Terrible Thrush

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Terrible Thrush

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

leahjo30
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I’m new to candida and new to the forum. This is my third occurrence of thrush. The first 2 times were cleared up with Nystatin. This time, which is now going on over a month, is completely resistant to treatment (diflucan for 3 weeks, Nystatin for 4.5 weeks). I’m very very frustrated and seem to be getting no where with the medical profession – next up a ENT doctor. Today I had a Physicians Assistant tell me to go back to my normal diet as I’ve lost 18 lbs in 3 weeks by eating no sugar (and being heavily depressed and miserable over the holidays). I don’t have any of the other typical candida symptoms that I find burdensome but my thrush is horrible – I even have lesions on the back of my throat and far back on my tongue. I’m miserable and need help. I understand that there is likely a systematic candida infection going on and I’m being tested next week to be sure. Is there anyone out here that has dealt with thrush this bad and if so is there any advice you can provide? I need to get it semi under control as I continue to work on my whole body. Thank you!!!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

For short term relief I would consider trying out oil pulling.

For long term relief you are going to reverse what is going on in the gut. You are going to need to increase the levels of beneficial gut flora and decrease the levels of the bad gut flora.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Baker Yeast directly on the tongue>

Jorge.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I second what they said. I say use both, oil pulling in the morning and bakers yeast in the afternoon and before bed. Taking bakers yeast orally is supposed to work like s boulardii at eliminating the bad gut bugs too. I believe Jorge has used it this way, if he recommends it, its a good cheap way to start treating the gut overgrowth.

leahjo30
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

dvjorge;52876 wrote: Baker Yeast directly on the tongue>

Jorge.

Hi Jorge – I’m confused as I thought all forms of yeast were off limits when fighting candida? What makes Bakers Yeast ok for thrush? And how would I take it?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can used yeasts to fight yeast…bakers yeast preys on candida. You should only not have yeast if you are allergic to it.

-raster

dvjorge
    Participant

leahjo30;52882 wrote:

Baker Yeast directly on the tongue>

Jorge.

Hi Jorge – I’m confused as I thought all forms of yeast were off limits when fighting candida? What makes Bakers Yeast ok for thrush? And how would I take it?

Treatment of oral candidiasis (thrush) by
    Saccharomyces cerevisiae

Faculty of Medical Technology, Misurata University, Misalata, Libya.
    Faculty of Science, Misurata University, Misalata, Libya.
    3Department of Dentistry, Al Tawfiq Polyclinic, AlKhoms, Libya.
    Faculty of Science, Misurata University, AlKhoms, Libya.
    5Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Suk Al Khamees General Hospital, Suk Al Khamees, Libya.
    Almadina Medical Laboratory, AlKhoms, Libya.

Accepted 17 March, 2011

Oral candidiasis is a fungal disease caused by Candida albicans. Saccharomyces cerevisiae is a
    probiotic often used as dietary supplements and in food preparation. In this study, we explored the
    treatment modality of S. cerevisiae on oral candidiasis in 15 patients belonging to verum group (n = 10)
    and placebo group (n = 5). All 10 patients in verum group have recovered from the oral candidiasis in 2
    to 3 days whereas in the placebo group, it was a minimum of 12 days. Two patients from the verum
    group did not respond to antifungal treatment with miconazole but recovered within 3 days of S.
    cerevisiae treatment.

dvjorge
    Participant

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Could I just open up a s.boulardii capsule and pour it on my tongue?

dvjorge
    Participant

Tdog333;52909 wrote: Could I just open up a s.boulardii capsule and pour it on my tongue?

Yes, try it.!

Jorge.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I would like to add to the comment on being allergic to yeast. Some people have a true allergic reaction. This is obvious and one should stop using it immediately. Others have an immune reaction, but not an IgE (true allergy) reaction. Instead you might have bad fatigue, anxiety, brain fog, stomach issues, feel flu like, etc. However, those are symptoms alot of people have when pathogenic yeasts die and release toxins too. Basically, if you have that kind of a reaction and it doesnt start to let up after a few days or a week, begin to suspect it is a reaction to the yeast you are taking.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Terrible Thrush’ is closed to new replies.