Taking Anti Fungals & Probiotics in Stage 1

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Taking Anti Fungals & Probiotics in Stage 1

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lily 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rajv23
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi all,

I’ve looked through this website & it by far gives the most informative advice. I started the diet a few days ago, and due to being a veggie I’m finding it VERY restrictive.

What I wanted to know was: Is there any harm in me taking anti fungals & probiotics in Stage 1?

The only reason i can see against it is that it will make the die off symptoms much worse, but i’d much rather suffer severe die off symptoms for a week and be able to reintroduce things like beans & berries after 4 weeks, rather than wait 6/7 weeks.

Any opinions?

Thanks,
    Raj

***I originally posted this question in the Candida Advice section, which is the wrong section. Moderator: Please feel free to delete that message***

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

I don’t see anything wrong with taking the antifungals now. Like you say I think they only advise to do it in stage 2 so your die off symptoms aren’t twice as bad. Probiotics can be taken at any time – says so on the site somewhere! I have taken antifungals from the start (did stage 1 for a week and a half then relapsed). Having to start it all over again and on day 3 of detox yet again! I had antifungal meds from my doc the first time and after a week of those and stage 1 I noticed a huge difference in how well I felt (cursing myself for falling off the wagon). Trying natural antifungals this time. Have caprylic acid and will have garlic capsules, aloe vera and kelp when they arrive.

Some people just don’t want to experience severe die off. I’d rather get it all over with as quick as poss like you 🙂

rajv23
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Hi Lily, thanks for your response.

Interesting to read about your choice of anti fungals, the 3 I’m currently taking are the 3 you listed!

Caprylic acid – i’m taking as virgin coconut oil (Coconoil), 2 tsps a day
    Garlic capsules – i’m taking a supplement called AllicinMax, 6 capsules a day
    Aloe Vera juice – three times a day

Are you taking anything to target the candida directly. I’ve read a lot about products like Threelac, I don’t know whether it’s worth forking out for these as well.

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hello 🙂

I started my natural antifungals (garlic and coconut oil) after 2 weeks of the diet. I’m pregnant, and really did not want to exacerbate potentially harmful die-off reactions (the die-off by products are really not good for you!). So, the first 2 weeks were to try to get some of the yeast taken care of first, then I **gradually** upped my antifungals. During this time I drank **insane** amounts of spring water. Literally, a gallon and a half a day! My die off symptoms were very minimal, mostly amounting to pronounced fatigue, but nothing like what some of the other poor souls on this board have had to go through! My scoring on Candida questionairres had me starting out as “moderate”, which may also account for die-off that wasn’t horrible since my candida was likely not severe to begin with.

There’s quite a lot of info that urges candida sufferers to ease the die-off symptoms as much as possible. Severe die-off can be really traumatic for the body and for your mentality/attitude. My advice is to not purposefully rush the die-off at the outset. When you do begin your antifungals, down that water like crazy. General advice is to drink half your body weight in ounces of water everyday. Since I’m preggie, I drank more.

Hope this helps 🙂

Hope it helps.

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

I have natural coconut oil (find it gross but try to get some into me every day) plus caprylic acid tablets. Waiting on garlic capsules, aloe vera and kelp capsules to be delivered, should arrive tomorrow.

I find I feel really ill for the first 3-4 days (this is my 2nd go at stage 1 as lapsed the first time and drank wine) then feel ok. Not sure if it’s die off I’ve had or just caffeine and sugar withdrawal? Time will tell.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Taking Anti Fungals & Probiotics in Stage 1’ is closed to new replies.