🙁 seems to indicate more money down the drain.

Im now on the end of day 8, and my eating has been typically 2 hard boiled eggs as I walk out the door for work, some form of protein and vegetables for lunch……ive been alternating between fish chicken steak, lamb and turkey. Yesterday I got real creative and made a shepherds pie with mashed tzatziki turnips and cauliflower instead of potatoes and a cinnamon lamb. throuout the day ive been snacking on a mix i made of raw almonds, raw shelled pumpkin seeds, and unsweetened coconut chips. Ive been juicing occasionally with different greens. Also, raw nut butter and celery. I always feel hungry. I am also 95 pounds soaking wet.

Thank you!

satine198

Another thing that is really confusing is that I dont seem to have a stomach reaction to these foods. The only indication I have of my candida is from my teeth and throat. Its so hard to know what I can have and what I am intolerant of

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘THANK YOU’ is closed to new replies.