Tests for stomachacids????

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tests for stomachacids????

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi guys,

I wonder if there is a serious test for how much stomach acid one has or not have.
    The symptoms are quite the same and when I asked my GP about it he said that one cant test it. I found that wirred. I did a morning bicarbonate test but I am not sure if I did it right and if its trutstworthy working. I didnt burp att all.

thanks for any pointers
    cheers
    Thomas

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

Hi, Thomas – I suspected low stomach acid after my digestive complaints got much worse with stomach acid blocking drugs. I purchased some betaine HCL, and took 200mg with 4mg Pepin combined with my protein meal. I had some benefit, so tried two capsules. The normal dose for someone with low stomach acid is three capsules, sometimes (much) more. If you get any burning or a heavy, full feeling in your stomach, you have reached your limit. Water and, in particular, some sodium bicarbonate will neutralise the HCL if you take too much. Other than that, Swedish Bitters are great …

Regards,
    Len

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

lmm wrote: Hi, Thomas – I suspected low stomach acid after my digestive complaints got much worse with stomach acid blocking drugs. I purchased some betaine HCL, and took 200mg with 4mg Pepin combined with my protein meal. I had some benefit, so tried two capsules. The normal dose for someone with low stomach acid is three capsules, sometimes (much) more. If you get any burning or a heavy, full feeling in your stomach, you have reached your limit. Water and, in particular, some sodium bicarbonate will neutralise the HCL if you take too much. Other than that, Swedish Bitters are great …

Regards,
    Len

Thank you Len! I will check it out!
    yours
    thomas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tests for stomachacids????’ is closed to new replies.