Teff Flour No Longer Allowed?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Bread Recipes Teff Flour No Longer Allowed?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ChinUp
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 24

I just noticed that Teff Flour is no longer included on the Stricter diet?

Able or Raster – can you weigh in on this? Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

ChinUp;39810 wrote: I just noticed that Teff Flour is no longer included on the Stricter diet?

Able or Raster – can you weigh in on this? Thanks!

Hello, Chin. Sorry for the confusion.

Since I designed the stricter diet which is on a private website, I’ll explain why teff was removed.

Teff flour was not on the original diet which I used to bring my own infestation under control. It was placed on the strict diet quite a while after I came to the forum only because so many people were eating it and believing that they were having basically no problems from it. However, over a fairly long period of time, and as of last week, three different members have sent private messages to me asking what was ‘wrong’ with the bread which they made using the coconut flour bread recipe which I posted in the recipe section because they had experienced Candida symptoms following having the bread for a few days. The only difference in all three cases was the fact that they used teff flour in place of the coconut flour or oat bran.

I’m not making the claim that teff is capable of feeding the Candida, as I really have no idea and I’ve never eaten it myself, but it’s my opinion that three people claiming Candida-related problems after eating it are enough for me to remove a food item from the diet, and I would do the same with any other food on the diet.

Eat it, or don’t eat it, this is up to each individual to decide, and I’m not telling you either way, but I simply can’t place it back on the diet for the reasons I’ve given.

Update:
    The quote below was posted by kodaz2005 on March 23, 2013

“I had ordered some teff flour a couple of months ago. I made teff pancakes and teff bread, but I really found I had a problem with the teff. It caused me to lose my self control and want to eat too much of it. I never had this same problem when using oat bran or coconut flour. I tried using the teff a few times and every time it was like I was unleashing the candida beast. I have been avoiding teff completely now.”

This is one example of the factors I was speaking of.

Able

ChinUp
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 24

Cool, thanks Able!

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

@Able,

I had no idea you’ve never eaten teff. Since it was placed on the strict diet I just naturally presumed that you were eating it like many other people. I’ve been eating teff for quite some time now, and haven’t experienced any issues with it although I guess we’re all different and we all heal in our own way.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The way I look at things is that the candida in everyone’s bodies responds differently for each person. This is why oat bran is alright for some people while not for others. The same can be applied to teff.

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Teff Flour No Longer Allowed?’ is closed to new replies.