Teff bread (Raster) – do you use this as sandwich bread?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Teff bread (Raster) – do you use this as sandwich bread?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  M 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ldewild
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 32

I tried it and it seems pretty dry to me. I’d like to still eat it and use it as sandwich bread, but what could I use as a mayonnaise? I’d like to eat my chicken sandwiches (bought sliced chicken from the deli, and have lots of green leaf lettuce and an onion for slicing) but don’t want to try to choke down a dry sandwich.

Or do you recommend another type of gluten-free bread for making sandwiches?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The teff bread could be used as a sandwich bread; I don’t think you should eat it without coconut oil personally…it makes it taste a ton better. This might work with your sandwich as well. I would also look in the recipes part of the forum for mayo because I believe there is a good recipe with ACV.

My bread came out pretty dry yesterday as well; it seems that eggs can vary in how much yolk they contain, so the bread varies between dry and moist sometimes. If you cook it less time, it may come out more moist (might just need 5-10 minutes less time). Adding one more egg might make it more moist too but haven’t experimented too much. Occasionally I will add a slight bit of water so that it mixes better but don’t remember whether the bread came out more or less moist.

-raster

ldewild

I can’t do the coconut oil, since I’m allergic to coconut. I’ll check out the recipes and hope to find a good mayo recipe. Thanks!

ldewild

Oh no – I found a recipe but I never used a food processor. Are there any recipes that don’t require a food processor? I may have to break down and get one (but finances are tight).

ldewild

A-ha!!! Plain yogurt! No time spent in the kitchen making mayonnaise! I just spread a little bit of plain yogurt and it’s a great “sandwich spread”! (BTW, I do the goat yogurt since cow products bug me.)

Perhaps in the future, I’ll make some “mayo” by adding a few herbs to the yogurt to make the sammich taste even better. 😉

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I really don’t know how anyone can make “sandwich” bread out of teff/buckwheat/coconut etc. It just doesn’t taste like real bread at all. I spread coconut oil/butter, or tahini on mine and eat it as a snack. I once tried to eat it with scrambled eggs on top but it just didn’t work. You could alternatively make a buckwheat flat bread and spread some ghee on top while it’s still hot to keep it from cracking/getting too dry. That goes down well with fried eggs on a Sunday morning.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Teff bread (Raster) – do you use this as sandwich bread?’ is closed to new replies.