Tests repeatedly negative but have most symptoms

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Tests repeatedly negative but have most symptoms

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  RyanW 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

NadJ
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi guys and gals,

I have just had the results in from a second Candida specific stool, urine and mouth swab test and to my major surprise it has returned as completely normal. I did the test at a point in time where I was suffering symptoms real bad and I even saw white dots (1 in 20 poos are like this) and mucus in my stools. But turns out this is not candida. As you can imagine, I’m slowly doubting the idea that I’m suffering a Candida overgrowth but at the same time I fear, once I’ve passed over the idea, there is absolutely nothing left for me to cling onto for hope. Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

The long story and background (if you’re interested):

Have a long history of stomach/bowel related issues working a bizarre on/off pattern and even a decade free from any ills. As a kid I used to get lots of belly cramps and drag my parents into and out of hospitals with nothing ever diagnosed. Fast forward to my 20s, I found I was unable to sit at a desk without undoing my trouser belt and sometimes even unbuttoning the top trouser button due to a sore waist line with a mind of its own. Yet the same trouser with the belt would be too loose when I was upright (I’m 5’11, 170 lbs – and have been this weight for the last 10 years).

Towards the end of my 20s and into my 30s, I was heavily bloated after half my meals but bizarrely no gas ever passed as a result of the bloating. Then from age 35 until now at age 37, the latest manifestation of my problems is extreme flatulence (usually not smelly at all) after almost every meal, snack or even drink of water. Even after fasting for 12 hours and having a drink of water, I could easily just sit there for half an hour blowing off with 1 fart every couple of minutes. Opposite to where I was in my mid 20s to 30s, I no longer feel bloated or sore. There is no pain or discomfort, just the gas passing through.

2 years ago, I got my stools and urine tested for every known intestinal/stomach bug parasite from a top UK Gastroenterologist. All negative. Tested for SIBO – negative, had a colon-jobby – negative. Bloods checked on average every 6 months since then, only thing ever reported is Cholesterol on the upper limit.

My symptoms right now are major sugar craving, extreme fatigue mornings mainly, feel like I’m constipated but when I finally go it’s long, thin and soft, flatulence all day long (loud and lengthy, again usually not smelly), a bit of brain fog and achy joints. I don’t however have any physical issues like skin, nail or hair problems. I was at some stage very certain it was Candida as I’ve had my share of antibiotics for tooth related issues at least 6 or 7 times in the last 20 years.

I have in fact been eating extremely healthy with reduced carbs, sugars and no dairy for around 2 years but I started a strict candida diet a month ago. Although, I’m only 1 month in, there is absolutely no change to my symptoms. I don’t even think I have had a proper die off. There was one day where I could feel tingling near my liver and an urgent craving for cake and that’s it.

Many thanks

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

Have you had your hormone levels tested? Some hormones (for example the thyroid and adrenal hormones) will affect the speed and health of your digestion.

If it’s not a bacterial/fungal overgrowth causing your problem, maybe it’s your hormones! That might explain the fatigue too.

NadJ
    Participant

Thanks. Interesting you say that. This is from my bloods last year:

https://imgur.com/a/Mg8kbuK

Shows THS, T4, on the low and the quack didn’t comment on it at all (also had Vit D on the low side). But then bizarrely about 6 months ago, I got a call from my GP out of the blue to say I should go and get my Thyroid checked…this left me very confused.

Where, from here?

NadJ
    Participant

RyanW
    Participant
    Replies: 1

What does your tongue look like?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tests repeatedly negative but have most symptoms’ is closed to new replies.