Thai Red Rice?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Thai Red Rice?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jcho101 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jcho101
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

Is this ok on the candida diet?

jcho101

Bump. Hey, I’m trying to find my can’t eats but my last three questions went unanswered including this one. I’ve read the list of both can’ts and don’ts but it is not a complete list. I just want to eliminate foods from the beginning of my diet so my journey is less frustrating and stressful. Any help or insight is much appreciated.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello jcho,

If you want the strict forum food list, email able900. It contains a strict set of foods to start out with and you can introduce more as you get better.

Red rice is one of the healthier types of rice that is out there. If you do eat rice, I recommend wild rice, red rice, and black rice over other types because they have greater nutritional properties and you likely haven’t had them before.

One problem with rice is that it’s sort of high on the glycemic index and its inflammatory:
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5752/2

And its best to avoid starch on the diet because it converts to sugar. Buckwheat is a great alternative that contains a lot less starch and is a prebiotic.

-raster

jcho101

Thank you for the reply. Rice was a staple of my diet prior to the infection, not eating it was already a drastic change. I will try not to consume it too often. Buckwheat seems interesting, I’ll give it a go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thai Red Rice?’ is closed to new replies.