Testing new foods

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Testing new foods

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dusty
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 3

I am sure there is a bunch of posts about this already, sorry but i do have trouble finding particular posts sometimes
    I’ve been on the diet for over a month now- was following the general protocol on the website- not the strict protocol here- I wasn’t aware that items like coconut flour, oat bran ect have to be tested.
    I actually felt really awsome the one week i did’t consume bread make out of oat bran/buckwheat and didn’t have any eggs to eat for breakfast.

Basically for the purpose of testing i’m guessing i should return to just vegetables for now- with maybe some buckwheat and chicken for protein and carbs?
    I’ve noticed too i’ve been much more constipated since i started eating these untested grains/eggs again, and my mood went from pretty good to just awful- I was thinking it was possibly die off because i upped my dose of probiotics from 20 million to 40, but then i saw some posts about how most of you recommend over 100 million a day- so i am going to start with water keifer, once i acquire some keifer grains
    For testing is it basic elimination protocol? introduce 1 new food, eat several times in a day then wait 2-3 days to see if there’s any reaction?

At this point I am thinking it’s time to go to raster’s strict protocol- Anyways thanks in advance- I have found this to be a very helpful and welcoming forum

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Probiotics made me deathly ill when I took 15 billion (teenage to adult dosage). I have to take a kid-sized dose, people on this forum tried to tell me it was die-off, but that wasnt at all the case.

Eggs are extremely constipating.

High protein diets, like the Candida Diet (when meat is the base of the meal because carbs are cut out and not enough veggies balance out the total calories) tax the kidneys considerably.

Most people will find the common denominator with people who have been on this diet for years is a high protein diet.
    Its my personal opinion that it should not take years to heal this, probably more likely a year at most.

If we consider that the kidneys are responsible for toxin elimination, and now have the additional burden of a high protein diet, you can see where the resulting fatigue could potentially and likely lower the immune system which is responsible for naturally ridding the body of excess candida.

Just food for thought.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello dusty,

sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what to do. Keep in mind that more probiotics means more die-off.

-raster

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Testing new foods’ is closed to new replies.