Tea to Replace Coffee on Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tea to Replace Coffee on Diet

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Frustrated86
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 8

Good morning,

The one and only time I did the candida diet I went cold turkey with the coffee. My mornings were horrible! I’m not addicted to coffee by any means but I love my morning cup to get me going and the occasional late morning cup at work. This time around I am thinking of replacing my coffee with the allowed types of teas. Has anyone found that the teas still help with waking up in the morning even though they are caffine free? I can do the diet and stick with it but the one thing I find to be horrible is being deprived of my morning coffee that gets me going for work 🙁

I am curious about fennel tea as well. Does anyone know if this is on the “allowed list”? I saw licorice tea on the list so I think that might be considered the same?

Thanks 🙂

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Frustrated86 wrote: the one thing I find to be horrible is being deprived of my morning coffee that gets me going for work 🙁

Sounds like you enjoy/need the caffeine more than you may realize. There’s really no substitue to “get you going”. After being on the diet for a week or so, my body adapted to the point that I have much more energy in the morning without coffee. Personally, I drink nettle tea, which, I believe, is a good antioxidant. Good luck!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I recommend chamomile tea which perks you up in the morning and gives you energy if you steep it longer than 8 minutes. Its also antifungal, helps repair hemorrhoids, and promotes bowel movements.

-raster

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

raster wrote: I recommend chamomile tea which perks you up in the morning and gives you energy if you steep it longer than 8 minutes. Its also antifungal, helps repair hemorrhoids, and promotes bowel movements.

-raster

Am I right in saying that decaf coffee is acceptable? I have heard that the potential mold content makes drinking it unwise.

I miss coffee, too! But like SRQ says, I don’t miss the drop-off when the caffeine wears off.

Len

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

Hi to all,

can somebody please tell me is liquorice tea ok on the diet? I bought a mint-lemon tea mixture, but I didn`t see it also contains liquorice which is very sweet. On some candida diet pages it is allowed (they say it helps digestion), but I am sceptical and afraid of anything sweet these days 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think liquorice tea likely will bring more benefit than detriment. From my knowledge, it is a great liver cleanser which you definitely need while recovering.

-raster

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

As I understand it, Licorice’s sweetness is not from sugar so it should be just fine. The only caveat with licorice is that if you eat/drink a lot of it it can raise your blood pressure over time. Otherwise it’s a great for the immune system.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Green tea……I use the decaf but, the natural caffeine levels are so much lower than coffee it might be a way to wean yourself. Green tea has all sorts of health benefits and also helps remove toxins which supports the liver….. I even use a green tea pill supplement along with milk thistle….

anyone with further input on green tea, shout it out….

blessings and healing graces to one and all

toni8
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

Frustrated86;27646 wrote: Good morning,

The one and only time I did the candida diet I went cold turkey with the coffee. My mornings were horrible! I’m not addicted to coffee by any means but I love my morning cup to get me going and the occasional late morning cup at work. This time around I am thinking of replacing my coffee with the allowed types of teas. Has anyone found that the teas still help with waking up in the morning even though they are caffine free? I can do the diet and stick with it but the one thing I find to be horrible is being deprived of my morning coffee that gets me going for work 🙁

I am curious about fennel tea as well. Does anyone know if this is on the “allowed list”? I saw licorice tea on the list so I think that might be considered the same?

Thanks 🙂

Hi I have been drinking green matcha and it has helped me a lot and it’s high in antioxidants among other things, I found interesting blogs below, best luck finding what works for you!!!

“Really interesting is green tea, which does contain caffeine but which is not a fast sugar the way it is in coffee. It gets even better: although even slow sugars are bad for you when not taken in moderation, there’s a substance in green tea which “eats” excess glucose in your blood. This way you get all the health benefits from caffeine without the glucose elevating properties of caffeine in coffee”

yeastygut
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 34

I also drink nettle tea… actually a nettle infusion. It has made my (terrible) allergies vanish and it is absolutely delicious! I was actually coming onto the forum to share my new favorite drink (on this diet) which is a nettle infusion tea heated up with some yacon syrup and almond milk. If you heat up the tea, add the yacon syrup and almond milk, then heat it up even more, it creates an almost frothy drink. Not to mention stinging nettle is a wonder-herb and can treat practically anything, including fatigue. I find that having a mug of this in the morning really does pick me up. Here is a link to some of the many many health benefits of nettles.

http://www.naturalnews.com/036080_stinging_nettles_remedies_arthritis.html

And here’s a website that sells yacon syrup:

https://www.wholeapproach.com/category/7000/Sweeteners/1.html

To make an infusion fill a quart jar with 7 tbs (or a few tablespoons less, seven is more a “treatment”) dried nettle leaf (from your health food store), add boiling water (I let it cool for about a minute just in case), put the lid back on the jar, and let steep overnight. In the morning strain the leaves and refrigerate.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Then again, you could just smoke some crack to get you going in the morning… :p
    (just kidding)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tea to Replace Coffee on Diet’ is closed to new replies.