TESTOSTERONE and the Candida diet – does the testosterone eventually boost up afterwards?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions TESTOSTERONE and the Candida diet – does the testosterone eventually boost up afterwards?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nodoctor 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

I’m on the 15th week of the diet.
    I think Candida has had a cumulative negative effect on my testosterone levels.

I am wondering if the testosterone eventually gets boosted after successful treatment, or is it permanently damaged? Or, are supplements recommended to help boost it?

After 15 weeks I am feeling better. I can slowly see my health returning and there are some good little signs. For the past few months my gums bled when I brushed my teeth but now thats stopped now for a few weeks. And I had an underlying cough that never seemed to go away. Thats gone now. I have a little more physical strength and energy. Slow progress, but progress nonetheless.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Are you referring to libido vs. testosterone? Why are you focusing on this one hormone?

-raster

Bansaw
    Participant

Before the diet my testosterone was low but my libido was on the low side but OK. Now my libido has gone down. I also link testosterone somewhat to energy and physical strength and thats gone gone a bit too.
    I had testosterone test before the diet and they were on the low side. But I read somewhere that Candida might affect testosterone levels.

Funguynowfreefromfungi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I was told by one of my doctors that my testosterone was slightly low, so I made the decision to go out and buy something to boost it naturally. I purchased a product made by Sci Mx, called 17t, and it appears to be doing the business, my energy levels are up, my sex drive is up, and I’ve been back in the gym for a week.

Bansaw
    Participant

Funguynowfreefromfungi;50284 wrote: I was told by one of my doctors that my testosterone was slightly low, so I made the decision to go out and buy something to boost it naturally. I purchased a product made by Sci Mx, called 17t, and it appears to be doing the business, my energy levels are up, my sex drive is up, and I’ve been back in the gym for a week.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at that. At the moment I am taking Ashwaghanda and giving that a try. I’m always a bit wary of the effects on my kidney and liver. Someone did an ultrasound on me a couple of years ago and said that I have one kidney. Another ultrasound found that kidney further down apparently. So the jury’s out. I want to protect it if possible.

nodoctor
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 11

I’m interested in the yeast/testosterone connection. Of course, a blood or urine test is the right way to get a deeper feel for what might be deficient. I would agree Testosterone is probably the most important factor, and I have also been told that Yeast’s affects can lower testosterone. My guess is that the time of yeast issues would be a major factor. Many years may cause a permanently lowered testosterone level. Body builders use hcg, clomid and other strategies to jump start the HPTA system, but probably curing yeast as quickly as possible, and taking new measurements to track progress makes the most sense.

HRT in the meantime could be beneficial as well. Libido is a good indicator something is off, and testosterone is one of the possible factors.

Bansaw
    Participant

nodoctor;58742 wrote: I’m interested in the yeast/testosterone connection. …

With me, I had my Adrenal glands tested (adrenal stress test – saliva) and found that my adrenal glands were shot. I’d had bad adrenal fatigue. Adrenal glands also produce testosterone.
    My doctor put me on B-Vital to inc testosterone and adrenal support to get my adrenals going again. It takes many years to fatigue down your adrenal glands and it can take 6-24 months for adrenal treatment to get them back functioning well (rest, good diet, etc). Once the adrenals are pumping again, the testosterone will go up.

nodoctor

Adrenals release androgens, but the testes are primarily responsible for testosterone. FSH and LH as part of your HPTA are probably the biggest factor, but it’s a loop interrupted by the weakest link. When you say adrenals were shot, what evidence do you have, and what was the number? There are various strategies that can help understand what link isn’t firing, but it sounds like you’re taking a big leap there.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Interesting topic. A lot of people with candida seem to have impaired testosterone levels.

nodoctor

It’s too bad we don’t have more experts on this board with solid strategies and truly measurable data to back it up. I’ve looked at raster’s comments–some of which are marginally helpful, but I suspect there’s just no one with expertise in the yeast vs. testosterone realm–at least with any solid strategies (myself included). Perhaps one of our peers will get blood work, talk to a truly informed endocrinologist and enlighten the rest of us.

What I can say is that as I ignored my yeast and time went by my natural testosterone production declined, but certainly that correlation isn’t strong enough to prove any kind of causality.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TESTOSTERONE and the Candida diet – does the testosterone eventually boost up afterwards?’ is closed to new replies.