Testimonies of Success

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Testimonies of Success

This topic contains 33 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  LifeReboot 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

There are the dozens of success and note-worthy milestones along the path to a symptom-free state supplied wiht the protocol that’s available by request.
    Sean

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

What is success? This is what I was thinking about.
    How many feel they cured candida and are on a regular diet?

How many feel they cured candida but are still on a somewhat strict diet?

How many feel they cured candida but not really…….

I look at it as a permanent lifestyle change. And the idea that you will fully cure candida and be able to eat pasta, burgers, and mashed potatoes …mushrooms weekly is like winning the lottery…maybe 1-5% of the people who try?

So with that said, I wonder if we have to end up changing our diet for the long haul anyways, why not test more foods that are mentioned on the forum diet If your symptoms are not there. With probiotics, anti-fungals and a no sugar/processed food diet, you still going to starve and fight candida. And for those few, who still can’t rid of the symptoms of candida infestation, then go on a stricter diet.
    For me one of the biggest issues of candida was my stomach and digestion. That issue is gone. So even though I know If I cheat the candida it will come back, This is a success story onto itself. But is it really a success in that I still have to maintain a strict diet.

I know I cannot eat cured meat, the only major setback I have had on this diet was when I ate corned beef. I woke up with my stomach issues. I know down the road, like Raster I will be able to eat some corned beef and not feel sick but what about left overs? What about a burger the next day? I have since had lamb and beef uncured with no reactions.

So what is success? How many have cured candida and are still able to eat somewhat healthy but add sugars back to their diet. Hell healthy sugars like honey and starches like pasta and potatoes.

I don’t see the need to suffer now with a raw veggie diet and no red meat when in fact I can accomplish the same goals with less strict diet that I will have to maintain for the remainder of my life anyways.

I don’t know for sure but it’s something I have been thinking about a lot.
    What is your definition of success?

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

Able, I think this topic is better suited on the candida stories section. It would stick around longer and more people would be able to see it for inspiration.

Chris24

Marbro wrote: What is success? This is what I was thinking about.

I don’t know for sure but it’s something I have been thinking about a lot.
    What is your definition of success?

I have been thinking about this a lot aswell. I think I belong to the pessimists. As my view is now, you’re not cured if you still cant eat a ‘normal’ diet for a couple of days in a row. I’m not cured until I can just eat bread, white flower, potatoes, pasta, strawberry jelly, peanutbutter, chocolate at least a couple times a week without feeling trouble. Even some icecream, cake, french fries once a week should be fine. I see people around me eating so much shit, and they are so happy and energetic. I’m cured when I no longer have to worry about candida. That said, I will never go back to the selfdestructive eating and drinking that caused my candida.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Hi Able,

Many of these success stories are thanks to you, including your own as you tested most of the stuff you teach us on yourself first. Thank you for being our guinea 🙂 I cannot express how thankful I am that I “meat” you on this forum and was able to use your knowledge in getting myself better.

I would also like to add my own story to this thread. About two weeks ago I wanted to write my update which would have “It’s a wonderful world” soundtrack in the background, but I fell ill with my second die-off (ah that rutabaga!) so I gave up on it. This post now gave me motivation to write it after all.

I started the diet on January 26th after I got a test result of my stool sample showing candida. As I did not have access to molybdenum amino acid chelate, I lived through two pretty bad die-off episodes since then. One lasted about a week and the second 5 days but more intense. In between two die-offs, I had some die-off symptoms every day but not that intense. I must say that after first die-off I felt much better and most of the symptoms got much much better. I even felt like I am getting some energy back. During the second die-off, some of the symptoms were more intense (or you could say they came back) and I was bed ridden for days thinking that this is the end of me for sure. But after that second die-off was gone I don’t have any dizziness any longer (which was my worst symptom I suffered from since October), I feel so much better overall, I can finally laugh and play with my kids again (bad mood is pretty much gone), I can think clearly, I can even remember stuff (and I thought the age caught up with me), my skin problem on my legs and hands is gone, my tongue is pink (yay!), my digestion improved tremendously, BM almost normal, and I have healthy toenails growing on my big toes! Since last summer all I wanted to accomplish is survive one more day, but now I want to live and laugh and be my old happy self again.

I know I am not cured yet, there is a lot more work to be done here, but if I have to live the rest of my life like this and feel like this, I will be happy. I was so ill that I was sure I have cancer and will die in few months tops. It feels like I was asleep for a long time and finally woke up after a bad dream.

Yes, smell of bakery sometimes gets me, or smell of a good coffee which I quit November last year, but I don’t really miss other food that much. The only thing I do miss is fruit but this will change after I am cured. Other things I may never go into again. I like eating veggies and I am getting creative in cooking again, figuring out how to make something strictly from allowed items. When candida got me, my diet did not change for worse because I like eating junk, but because I was too busy caring for everyone else and forgot myself. Before having kids, I was eating very similar to this diet with exception of morning cereal and more meat than on current phase. I also drank home made kefir daily.

This treatment made me realize that I’ve been forgetting myself for way too long and that it’s time to take care of myself for a change. I must say that it just feels great. I am doing it for myself and for my kids. It is so much better to live and laugh with them then be sick and moody all the time.

And here is that background music to listen while you read my post 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TB1x67Do5U&ob=av3e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVINxpjdfE0

Wishing good luck to everyone out there struggling with candida and I hope we all can improve our health and feel great forever! I am also very thankful to everyone helping us newbies on this forum and slowly getting us healthy again!

Arijana

Marbro

Chris24 wrote: I’m cured when I no longer have to worry about candida. That said, I will never go back to the selfdestructive eating and drinking that caused my candida.

Exactly!

Able listed 4 folks who have cured candida, I wonder what their diet is today?

I dont ever see my self going back to processed foods but I do want to go back to natural sugars, like in fruits, honey, and from starches such as potatoes without worring about geting candida again. Im not talking about just once a week, Im talking about being able to eat fruits and other Natural foods everyday without worry.

That to me is a cure.

Able900
    Spectator

Marbro wrote: What is success? This is what I was thinking about.

Marbro, for me to answer your quiz above, I’d have to ask what do you consider a “regular diet” to be? For me, a regular diet is enjoying every single meal I eat without feeling that my diet was restricted, and being restricted would mean doing without a food I would love to have but can’t.
    That’s not the case with me any longer, yes it was once, but I can say with honestly that I no longer feel restricted in what I’m eating and enjoying.

It’s true that I eat an extremely limited amount of sugar, and much lower amounts than the normal American diet contains, however, I don’t miss this as my body has adapted to existing without it. I’ve had an allergy to wheat for more years that I can remember, so I tried not to eat this very often before the Candida hit, so I definitely do not miss this. There’s literally nothing that I want but will not eat at this point. So in my opinion, I have been successful at fighting and curing the Candida overgrowth.

I believe that continued success is an option where this illness is concerned. You can cure your infestation “completely” but if you go back to eating sugar at every meal and having it for every snack all day long and avoiding health-building foods in your diet, then how can one expect anything other than being unhealthy and probably having another Candida infestation?

Having Candida once and curing it does not make one immune to the possibility of having it again.

I keep mentioning the flu because it’s a good analogy; if you have the flu just one time and cure it, are you immune to having it again? It’s the same principal with Candida infestations. We’re normally more careful about catching the flu after we’ve cured it, what’s wrong with taking the same precautions after curing a Candida infestation?

Able

Able900
    Spectator

Chris24 wrote: I’m cured when I no longer have to worry about candida. That said, I will never go back to the selfdestructive eating and drinking that caused my candida.

That’s interesting, Chris. When you have the flu and get over it, do you never worry about getting it again? Would you spend time in a room with a person who has the flu, yet never worry about the possibility of catching it? If you tell me that it’s not the same thing, I’m afraid I’ll have ask you to explain why it isn’t if you would.

I’ve said it before, people expect more from their Candida cure than they do a common cold cure. I just can’t figure out why.

PS: I was however glad to see you add that second sentence to the quote.

Able

Chris24

Able900 wrote:

I’m cured when I no longer have to worry about candida. That said, I will never go back to the selfdestructive eating and drinking that caused my candida.

That’s interesting, Chris. When you have the flu and get over it, do you never worry about getting it again? Would you spend time in a room with a person who has the flu, yet never worry about the possibility of catching it? If you tell me that it’s not the same thing, I’m afraid I’ll have ask you to explain why it isn’t if you would.

I’ve said it before, people expect more from their Candida cure than they do a common cold cure. I just can’t figure out why.

PS: I was however glad to see you add that second sentence to the quote.

Able

Okay,
    For me, the flu analogy does not work. Flu’s come and go, everyone gets it once in a while, and usually you don’t know what caused it. So I don’t worry about it. It actually feels kind of right just taking it easy for a view days when my body and mind calls for it. If I get the flu, its often a sign that im too stressed or already not so healthy.

Candida is different in some big ways:
    – you have to deal with it every day, for many years in some people.
    – Its a chronic debilitating disease.
    – Only a limited amount of people have to deal with it. Meaning there is something that went different in these people, as opposed to other people eating even worse junk food without problems.
    – The causes are pretty clear. And we can point to what went wrong and solve it, so it does not happen again.

Now this last point is what we are talking about. As you know, Candida does not fall out of the sky. It starts with internal weakness, wether caused by mercury, stress, depression or antibiotics. It is here when the bad diet really hits and causes this constant unbalance to get out of hand physically. The candida albicans takes over.

With me, the combination of depression, chronic stress and bad diet and too much alcohol caused the candida. This is why I’m cleaning up the mess now. I need to recover. Now if I dont want to get candida again, I need to change. You tend to focus solely on diet. My opinion is different, because what happens when we feel sad, worried or stressed is that our digestion goes down, our appetite goes down, and we can can actually feel the nagging in our stomachs. Not a surprise when you realize that 90% of serotonin is located in the GI tract, and that for this reason antidepressants are being used for chronic conditions in the gut. Our thoughts can quite literally poison us. This should not be underestimated.

So, what it comes down to for me is this: the reasons for my candida are not bad diet per se, but rather the psychological issues that caused that excessive eating and destructive behaviour. If I want to avoid a candida outbreak in the future, I need to fix the underlining problems that cause bad diet to go really wrong, to be more happy and without worries, so that in the future a ‘normal’ diet will not cause me trouble, and I will be the same as other people. Happy, awake and careless, enjoying life. With cake on occasion.

That said, the candida makes it really hard to make that change. Therefore the diet and protocol is crucial to get better so one gets a chance to improve ones lifestyle.

Thoughts?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Now this last point is what we are talking about. As you know, Candida does not fall out of the sky. It starts with internal weakness, wether caused by mercury, stress, depression or antibiotics. It is here when the bad diet really hits and causes this constant unbalance to get out of hand physically. The candida albicans takes over.

With me, the combination of depression, chronic stress and bad diet and too much alcohol caused the candida. This is why I’m cleaning up the mess now. I need to recover. Now if I dont want to get candida again, I need to change. You tend to focus solely on diet. My opinion is different, because what happens when we feel sad, worried or stressed is that our digestion goes down, our appetite goes down, and we can can actually feel the nagging in our stomachs. Not a surprise when you realize that 90% of serotonin is located in the GI tract, and that for this reason antidepressants are being used for chronic conditions in the gut. Our thoughts can quite literally poison us. This should not be underestimate.

*************************************************************************************

These words are very well said. The diet has influence but if you have toxicity, stress, take antibiotics, have a very loaded immune system with parasites, chronic viruses, h.pylori, allergies, even if you eat the best diet in this world, candida will growth.
    There are millions eating a bad diet enjoying a good health even when I am aware what a bad diet causes.
    Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator

Chris24 wrote: You tend to focus solely on diet.

Wrong.

Obviously I’ve treated and taken care of everything named below during my Candida journey to a cure, a “complete cure” which for me had to involve all aspects of health including everything Jorge named and more. Also obviously, I continue today to use a well-crafted-maintenance health plan which I think we all know is necessary if we are to remain in a completely healthy state. Otherwise, I would not be enjoying the complete sense of health that I am now experiencing.

Jorge’s List: “toxicity, stress, antibiotics, have a very loaded immune system with parasites, chronic viruses, h.pylori, allergies

Able

Hy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 59

I needed, like whoa, to read these success stories today. 10.5 weeks now into the diet, and I’m still having die off symptoms, though they are not nearly what they were when I started. I’m just at that point where I’m starting to thinking, oh, hey, it would be so nice to function at full capacity again! BUT I am SO thankful to God for the healing I’ve experienced, and I’m so thankful for you guys sharing your protocol and stories and also your time. You guys rock!

Marbro

I am not 100 % sold on the strict diet outlined in these forums because I believe that a less strict diet will get most folks to the same goal. That said, I am sold that this diet outlined in this forum if followed properly will indeed rid you of candida quicker than most if not all out there. And is the safer way to go for those concerned with allergies and what not.

that I suppose is a success all onto itself.

I guess for me the real success story is coming face to face with my problem and that isnt just candida but how I eat and live my life. Changing that for the better is the big success story for me. As I mentioned before I had major stomach issues and it was taking its toll on my daily life. It’s not like I didnt have other issues its just that dominated my life. Waking up everyday without that has really shown me that I am on the right path. For that I am greatfull and even though I may not be able to injoy sugar coated fried bread like I used to I have found new wonderful things to injoy. Such as Kefir smoothies 🙂

I want to thank the folks on these forums for taking the time out of their lives to help so many who come here. Thank you.

Able900
    Spectator

Marbro wrote: Able listed 4 folks who have cured candida, I wonder what their diet is today?

I’ve been Candida free for over six months as I’ve mentioned before, and as several have already stated, I also plan to eat as healthy a diet as I can while continuing to enjoy the experience of eating out with friends, large business luncheons, cookouts, and holiday feasts without the fear of the infestation reappearing. Below is a typical work-day-diet, and is exactly what I’ve eaten today.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 bag of millet & flax chips, one cup of Greek yogurt, large glass of homemade kefir, 1 cup of regular coffee.
    NOTE: about millet & flax chips: 1/2 bag of the chips contain 33 grams of carbohydrates, so I do not recommended these if you’re still on the diet. 1/2 bag also contains 24 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein.

And as far as coffee goes, at this point I’m drinking Folgers coffee with caffeine, and I always add Coffee Mate French Vanilla Non-Dairy Creamer and Stevia. Yes that’s right, I drink coffee like a 12 year old (Lucy).

Midmorning snack: (1) Granny Smith apple, 1/2 bag millet & flax chips, water (sometimes coffee).

Lunch: I go out to eat 4 or 5 times a week as I’m usually working out of the office in a large city with lots of restaurants within walking distance of the building. Today’s meal consisted of:
    Fried chicken
    sweet potato
    green beans
    salad
    An appetizer of jalapeno poppers (6)
    If I don’t have jalapeno peppers during the day at some point, I try to have them as my late night snack because I consider these to be my only maintenance antifungal. Plain jalapeno peppers with the flax/millet chips are the perfect snack anytime, night or day.

I usually drink water for lunch but occasionally if I have a taste for tea, I’ll drink it.
    Several times a week I’ll substitute chicken or fish with some form of dried beans as the protein source. I eat red meat very seldom, and I’ve never eaten pork very often anyway so I see no reason to change that now.

Afternoon snack: 1/2 bag of millet & flax chips with pimento cheese spread.

Evening meal: Tonight I had some left-over homemade chili made with lots of light and dark kidney beans, ground beef, green and red peppers, onions, tomatoes and tomato sauce, various herbs including chili powder, and a huge salad. The millet & flax chips were eaten in place of the normal corn chips.

Late night snack: I usually have a large bowl of Greek yogurt with blueberries and/or coconut manna, and this is probably what I’ll have tonight.

This is a pretty typical day for me right now, other than alternating fish and chicken with dried beans and eating various other vegetables for lunch and dinner. Later in the spring I’ll start grilling out all weekend long, from Friday evening til Sunday night. We usually grill chicken, all types of fresh-caught fish, bacon-wrapped quail, and of course the occasional burgers, ribeye or T-bone, as well as various grilled vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus and eggplant.

So help me out here, does anyone think, after six months of being cured, that I’m suffering from a lack of good and tasty food, and am I missing out on anything of great value as far as health?

Able

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Man! That’s pretty crazy! Exciting! 🙂 The only thing I don’t think I’ll ever go back to (maybe) is coffee! That was torture going off that, and I only had two cups in the morning!! But all the rest you shared sounds awesome!

I just mapped out my calendar…it’s depressing!! I’ve only been going for 3.5 weeks and tonight it felt like FOREVER!!

But glad you are doing well! Thanks again for the encouragement! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Testimonies of Success’ is closed to new replies.