symptoms worse, no apparent reason. anyone help?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions symptoms worse, no apparent reason. anyone help?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lockie86 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi,

have been on Lisa’s plan for 2-3 months now, and was seeing SOME progress. Not huge but some.

Had trouble getting to the higher doses of antifungals though, and every time I added more I felt markedly worse and had to drop them back.

For the last couple of weeks have dropped back to nothing, but weirdly my symptoms have got worse. Fatigue, aches and pains, arthritis-like symptoms (despite no evidence of arthritis in tests), crying spells etc, all the usual stuff I suffer.

It feels like die off but I haven’t done anything to trigger it that I know of, apart from the odd bit of exercise a week ago. And maybe a little more work and stress.

But can you get waves of die off just because of the diet, maybe?

Just really trying to get a handle on why everything’s taken a down turn, as it’s quite dispiriting.

I really thought i was making progress but now I’m not so sure.

Many thanks,

Mark
    UK

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Some people are more sensitive than others, usually the sensitivities and symptoms are pretty universal when a person has it somewhat bad. It sounds like you could be having a hard time with multiple things, toxins, antifungals, foods, etc you name it. Things that help detoxify the body and reduce inflammation should help you alot. Check out things like quercetin, turmeric, omega’s for inflammation and use molybdenum AND pantethine(B5) to deal with the toxins and other gentle detox therapies. Then go diggin to find out why you’re one of the lucky few that have problems with sensitivities. Check out the methylation threads im putting up. LDA (or EPD on your side of the pond) might be of some help to you someday when youve gotten the inflammation under control enough. Rotate, rotate, rotate. Nothing twice in a row, 4 days before you use/ eat something again. See if you can identify any particular foods. Hope that helps.

lockie86
    Participant

Many thanks for all this. I’m not sure it’s intolerances as have been on the same diet for months now, and not added anything new, but I’ll check that out to be sure too. Many thanks!

Mark

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What is your diet like and what supplements are you taking?

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks Raster,

presently on Lisa’s plan, diet wise, but haven’t added in any foods yet or changed diet at all for some time, which is why it’s so strange.

Supplements:
    NAC with Molybdenum
    Healthy Origins Probiotics 30 Billion

Vit C
    Omega 3 & 6
    Milk Thistle
    B5
    Vit D
    Magnesium
    Vitamin D Complex

Was also on Candida Support and Caprylic Acid but have dropped off those since two weeks ago as felt so bad.

Many thanks.

raster
    Participant

We need you to list specifically what foods you are eating. If you are eating items like carrots, potatoes, corn, rice, etc…these are high in starch. Starches convert to sugar which can benefit the yeast.

If you are consuming aged food items like beef jerky, dried fruits, nuts, coffee, cheese, etc. these are high in mold items. Molds can easily be fed on by the yeast and need to be reduced or removed until stage 2/3 of the diet. Soaking nuts can reduce the mold content within the nuts.

You could have histamine problems if you consume things like spinach, eggs, etc. aged foods, etc.

If you are eating beef or pork, these items take 2+ days to digest whereas chicken and fish take hours to digest. This is why they should not be consumed on the diet.

Sunflower seeds are very high in mold content.

Beans should be consumed stage 2/3.

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

Hi I am sticking very rigidly to Lisa’s plan. The first 60 days part of it.

No starchy veg, no mould harbouring items that you list, except some sunflower seeds but have had them all through.

Also no red meat or beans.

I’m pretty sure it’s not diet-related as I haven’t changed anything for months?

Many thanks.

raster
    Participant

How is your digestion? Are you constipated? If you are not eliminating 2-3 times per day then this is considered constipation.

Once again any candida food list may be unsafe for just about anyone depending on their individual intolerances, allergies, reactions, and health problems. So far you haven’t listed anything you eat other than sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds, from my experience, can significantly set back your progress. I ate them the first 4 months of the diet and I didn’t get anywhere, but once I removed them I felt so much better! After you consume them you may notice headaches and ringing ears so I would completely remove them from your diet.

You need to test out the foods you eat to make sure you are not allergic to them, carefully adding in one at a time to determine whether it is a benefit or detriment. Some people are allergic to even the safe foods on the food lists such as eggs.

The probiotic you listed is not a human derived strain and this may also set back your progress. If you try out HMF neuro for instance you might notice significant improvement. Also a probiotic with the DDS-1 strain has been shown to be quite effective.

What symptoms are getting worse?

Do you have any history of thyroid issues or allergies?

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

Hi Raster,

many thanks for this!

Digestion is good mostly, and going 3-4 times a day!

I eat mostly salads, buckwheat granola, buckwheat noodles, veg soups, lots of vegetables, some chicked, some sardines, coconut bread from the recipe, probiotic yoghurt, eggs. All stuff from Lisa’s plan. Why would her food list be ‘unsafe’? I thought it was proven to help candida overgrowth, and that’s why everyone is on here?

I’ll try cutting out sunflower seeds. What about hemp and pumpkin? Been having those.

I’ll maybe switch the probitics too then when these run out.

There seems to be so much conflicting information on here, it’s very confusing.

No thyroid issues or allergies that I know of, apart from to household dust mites, mould spores etc.

Symptoms are: fatigue, aches and pains in muscles and joints, arthritis-like symptoms (despite no evidence of arthritis in tests), crying spells etc.

Many thanks,

Mark, UK

raster
    Participant

The aches and pains could be related to dehydration but these are also common when going through die-off symptoms.

The crying spells are likely related to your liver and toxicity.

Fatigue is a more long term symptom from my experience and can only be improved by doing the diet long term and/or adressing your adrenals with supplements.

I would consider stopping the pumpkin seeds also. Hemp is pretty safe but may be borderline.

The truth is you need to come up with your own food list that works best for you and your general health and the one provided on the main website can set some people back if they are not careful. This is why I created the raster food list here:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks man!

Yes I really think a lot of this feels like die off/toxicity to me.

Thanks for the food list! Will check that.

The whole thing’s so confusing, all these different lists, makes my head hurt a bit!

impossible

lockie86
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for this. I think mould allergy may be a tiny factor but not my main problem. Have not been exposed to mould in any major way, apart from a tiny bit around the windows in winter which we wipe away.

Also my symptoms first appeared during 4 months of antibiotics, and were at their worst then, which was also summertime, when mould levels are low.

Pretty sure this is all to do with toxins from candida overgrowth.

But many thanks for that.

Is there any treatment for that mould condition, out of interest?

Mark, UK

impossible

Ya there is. Its more about mycotoxins in general, which come from both mold and candida infections and some people dont have that problem occur until adulthood. If the symptoms stay persistant, it would be worth looking into. Inflammation sucks, dont it?

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks, would be great if you have any links on treatment info for this, just in case I go down that road? Many thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘symptoms worse, no apparent reason. anyone help?’ is closed to new replies.