Tapatio Sauce?

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Tapatio Sauce?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jaylee
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

just started the diet this week and i was wondering if Tapatio sauce could be used in our diets? looking at the label, it has no carbs or sugars. if it’s bad for my candida, i’ll refrain from using it, but it really can liven up a dull meal. if not, are there any peppers i can use to start off with? would habanero peppers work? sorry, i’m latin and grew up with the spice!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Tapatio contains distilled vinegar, which you should avoid during your candida treatment. You can use cayenne powder, chili powder, chili flakes, fresh chilis (jalapenos or serranos for sure, and probably habaneros?), or hot sauces made with organic apple cider vinegar, if you can find it. I was really bummed to give up Tapatio and Sriracha, too :p

shayfo

Forgot to mention: jalapenos, at least, are antifungal, so be careful not to go crazy with them until you know how much die-off they give you.

jaylee

arrggghhh….i’ve been using it all week. but thats good to know. i won’t have any problems substituting them for chili powders and flakes. i just need a little taste.

thanks a ton.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

You can also make sauerkraut with jalapenos if you want something really spicy! Farm Culture makes one you can get at Whole Foods, but I think they only sell it on the west coast. Just know if you make your own that fermenting things really brings out the flavor so don’t overdo it with peppers on your first go!

jaylee

Ok. So I just bought some jalapeños in a jar and just read the back label. It says it has vinegar in it, which I’m sure is the liquid it’s soaked in. Is it cool to just drain it and still eat the jalapeños?

shayfo

I wouldn’t recommend it, since you’ll still be ingesting vinegar. You’ll probably have to buy fresh or dried jalapeños in order to avoid unwanted ingredients.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tapatio Sauce?’ is closed to new replies.