Szuzn's update, 62 days

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Szuzn's update, 62 days

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Szuzn 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Szuzn
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

History: I’ve been sick for a long time, endocrine issues, fatigue, weight gain, foggy brain and eyesight.. I thought I was going crazy. Finally got a diagnosis of Luteal Phase Defect re 8 miscarriages, and had a few good years. Then marital stress, eye droop, foot drop, neurologists, MRI’s led to a tentative dx of Multiple Sclerosis. I decided that wasn’t going to happen, and started researching MS, taking ballroom dance, African Dance, etc… and , except for hte explosive and constant diahrrea, did ok for a few years. Then the weight gain, blurry eyes, and fatigue returned. I found an alternative doc who diagnosed severe Adrenal Fatigue and Hypothyroidism. I had two good years, then crashed again. We changed meds. Fast forward from 2008 to 2010.. when I started Paleo… high fat, high protein, no sugar, no grains. I felt much better and lost a little weight. That lasted about 2 years… and I crashed again in November 2011, after a serious auto accident. I’ve been a mess since, even though I’m off all dairy, sugar, grains, fruits, etc. with ongoing diahrrea up to 10 times a day.

Finally, someone on my high fat/high protein forum suggested that I might have candida… and it appears that I do, though I’ve not had the tests, but have all of the symptoms.

Doc put me on diflucan without any support to eliminate toxins. I was terribly ill, and finally found this group and started the Strict Diet on 5/3/13, including natural antifungals. foods, teas, etc to protect the liver from the toxins.

Overall, I have been 99% on this diet, with the exception of a few drinks (gin/potato vodka/tequila with club soda) on vacation. I’ve felt better after the first awful week, lost 10 lbs, and the fogginess and floaters in my eyes have disappeared. I also have been having more normal BM’s, until last Friday.

We ate out and the chef prepared exactly the items we ordered to share… country olives (which I’ve had there before with no issues), sauteed spinach in olive oil, 6 grilled shrimp on skewers… 3 each. By the time we got home, the diahrrea had begun and lasted all night. I felt better Sat. and painted the porch furniture, but my partner had begun vomiting and spend the day and night in bed. Sun i was really tired, still with some diahrrea. i worked Monday, felt awful yesterday, more diahrrea, then I went out with a friend and puked in the ladies room, and today I’ve barely been out of bed. Everything tastes sweet… I don’t want anything to eat, am weak, but am forcing myself to drink fluids.

I’m so discouraged. I eat NOTHING that’s not on the strict diet list…. I make everything myself, including kefir water, except for the few occasions when I eat out adn I’ve yet to find a chef that isn’t willing to prepare exactly as I need. i haven’t tried making kefir yogurt yet, but at the moment the taste of that is the only thing that sounds good.

Hopefully this is a temporary setback….

Any recommendations?

Thanks so much,

Susan

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Hi Susan—

You have been sick for a long time. And I know how frustrating it can be. Most of us on these forums can relate. You have been on the strict diet since May and are “so discouraged” because you either got some sort of food poisoning (both you and your partner are showing symptoms of it) or are sick. What are you so discouraged about, that you got sick?

Szuzn

It feels the same as before I started the protocol and I’m afraid that it’s a setback. I guess I should just relax and rest…

Ok.. Point taken..

Thanks so much,

Szuzn

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

One of the problems with shrimp is that potentially may contain some mercury because they are bottom feeder fish. I would try to stay away from it as much as possible.

If you take probiotics, this may make the diarrhea worse or better. I would try to eat some solid foods, etc. to get the toxins out of the body.

The alcohol is definitely not a good thing for the diet and damages the liver, etc. You need to stay away from this as much as possible in the future.

-raster

Szuzn

Thanks, Raster!

So far today, I’ve eaten some flax/chia/buckwheat/egg bread with avocado.. several small pieces throughout the day.

Also some thin slices of zucchini and two organic/hormone and antiobiotic free chicken wings that I cooked myself in coconut oil.

That’s about it… other than charcoal, ACV, bentonite clay, probiotics, my regular meds and lots of water.

The nausea is a killer, but at least I don’t have the awful migraine like headache with it this time.

All suggestions are welcomed!

Best,
    Szuzn

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Szuzn;45712 wrote: Thanks, Raster!

So far today, I’ve eaten some flax/chia/buckwheat/egg bread with avocado.. several small pieces throughout the day.

Also some thin slices of zucchini and two organic/hormone and antiobiotic free chicken wings that I cooked myself in coconut oil.

That’s about it… other than charcoal, ACV, bentonite clay, probiotics, my regular meds and lots of water.

The nausea is a killer, but at least I don’t have the awful migraine like headache with it this time.

All suggestions are welcomed!

Best,
    Szuzn

Susan, I would just suggest to press on, we all have setbacks, bad days, etc,. But, continue doing what you are doing. Heck, pat yourself on the back and SEE the positive changes, personal, and your health.

Szuzn

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I had hoped to see more improvement after two months on the protocol. I felt like I was at a standstill before the food poisoning and today is the first day I’ve felt slightly human since Friday night.

That said, I KNOW I’m better…

Thankfully I’m a good cook, so I’ve created some wonderful meals and most folks don’t know I’m on the Strict Candida diet.

Ok, I’ll work on keeping perspective…. i’m in this for the long haul, and this is just a bump in the road.

Thanks folks,

Szuzn

Szuzn

Hi folks, checking back in after that bout of food poisoning. Thanks for all of your encouragement!

Since then, I almost got back on track in terms of rest, normal bms, no bloating, etc… then … same pattern ie I worked in the yard Saturday, cleaned house Sunday and had a little cocktail party. I cooked everything myself, except for one dish that a friend bought, she insisted that I taste it… even though she knows I’m sick, and I avoided it about a doz times, but finally, took one bite. It was thinly sliced parmesan cheese on a whole grain cracker with a slice of beet marinated in coffee flavored balsamic vinegar… I mean it wasn’t even a quarter of an inch of a bite.. my teeth were on the edge of the cracker as I was trying to pretend to take a bite…

Well, it started almost immediately, the abdominal bloating, explosive diahrrea, and then by Monday afternoon, the killer headache. I barely made it through the day at work, got home at 5:30 took a hydrocodone, which I’ve never done, but she’d prescribed them for these headaches, and I slept til 9:30, woke when my brother called, then talked with my daughter, went back to bed and slept til 6pm. Still had the headache yesterday and was craving protein, so ate a boiled egg with sauteed zuchini, cabbage and onion, then salad with fish for lunch, and it was so bad by the afternoon, I went home, but then had to go out to run an important errand. Back home by 7:30, tried to relax, but just gave in, took another hydrocodone and slept from 8:30 pm to 8:30am. I hurt all over, my feet and legs have been swelling, but finally the diahrrea is gone and I had a semi-solid BM this morning. I feel like i’ve been hit by a mac truck.

I backed off the oregano oil and increased the probiotic, hoping to reduce the die off effects, if that’s what it was.
    My back in the adrenal area was really hurting yesterday, and I’m doing what I’ve done for years to support adrenals… gray celtic sea salt 1/2 t in water 2-3 times a day. and I drink lots of water… 32 ozs, drink herbal teas, raja’s cup herbal ‘coffee’ with licorixe and ashwaganda…

This is really interfering with my job.. all I want to do is stay home and sleep. I thought I was over this part, and it’s difficult to believe that that tiny bite caused all of this.

Somehow the physical activity seems to have been a trigger …when we hiked the Bandolier Pueblo Monument in Santa Fe, then worked on the fence and yard at my finance’s, then did yardwork last Saturday. Here it is Wednesday, the headache is mostly gone, as is the nausea and confusion, but I feel drained…

I’m continuing the Strict Protocol, haven’t added beans, oat bran or rice bran yet. a few eggs a week, some organix/hormone/ antibiotic free chicken, some fish. most meals are meat free, unless I’m really craving it.
    I could live off of my homemade coco/buck/flax/chia seed bread, zucchini hummus, avocado, and eggs right now.
    Doc wanted me to add sunflower butter to increase protein, so I ground some in a little blender, with olive oil and coco oil. I seem to have tolerated it very well, and it’s delicious! Hope it’s ok to eat on this protocol.

Ok.. that’s my update. I’m keeping on, keeping on… but am beginning to wonder about filing for disability, or at least taking some leave from work… I can barely get through 4-6 hours a day. And while 8-10 hours on a computer never bothered me before, as long as I also had interactions with our staff and clients, now, I can barely look at the thing for 4 hours… I use the EMF pads in the office and at home, on the foot of my bed, just in case…

comments and suggestions are welcome!

BTW, I loved the ‘key lime pudding’! and my guests did as well. I’ve made my own crackers with flax, buckwheat, hemp hearts, to go with the zucchini hummus, and the office folks didn’t laugh at my new ‘stinky’ foods… LOL..

Thanks,
    Susan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Szuzn's update, 62 days’ is closed to new replies.