Temperary Insanity??

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Temperary Insanity??

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  s. 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

JayBahr
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

So I’ve been on this cleanse for 8 days now, and I actually feel like I’m loosing my mind. Is this normal? I’m on an emotional roller coaster ride from hell. I’ve never felt this down and depressed in my life,I can’t stop crying, and having panic attacks has anyone else experienced this ?

Please let me know.

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

Maybe it is time to stop the cleanse and start with the diet. Emotional instability can result from insufficient calorie intake as your body struggles to function. I remember in the past getting very depressed while fasting for a long time.

JayBahr

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. I never did the cleanse, I started right away with the diet. I meant cleanse as in cutting out foods.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Nothing close to this should be considered normal. Check your calorie and carb intake. Ketosis increases cortisol, which can be stressful. You need to eat ~50g/day of carbs to stay out of it. You’d still need around ~100g/day of protein to maintain lean mass on this carb intake; more if you’re active. Low calorie diets are stressful in general. Vegetables can be filling and fat/protein is more satiating than you may realise, so actually count calories for a few days to see where you are. Go easier on the anti-fungals if you feel it’s die-off related.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would check out the herb ashwagandha and see if it helps your symptoms. Are you taking any chelated molybdenum or doing anything to prevent die-off symptoms?

You can also sweat out the toxins via the skin by doing a steam room, hot tub, jacuzzi, sauna, or even hot bath. This can completely reduce or eliminate die-off symptoms. Mineral baths are the best option.

Either way, I would think that this shows that you have a health problem and likely a gut flora imbalance because a healthy person should not feel this bad when trying out a diet such as this one.

Check out these two posts:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm11590_Molybdenum-and-Dieoff-Symptoms.aspx#post11590

and

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst2981_DieOff-Without-Molybdenum.aspx

I hope you didn’t do everything all at once where you quit coffee/caffeine, smoking, and food all in the same day. This could be too much for your body to handle.

-raster

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

JayBahr, I had something like that happen at about the same point. I got dangerously depressed – all of a sudden. Horrible. I upped my molybdenum and it went away (thank God).
    Good luck and hang in there!

JayBahr

I will try those options.

Thank you.

Yes I did cut everything out at once. I never drank coffee, but I did have a 4-6 beer habit almost daily, smoking, sugar, and bread. I bought myself a pack of cigarettes today though because I couldn’t take it anymore.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

JayBahr wrote: So I’ve been on this cleanse for 8 days now, and I actually feel like I’m loosing my mind. Is this normal? I’m on an emotional roller coaster ride from hell. I’ve never felt this down and depressed in my life,I can’t stop crying, and having panic attacks has anyone else experienced this ?

Please let me know.

Yes, I have. I like to share some knowledgeable with might help you if you take it to your heart.

When I experienced my first panic attack while being on the candida diet I was 49 years old. I never had any depression, anxiety or panic attacks in my life. If you feel you get mad that is only a thought and has nothing to do with reality.

There are chemicals playing around in you and you can watch them. But you are not your feelings, remember that. Look at them. Fear and depression is coming and going but you are here to watch it. Thoughts are coming and going but you are there and see them and hear them coming and going. But you are stable. The moment panic and feelings can take you over is by you believing the thoughts. What you are is peace, is being all the rest are illusions (thought patterns) or symptoms. You are not your symptoms either. They too come and go but you are here and watch them.

How to deal with all of that. If you get an attack see yourself as a bus driver. You allow the customers coming and going but you don’t hook up with them. Watch them and you see that in truth you are peace, the witness and suffering is suffering but believing that its you who is suffering is not true. Meditate on it and find the quite little peace in you and act out of that.

You will notice that you are peace full but your body is freaking out. Yes, but you can help your body with a technic called EFT. Google for it, there is tons of free material on the net. Then you can use your breathing to calm down the body.
    Did you notice that I didnt write, calming down yourself? You are peace but the body is freaking out. Get him some peace with breathing.

Breath in on the count of 2 …hold breath on count of 4….breath out to the count of 8.

When you get real good with it you can higher the numbers to 4 , 8, 16 etc.

This is called the healing breath and is used in Buddhist traditions for healing.

all the best
    yours
    Thomas

JayBahr

Thomas wrote:

So I’ve been on this cleanse for 8 days now, and I actually feel like I’m loosing my mind. Is this normal? I’m on an emotional roller coaster ride from hell. I’ve never felt this down and depressed in my life,I can’t stop crying, and having panic attacks has anyone else experienced this ?

Please let me know.

Yes, I have. I like to share some knowledgeable with might help you if you take it to your heart.

When I experienced my first panic attack while being on the candida diet I was 49 years old. I never had any depression, anxiety or panic attacks in my life. If you feel you get mad that is only a thought and has nothing to do with reality.

There are chemicals playing around in you and you can watch them. But you are not your feelings, remember that. Look at them. Fear and depression is coming and going but you are here to watch it. Thoughts are coming and going but you are there and see them and hear them coming and going. But you are stable. The moment panic and feelings can take you over is by you believing the thoughts. What you are is peace, is being all the rest are illusions (thought patterns) or symptoms. You are not your symptoms either. They too come and go but you are here and watch them.

How to deal with all of that. If you get an attack see yourself as a bus driver. You allow the customers coming and going but you don’t hook up with them. Watch them and you see that in truth you are peace, the witness and suffering is suffering but believing that its you who is suffering is not true. Meditate on it and find the quite little peace in you and act out of that.

You will notice that you are peace full but your body is freaking out. Yes, but you can help your body with a technic called EFT. Google for it, there is tons of free material on the net. Then you can use your breathing to calm down the body.
    Did you notice that I didnt write, calming down yourself? You are peace but the body is freaking out. Get him some peace with breathing.

Breath in on the count of 2 …hold breath on count of 4….breath out to the count of 8.

This is called the healing breath and is used in Buddhist traditions for healing.

all the best
    yours
    Thomas

That is really nice Thomas. I really will take that to heart because like you, although I am only 23 I have never experienced anxiety or depression in my life and do not know how to deal with it. This really makes sense and moving forward I’m going to try these techniques.

Much appreciation.

Jazmine

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

JayBahr wrote:

Please let me know.

all the best
    yours
    Thomas

That is really nice Thomas. I really will take that to heart because like you, although I am only 23 I have never experienced anxiety or depression in my life and do not know how to deal with it. This really makes sense and moving forward I’m going to try these techniques.

Much appreciation.

Jazmine

Good, I am happy that it is of some help. You are not alone, remember that.
    You can always write a PM if you are stuck and need help. If I can I will help you.
    cheers
    Thomas

s.
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 80

JayBahr – Yes, I also experienced this — only by accident without knowing why. I was taking doses of monolaurin and switched my diet severely because everhting I ate was making me sick. I had electric shocks up my spin, incredible spine and back pain, sciatic nerve pain, kidneys and liver pain. I really did a number on myself because I didn’t know that what was happening was die off. Everyone was convinced I was depressed and needed medication. Getting them to understand it was a side effect of something else seriously wrong was futile. I just believed in myself and got stubborn about it. I would cry and cry and cry and feel like I was going to die. In retrospect I probably came close — I was that sick. Since you know what is happening gives you lots of knowledge and reassurance. It WILL GET BETTER! Take it slow — as best as you can. Thomas has great words of wisdom. After awhile the trip did get very surreal. I did feel disconnected from my feelings and I let them come and go as well – stubbornly holding on to me. Make sure you are eating enough, taking the antifungals slow and not quitting smoking right now is probably a good idea. Let everyone who is close to you how fragile you are. That if they can’t support you through this horrible time, to at least give you room and understanding. Get back to them when you are feeling better. 🙂 You’ll know when the time is not right to be tackling serious matters outside the daily essential routine other than your health. Eat tons and tons of celery! I swear by the stuff. I don’t think you can OD on it. 🙂 It also helps with stabilizing blood sugar.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Temperary Insanity??’ is closed to new replies.