Testimony of someone cured with S. Boulardii and enemas.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Testimony of someone cured with S. Boulardii and enemas.

This topic contains 40 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  kodaz2005 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #101575

    kodaz2005
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

    I really wonder what happened to all of these other people, other than dvjorge of course. You just can’t help wonder if some of them recovered or if they are still suffering.

    It is interesting reading your post from a year ago jorge, being that you were very encouraged with the results you were getting at the time.

    #101578

    jdib
    Member
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 23

    Quick question – can’t we take probiotics (as recommended by able) along with the s. boulardii?

    Jorge?

    #101585

    kodaz2005
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

    Jorge, If you think S. Boulardii & enemas can help us, why not just do S. Boulardii enemas?

    Have you tried S. Boulardii enemas?

    #101586

    Danny33
    Member
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

    I purchased SB from Vitamin Shoppe a few weeks ago. This supplement DOES NOT contain maltodextrin.
    It looks as if they changed the formula. I have not received any negative reactions from Jarrow SB and will continue to use it as long as they exclude Maltodextrin.

    #101632

    flailingWcandi
    Member
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

    I’m not a huge fan of METAGENIC’s brand but, they claim to be pharmaceutical quality and have several SB concoctions such as…..

    #101661

    garcia1184
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

    SB enemas have helped greatly but I’ve used jarrow’s version with MOS and I think the MOS may be feeding candida as I get a gassy fermented feel afterwards. It’s said oligosaccharides are sugars that will only feed the beneficial bacteria and suppress fungus. I’m not gonna take chances with sugars though. Has anyone tried the Nutricology brand? I researched it and found it has neither FOS, MOS, or maltodextrin: “Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, cellulose, magnesium stearate.” Also users claim it works great plus it’s cheap:

    http://www.amazon.com/Nutricology-Saccharomyces-Boulardii-Vegicaps-50-Count/dp/B0014TBTTW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364323238&sr=8-3&keywords=saccharomyces+boulardii

    http://www.seacoast.com/saccharomyces-boulardii/nutricology/50-vcaps/p8032

    #101689

    kodaz2005
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

    garcia1184;40164 wrote: SB enemas have helped greatly but I’ve used jarrow’s version with MOS and I think the MOS may be feeding candida as I get a gassy fermented feel afterwards. It’s said oligosaccharides are sugars that will only feed the beneficial bacteria and suppress fungus. I’m not gonna take chances with sugars though. Has anyone tried the Nutricology brand? I researched it and found it has neither FOS, MOS, or maltodextrin: “Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, cellulose, magnesium stearate.” Also users claim it works great plus it’s cheap:

    http://www.amazon.com/Nutricology-Saccharomyces-Boulardii-Vegicaps-50-Count/dp/B0014TBTTW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364323238&sr=8-3&keywords=saccharomyces+boulardii

    http://www.seacoast.com/saccharomyces-boulardii/nutricology/50-vcaps/p8032

    Garcia,

    I just ordered some and it’s arriving tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it works for me.

    I really spent a decent amount of time comparing the ingredients and pricing of each of these SB options before ordering. The product you purchased jarrow’s SB with Moss is much better buy for the money, but the maltodextrin is a sugar and that just worried me too much. Good to hear the SB enemas have provided some help. Maybe you just need to switch brands.

    The other thing people need to be careful with is, many of the companies selling this SB product claim it doesn’t require refrigeration. I personally wouldn’t purchase it from any company not keeping the product refrigerated. I actually purchased the Jarrow’s SB from Amazon a couple of years ago and they shipped in regular packaging with no ice pack. Maybe that’s why I didn’t get anything out of it.

    #101708

    mrs.candida
    Member
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

    I’ve been on Ortho S.boulardii for 8 days now. I dare say it could have be one of the best things I’ve done in my treatment recently. I have SOOOO much energy, and I’m sleeping through the night! Goodbye Adrenal fatigue (knock on wood)!
    The only side effect I have is extremely dry & itchy skin, especially around my torso. I was using coconut oil, but it wasn’t doing much. The past couple of nights (because the itching is worse when I try to fall asleep) I did a caster oil pack and it really helped. Has anyone every tried caster oil packs?

    #101713

    garcia1184
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

    kodaz2005;40192 wrote:
    Garcia,

    I just ordered some and it’s arriving tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it works for me.

    I really spent a decent amount of time comparing the ingredients and pricing of each of these SB options before ordering. The product you purchased jarrow’s SB with Moss is much better buy for the money, but the maltodextrin is a sugar and that just worried me too much. Good to hear the SB enemas have provided some help. Maybe you just need to switch brands.

    The other thing people need to be careful with is, many of the companies selling this SB product claim it doesn’t require refrigeration. I personally wouldn’t purchase it from any company not keeping the product refrigerated. I actually purchased the Jarrow’s SB from Amazon a couple of years ago and they shipped in regular packaging with no ice pack. Maybe that’s why I didn’t get anything out of it.

    That is awesome news it will be great to hear how it works out for you.

    Did you get the Nutricology brand? If so I just bought it as well and it will be here thursday for me so I’m pretty amped about that too. Yes Jarrow did a switcheroo and reformulated their products taking out the maltodextrin it’s funny how they never really broadcasted that, I’m sure it’s related to profit risk. MOS is a sugar as well though so the Jarrow altogether is still a no go for me.

    Yea I read on another site that “short term heat exposure” for SB is acceptable but there’s no telling how long when it’s being shipped so they should definitely at least keep it stored with an ice-pack for customer assurance. Which brand did you use, and you said it had absolutely no effect?

    #101732

    kodaz2005
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

    Garcia,

    yea the one I bought previously was the exact same one you bought recently. It was the Jarrow’s brand with Moss. Who knows maybe it wasn’t the lack of refrigeration that caused the problem and maybe it was because the damn product actually has sugar in it.

    Are you planning on stopping all natural anti-fungals and any other probiotics you are taking now when you start the SB? I’m a little torn in this part of it. I would tend to doubt natural anti-fungals like Rutabaga & Brussell Sprouts would hurt it, especially if appropriate time is left in between. I’m wondering if it’s better to maybe keep the anti-fungals in the first half of the day and do the SB later in the day leaving a good amount of time before and after taking SB. What are you thinking regarding this?

    #101733

    kodaz2005
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

    mrs.candida;40211 wrote: I’ve been on Ortho S.boulardii for 8 days now. I dare say it could have be one of the best things I’ve done in my treatment recently. I have SOOOO much energy, and I’m sleeping through the night! Goodbye Adrenal fatigue (knock on wood)!
    The only side effect I have is extremely dry & itchy skin, especially around my torso. I was using coconut oil, but it wasn’t doing much. The past couple of nights (because the itching is worse when I try to fall asleep) I did a caster oil pack and it really helped. Has anyone every tried caster oil packs?

    Hi Mrs Candida,

    I’m happy to hear this is working for you. Would you mind telling us if you have dropped all natural anti-fungals such as food based items including Garlic from your diet? What about other probiotics, have you dropped these as well?

    thanks for your insight.

    #101756

    lmm
    Member
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

    #101759

    lmm
    Member
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

    The other thing people need to be careful with is, many of the companies selling this SB product claim it doesn’t require refrigeration. I personally wouldn’t purchase it from any company not keeping the product refrigerated. I actually purchased the Jarrow’s SB from Amazon a couple of years ago and they shipped in regular packaging with no ice pack. Maybe that’s why I didn’t get anything out of it.

    Hi Kodaz2005 – I’ve not heard of the need to refridgerate SB. Mine is sitting in the cupboard at home! Is this a hunch or the result of your research?

    Misscandida: great news! Keep us informed. It’s exciting.

    Re: mixing with anti-fungals, there seems to be little knowledge about this. But if you should avoid any or all of them, then I fail to see how taking them some time after the SB will prevent killing it. I hope this is inaccurate: I simply can’t throw swede out; it’s my staple (1kg per night!).

    Len

    #101761

    kodaz2005
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

    lmm;40262 wrote:

    The other thing people need to be careful with is, many of the companies selling this SB product claim it doesn’t require refrigeration. I personally wouldn’t purchase it from any company not keeping the product refrigerated. I actually purchased the Jarrow’s SB from Amazon a couple of years ago and they shipped in regular packaging with no ice pack. Maybe that’s why I didn’t get anything out of it.

    Hi Kodaz2005 – I’ve not heard of the need to refridgerate SB. Mine is sitting in the cupboard at home! Is this a hunch or the result of your research?

    Misscandida: great news! Keep us informed. It’s exciting.

    Re: mixing with anti-fungals, there seems to be little knowledge about this. But if you should avoid any or all of them, then I fail to see how taking them some time after the SB will prevent killing it. I hope this is inaccurate: I simply can’t throw swede out; it’s my staple (1kg per night!).

    Len

    Hi Len,

    I stopped at Whole foods to buy my SB and they had their SB product in the fridge. I didn’t buy their SB because it was the Jarrow’s brand with Moss which I had heard bad things about and linked their ingredients to sugar.

    I bought the nutricology brand. They state the product needs to be refrigerated. As far as I know every probiotic I have seen or purchased required refrigeration. My feeling is why take any risk. All of us have been through enough as it is and clearly there appears to at least be a risk it could spoil.

    http://www.vitacost.com/nutricology-saccharomyces-boulardii-50-capsules

    Re: mixing anti fungals. I’m not sure if you mixed your words up, but your statement is confusing. My point is I’m pondering NOT avoiding the natural anti-fungals and then leaving a good amount of time in between to take the SB probiotic yeast. This is the same concept that is part of the protocol and diet on the forum. You take the Anti-fungals and natural Anti-fungal foods and take probiotics like Kefir at least 3 hours after it.

    #101769

    garcia1184
    Member
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

    kodaz2005;40235 wrote: Garcia,

    yea the one I bought previously was the exact same one you bought recently. It was the Jarrow’s brand with Moss. Who knows maybe it wasn’t the lack of refrigeration that caused the problem and maybe it was because the damn product actually has sugar in it.

    Are you planning on stopping all natural anti-fungals and any other probiotics you are taking now when you start the SB? I’m a little torn in this part of it. I would tend to doubt natural anti-fungals like Rutabaga & Brussell Sprouts would hurt it, especially if appropriate time is left in between. I’m wondering if it’s better to maybe keep the anti-fungals in the first half of the day and do the SB later in the day leaving a good amount of time before and after taking SB. What are you thinking regarding this?

    yea you would think these Jarrow guys wouldn’t put any type of sugar in the form of saccharide or dextrin in seeing how nearly all sugars lead to glucose as an end product, but the geniuses still managed to include it.

    though I’ve heard conflicting arguments on how taking antifungals and probiotics at the same time would have a cancelling effect, from what I’ve read they are actually synergistic and cause chronic die-off if used close together so you have the right idea taking them far apart in the day as it states at least 3 hours apart:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/when-take-antifungals.htm

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/probiotics-and-antifungals.htm

    right now the only antifungal I take regularly is coconut oil. you should slowly increase with your antifungals while on the probiotics and closely monitor your bodily reactions to be safe. taking them both spread within the day is definitely a solid approach. did your SB come in today?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Testimony of someone cured with S. Boulardii and enemas.’ is closed to new replies.