'Tasteless' Coconut Oil?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions 'Tasteless' Coconut Oil?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Susansl66
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi!

Quick question about the coconut oil that is recommended for the protocol…is there such thing as a smell/taste-free option?

Susan

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Susansl66 wrote: Is there such thing as a smell/taste-free option?

I’m afraid not, Susan, at least not that I’ve ever heard of. But it’s a great idea, why don’t you work on making that? ; )

Able

Susansl66

Ha! Too bad! Even the smell of coconut oil can make me heave…can’t begin to imagine how I’m going to get tablespoons of it down…is there not a ‘pill form’ derivative that could be substituted? Otherwise, I may have to opt out of this vile (yet effective) part of the protocol…after all throwing up multiple times of day won’t be beneficial will it? 🙂

tlentz1108
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 36

Hi Susan,

I don’t like the taste or smell of coconut oil either. When I first started I took coconut oil softgels that I purchased from Vitamin shoppe in 120 capsule size (never saw another size offered). But, the daily dose they suggested isn’t enough. I think it takes about 14 capsules to equal one tablespoon worth of coconut oil so it isn’t really feasible to take it in replacement of coconut oil. Besides that I’m not sure that the softgel coating is a safe product or not either.

One of the ways I got the coconut oil in was to add it to my foods. I cooked my eggs and other foods in it and pored any leftover in pan on top of eggs or whatever meat I was eating. I would put a tablespoon overtop of my vegetables instead of using butter like I use to do. Some people add a tablespoon into sauces, soups, drinks and use it in baking. Anyway you can think of to get it in.

It may help you to start with a small amount at a time and work your way up. Maybe a teaspoon at a time and chase it with something. Sorry, but it is key to helping you with Candida and you definitely want to work towards getting it into your diet.

Best wishes,

Teresa

Able900
    Spectator

You could add Caprylic acid capsules to your treatment which is the antifungal part of the coconut. However, this doesn’t come close to being as potent as pure coconut oil and it hasn’t been shown to change the environment of the intestines which is necessary. I suppose you could start taking this, work your way up to about six capsules a day, and take only half the amount of coconut oil that’s on the protocol. This ‘might’ work.

I know that coconut tastes like death warmed over; it was the worst part of the entire protocol for me. The only way I could stand to take it was to have a small cup of very warm water sitting by. I’d take the spoon of coconut oil and follow it immediately with a drink of the warm water. This would wash the coconut oil down without much of a taste for me; the only way I could do it.

Able

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I put coconut oil and coconut cream in mug and fill it with boiling water.

Stir it, and you have a creamy ‘hot-chocolate’-like drink that tastes like coconut.

Susansl66

Thanks so much everyone for the suggestions…it is much appreciated. I will just have to get used to plugging my nose like a little kid 🙂

Susan

kimtastically
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Expeller-pressed coconut oil is a good oil and it is processed in a way that the flavor is gone. It is still very unrefined though. I will post a link with some info and where you can buy it (:

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/faq.htm#What_are_the_differences_between_all_your_coconut_oils

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/expeller-pressed_coconut_oil.htm

I have ordered from this site before, and I trust them a lot (I even liked them on facebook lol) First time customers get a coconut oil recipe book and it talks about things coconut oil is good for. That is actually what turned me on to Candida because there is a chapter on it. I just started the diet and I am on day 6. So I’m still new to the forum. Hope this helps!

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Just hold your breath, rinse with some water and laugh the oh-my-god-i’m-going-to-throw-up-feeling in the face!

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Clare_ wrote: I put coconut oil and coconut cream in mug and fill it with boiling water.

Stir it, and you have a creamy ‘hot-chocolate’-like drink that tastes like coconut.

great idea! never heard of coconut cream… do you mean coconut milk? or do you have a link?

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Just melt it and put it in coconut milk. That’s what I did at the start until I just got use to taking it with just a spoon.

Chris24
    Replies: 329

Yes, there is oderless coconut oil for sale, I buy it in an organic store. Also helps with the taste.

Clare_
    Replies: 134

goingnatural wrote:

I put coconut oil and coconut cream in mug and fill it with boiling water.

great idea! never heard of coconut cream… do you mean coconut milk? or do you have a link?

Coconut cream can be bought at any supermarket here in Australia.

It is like coconut milk, but thicker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_cream

You could use coconut milk instead of coconut cream.

Able900
    Spectator

As always, I hate being the one to burst everyone’s bubble, but I have to do this occasionally or I may as well leave the forum.

Coconut cream is also called coconut manna and coconut butter. It’s literally the whole ‘meat’ of the coconut made into a condensed form. In other words, it’s no different from eating a coconut – other than the fact that it’s condensed.

Coconut oil on the other hand, is pure, 100% oil which has been extracted from the meat of the coconut. Coconut oil is of course more expensive, and for a very good reason. The coconut oil costs more to produce, and it’s the part of the coconut that contains the positive factors which make it so useful in a Candida protocol. In other words, when you use coconut cream instead of only the oil, you’re obtaining a limited amount of the oil. If you think about it, this makes sense because if the two contained the same nutrient value, the protocol would simply instruct you to eat a coconut instead of taking the oil.

Still, there’s no reason that you shouldn’t enjoy coconut cream as it still contains some coconut oil as well as nutritional values. But it’s not going to have near the impact that coconut oil will when it comes to fighting your infestation, and it’s not going to change the intestinal environment; unless you eat perhaps an entire container every day. Of course that amount is only an estimate.
    Another big difference between the cream and the pure oil is the number of calories which are considered a necessity on a Candida diet; the oil provides 117 calories per tbsp. of oil and the cream contains 94 calories per tbsp.

Tasteless or order-free coconut oil is that way because of a process it’s put through which is called “expeller pressed.” Once it goes through this process it is no longer virgin coconut oil. We’ve talked about the difference between virgin and non-virgin coconut oil on the forum before and basically, the difference between the two is:

Virgin coconut oil is unprocessed oil and only the freshest coconuts are used. The process of extracting the oil does not include heat or chemicals. Non-virgin coconut oil and expeller pressed oils are also called ‘refined’ oil. The process of refining the oil normally includes bleaching and deodorizing. Unfortunately, as the oil is processed in this manner, it loses most of its value as a tool used for a Candida treatment. On the other hand, unrefined, virgin oil will retain basically all of the natural elements and therefore benefits of the oil of fresh coconut.

I’ve never heard of a tasteless or order-free, virgin coconut oil, so if Chris has managed to find this, perhaps he would share it with the forum so that the members would know what to look for.

Thanks and sorry.
    The Forum’s Official Bubble Buster (Able)

Chris24
    Replies: 329

Ah its no surprise you havent heard of it Able, turns out its from a Dutch organic online healthstore called mattisson. It is cheaper so I dont think its the best quality. Considering the refining process, I suppose extra virgin coconut oil would indeed be better.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘'Tasteless' Coconut Oil?’ is closed to new replies.