Tamarind & Tuna

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Tamarind & Tuna

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

amu88
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the replies of before post.

I would like to know if i can eat tamarind.

Cooconut
    Tamarind
    Onions

these 3 makes a good curry….I would also like to know if i can eat tinned tuna in water.

cooking it with

coconut
    tumeric
    lime

makes another lovely curry…

Thanks..a lot….

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Greetings, Amu.

As many herbs do, tamarind exhibits antifungal properties, so I can’t imagine it being a problem on the Candida diet.

BenjiRixon
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 54

tamarind is a very sugary fruit, so id def stay away from it !!!

im a chef by trade and do a alot of thai cooking where tamarind is mainly for desserts but also in other things too.

also a quote from wikipedia –

“The tamarind is best described as sweet and sour in taste, and is high in acid, sugar, B vitamins and, interestingly for a fruit, calcium”

unless of course youve past stages 1 and 2 and have been symptom free for ages and your only gonna use a tiny bit lol =-D

ps tinned tuna is fine, just check theres no additives in it.

Benji

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Tamarind herbs are on the diabetes’s eatable foods list because it helps to control blood sugar levels. It’s also on just about every list of herbs for the Candida diet that I’ve seen in the past.

Amu, if this is something that you enjoy and are used to using in cooking, you could simply try a small amount (as we all do eventually, even on stage one) and see if there are any reactions.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I think the confusion/disagreement here is because several parts of the tamarind plant can be used for culinary purposes. The fruit is likely a no go, for reasons Benji already explained. However, I’m assuming the herb is either the leaf, root, stem, or a combination and is likely fine for reasons Able explained 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tamarind & Tuna’ is closed to new replies.