Taking antifungals with an empty bowel !!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Taking antifungals with an empty bowel !!!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I have been posting that a weaker part in antifungal therapies to target the intestines is how to reach the lower part with enough antifungal concentration to kill the fungus. Beside to the nystatin enemas, I have found another technic used by one of the candida pioneer Drs during the 80s. See what Dr. Alfred V. Zamm recommended to his patients. Two times a week, you do high retention enemas with clear distilled water. You do several rounds until you empty the bowels and the water comes clear from inside. Then, you do a 6 ounces nystatin solution enema, holding it 5 minutes on your left side, then, your back, and after , your right side. Since it isn’t too much water, you can stand and hold it for a while, probably hours. Then, you drink a 4 ounces of water with around 750 000 units of diluted Nystatin powder. No food, and nothing else until 2 hours.
    Since the bowel is empty, the liquid won’t find any obstruction to travel down and irrigate the intestinal walls with a powerful Nystatin dose reaching most of the intestinal surface. In this form, you target the small bowel, and the Nystatin enema targets the colon. This system, according to this Dr, has cured many patients in as short as 2 months !!!!
    It makes perfect sense because I know that the biggest problem is how to target the intestines inside from mouth to anus with an effective antifungal.
    Jorge.

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

Jorge, I’ve noticed you seem to think that the effect of Nystatin is generally decreased as it passes along the GI tract.

Why is this?

If it does not get absorbed then surely that would mean it remains undiminshed until it comes into contact with ergosterol and begins to do its work. (i.e. comes into contact with fungus)?

Interested to hear your views.

Thanks

dvjorge
    Participant

Kyle wrote: Jorge, I’ve noticed you seem to think that the effect of Nystatin is generally decreased as it passes along the GI tract.

Why is this?

If it does not get absorbed then surely that would mean it remains undiminshed until it comes into contact with ergosterol and begins to do its work. (i.e. comes into contact with fungus)?

Interested to hear your views.

Thanks

Kyle,

It is well known microbes don’t like the small bowel. The reason is because our body fluids create a difficult environment for them in the upper small bowel. HCL, bile, pancreatic enzymes, and sodium bicarbonate released by the pancreas keep the small bowel almost sterile. Candida don’t like it and loves putrefaction, fermentation, and decomposition. All these things happen in the colon, so it growths bigger in the lower small bowel and colon than anywhere. Dr. Leo Galland, MD, Dr. Trowbridge, MD, etc, have told it in their books about candidiasis.
    Most antifungals that we take orally never reach the lower intestinal part because they are absorbed by the intestinal lining and go to the bloodstream. The polyenes (Nystatin, Oral AMP B, and Natamycin) are exceptions because these compounds are poorly absorbed by the gut epithelium. The problem they face is the intestine is a very long pipe with an extended surface and most of the time is full of food, fecal matter, and death flora. What you take is an small Nystatin tablet or diluted powder that needs to travel down and have contact with the fungus to kill it. I see it almost impossible because the pipe is too long and is also partially blocked by digested food. The nystatin probably dissipates in the upper part and the rest will mix with food and fecal matter to get out. It is like trying to paint your all house with a quart of paint or trying that a teaspoon of liquid travel inside a 10 feet pipe and you be able to see liquid coming out at the end of the pipe.

Bottom line, it is very difficult for the Nystatin to reach the colon in the right concentration to be effective, less the “naturals” that are absorbed in the upper intestinal part.
    IMO, this is one of the things that becomes this treatment so long a practically diet dependable, even when I don’t want to experiment releasing the diet.
    In the book, The Yeast Syndrome, I read how a Dr who treated many candida patients had the bright idea of ordering his patients enemas. The enemas empties the bowel and leave the pipe unblocked for the Nystatin goes down more efficiently and have contact with the fungal colonies. But, not also it, this Dr ordered a retention enema with 4 or 6 onunces of water and Nystatin powder after cleaning the intestines with distilled water enemas. In this way, you are targeting candida both way, orally and rectally with an empty and clean bowel, so the poison get the victim.
    This is the idea.!!! Empty and clean the pipe as much as possible to allow the liquid Nystatin solution goes down without obstacles and reach the lower intestines. On the other hand, targeting the colon with a Nystatin enema. It makes perfect sense for me.
    Jorge.

sp1543
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 57

Interesting. Thanks.

Have you ever considered doing a 2 day fast (i.e. no food, just water) and then drinking a pint of water filled with the nystatin powder you use?

A fast would possibly be the best way to empty the colon, right?

This is one of the things that I have on my list to try if my current plan doesn’t work. (although fasting is not near the top of the list haha!)

-Kyle

dvjorge
    Participant

Kyle wrote: Interesting. Thanks.

Have you ever considered doing a 2 day fast (i.e. no food, just water) and then drinking a pint of water filled with the nystatin powder you use?

A fast would possibly be the best way to empty the colon, right?

This is one of the things that I have on my list to try if my current plan doesn’t work. (although fasting is not near the top of the list haha!)

-Kyle

Fasting for a couple of days may give you a good start but I haven’t had the courage to to it. Your plan will work. Do the enemas, you will remember my suggestion. I was very sick and they pushed me ahead.
    Jorge.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

dvjorge wrote: I have been posting that a weaker part in antifungal therapies to target the intestines is how to reach the lower part with enough antifungal concentration to kill the fungus. Beside to the nystatin enemas, I have found another technic used by one of the candida pioneer Drs during the 80s. See what Dr. Alfred V. Zamm recommended to his patients. Two times a week, you do high retention enemas with clear distilled water. You do several rounds until you empty the bowels and the water comes clear from inside. Then, you do a 6 ounces nystatin solution enema, holding it 5 minutes on your left side, then, your back, and after , your right side. Since it isn’t too much water, you can stand and hold it for a while, probably hours. Then, you drink a 4 ounces of water with around 750 000 units of diluted Nystatin powder. No food, and nothing else until 2 hours.
    Since the bowel is empty, the liquid won’t find any obstruction to travel down and irrigate the intestinal walls with a powerful Nystatin dose reaching most of the intestinal surface. In this form, you target the small bowel, and the Nystatin enema targets the colon. This system, according to this Dr, has cured many patients in as short as 2 months !!!!
    It makes perfect sense because I know that the biggest problem is how to target the intestines inside from mouth to anus with an effective antifungal.
    Jorge.

Where do you get your Nystatin powder? Also, I’ve never shopped for an enema kit. Who makes a good one?

dvjorge
    Participant

candida_sucks wrote:

I have been posting that a weaker part in antifungal therapies to target the intestines is how to reach the lower part with enough antifungal concentration to kill the fungus. Beside to the nystatin enemas, I have found another technic used by one of the candida pioneer Drs during the 80s. See what Dr. Alfred V. Zamm recommended to his patients. Two times a week, you do high retention enemas with clear distilled water. You do several rounds until you empty the bowels and the water comes clear from inside. Then, you do a 6 ounces nystatin solution enema, holding it 5 minutes on your left side, then, your back, and after , your right side. Since it isn’t too much water, you can stand and hold it for a while, probably hours. Then, you drink a 4 ounces of water with around 750 000 units of diluted Nystatin powder. No food, and nothing else until 2 hours.
    Jorge.

Where do you get your Nystatin powder? Also, I’ve never shopped for an enema kit. Who makes a good one?

I buy the Nystatin Powder outside the US. Unfortunately, you need an script from your Dr to buy it here in US. If you get the script, I let you know what brand and where you can buy it.
    I don’t use an enema kit even having one that I bought in Amazon. I use a twin pack enema bottles that you normally buy in CVS. I empty the solution an use distilled water.
    Jorge.

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

dvjorge wrote:
    I buy the Nystatin Powder outside the US. Unfortunately, you need an script from your Dr to buy it here in US. If you get the script, I let you know what brand and where you can buy it.
    I don’t use an enema kit even having one that I bought in Amazon. I use a twin pack enema bottles that you normally buy in CVS. I empty the solution an use distilled water.
    Jorge.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my doctor would never believe in any of this candida stuff, so a script would be difficult to acquire.

dvjorge
    Participant

candida_sucks wrote:

Jorge.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my doctor would never believe in any of this candida stuff, so a script would be difficult to acquire.

I know who have reported good results using a tiny amount of sodium bicarbonate.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Taking antifungals with an empty bowel !!!’ is closed to new replies.