Relapse!… not sure what to do next..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Relapse!… not sure what to do next..

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jake 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jake
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 12

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to follow the diet for the last 2 months, and after a violent die-off lasting about 3 weeks, i was making progress but still suffering from my old friend fatigue, really powerful, almost asphyxiating fatigue where I can no longer think properly or have the energy to do anything. This usually hits me in the afternoon.

I had read a thread on here where Able900 and Raster advised a guy in a similar position to me, to try digestive enzymes and start eating 1 granny smith apple per day (half in morning, half evening).

I have tried this and whilst I think the enzymes may have helped.. its hard to tell now because the 1 Granny Smith apple per day caused my die-off symptoms to return (bad skin, itchy rash).

I now feel i am back to square one with heavy limbs and no energy. I probably ate 5-6 apples in total over 1 week.

Brief history:

– I’m 30 years old, male.
    – whilst travelling to south east asia in 2013, fell ill. Self medicated with antibiotics. Suspected parasites, took over-the-counter medicine in indonesia – no idea what was in it!
    -Took more prescription strong anti-parasitic medicine same year while in New Zealand.
    -Plagued with very bad IBS symptoms ever since and have cut out all dairy + wheat since 2014.
    -Visited Gastroenterologist in 2015, did all the scopes, they only found ‘mild irritation’, ‘its probably placebo’ they said.
    – over the last 5 years I have gotten the IBS symptoms under control with strong (expensive) probiotics and diet. The trouble is, this condition has progressively caused me to become extremely fatigued in the afternoon, with particularly bad ‘brain fog’ ( i slur words, forget peoples names etc).
    -Candida diet seemed like the answer!

Diet:

– 2 eggs+ avocado breakfast
    – Lunch: large green salad with avacado and turkey or similar.
    – Dinner: chicken or fish + allowed veggies.

I eat 1 coconut bread loaf per three days (i spread coconut oil on when I have a slice).

Supplements:

-Vitaman C 1000mg x2
    -Solgar digetive enzymes X3 with each meal.
    -Milk Thistle X2
    -Optibac ‘Extra Strength’ Probiotics. X1-2
    -Acetyl L-carnatine 250mg X1

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d get better enzymes and probiotic and maybe try out sf722. The diet needs vast improvement. You are experiencing histamine intolerance symptoms so I would address that so you can eat more freely. The symptoms from the apple are histamine symptoms.

You’re going to need a better protocol to get better in the long run though, this is just piece meal level protocol, similar to when I started.

1 user thanked author for this post.

jake
    Participant

I’d get better enzymes and probiotic and maybe try out sf722. The diet needs vast improvement. You are experiencing histamine intolerance symptoms so I would address that so you can eat more freely. The symptoms from the apple are histamine symptoms.
    You’re going to need a better protocol to get better in the long run though, this is just piece meal level protocol, similar to when I started.

raster
    thanks for the reply, i’ve read many of your posts on here, you (along with able) seem to have a well-rounded, rational approach and I really appreciate the way you spend a lot of time helping others on here.

Regarding the possible histamine intolerance – I apologise, I wasnt very clear in my post about my reaction to the apples: It wasn’t so much a general bad skin, itchy etc. What I meant was, it was the EXACT symptoms from my ‘die-off’ 1 month earlier (itchy thighs/midriff, dandruff, cracked lips, weakness).
    Do you still think there could be a histamine intolerance at play here?

With the diet/protocol, can you briefly expand on a possible path for me to take here? I have read things like this:
    https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/candida-treatment-protocol-20/
    But, i’m coming at it from a slightly different angle, i’m already on quite a restricted diet and have a dependance on probiotics (without which the IBS symptoms flare up).. so my approach will no doubt have to be a bit different.. ?

Supplements:

I will try out the sf722 and also try to get hold of some Molybdenum.

Which digestive enzymes would you recommend ??(I thought Solgar where fairly highly regarded).

The Optibac Extra strength probiotics I am taking seem to suit me, I found them after trying a LOT of different brands over the past 5 years. I was recently was talking to a pharmacist about the brand and she informed me that Optibac do a lot more clinical trials than others.

https://www.optibacprobiotics.co.uk/scientific-research/for-every-day-extra-strength-research

jake
    Participant

Just an update in case anyone reads this:

Flax seed was making me very ill, i was eating too much (1/2 cup per day). Must have developed an intolerance to it.

IBS bloating and cramping had returned (probably inflamed my whole digestive system with the flax seed) I noticed I was particularly ill after cauliflower. Using the Monash FODMAP app I found they contain high levels of the Polyol; Sorbitol. So I dont absorb Polyols well. This led me to check the other foods I was eating for Polyols; lo and behold my cherished avocados also ranked highly so I stopped eating them.

I started Molybdenum 450mg, Solgar Wild Origano Oil 105mg (6 caps), Allicin 1080mg, (continued my probiotics and vitC)

Was feeling much better.. almost ‘normal’. plenty of exercise. Plenty of water (2 litres per day). No more caffeine.

But today i suddenly cant walk up the stairs again!
    The only thing that has changed this week is my coconut bread intake that has been steadily increasing (up to 1/2 a loaf per day). I have a real tendency to gorge on ‘allowed’ foods like nuts or coconut products. I think I need a bit more discipline in that regard. I will update this thread if i return to normal with 2 slices per day.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone in my situation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Relapse!… not sure what to do next..’ is closed to new replies.