Symptoms worse after eating?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Symptoms worse after eating?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  landfillheart 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

landfillheart
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

Hello all,
    I recently ceased the candida diet after only three weeks (I now know that was definitely no where near enough time to determine how well it was working). One of the main reasons I gave it a try was that I experience debilitating brain fog every day, and have for about five years now. I’ve had every medical test any doctor could think of and they all came back negative except for slightly low thyroid levels which has since miraculously cured itself somehow. I did the cleanse and felt awful so I’m thinking if I go back on the diet, I may skip the cleanse because it’s very draining with school and a job.

Anyways, the big reason I stopped the diet was that even when I ate the foods suggested, my brain fog became much worse shortly after each meal. I don’t know if that’s just something that happens on the diet, but it seems counter-intuitive to me. My meal was usually chicken which I had cooked in olive oil with some spices like curry powder and garlic salt. I would usually have an egg for breakfast and some almonds or other nuts throughout the day, so my question is, do I need to be more strict with the diet the second time around and perhaps forgo the spices and nuts? Or do I just need to give it more time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Anyways, the big reason I stopped the diet was that even when I ate the foods suggested, my brain fog became much worse shortly after each meal.

The reason that the brain fog became worse is because the diet is designed to kill the Candida yeast. As the Candida die their bodies release a toxin called aldehydes which is harmful to the body, specifically the liver, and can make you feel very sick with various symptoms including brain fog.
    Purchase a product called Molybdenum which is an essential mineral. Look for the 250 mcg size in a pill form only and take a pill after each meal, that’s three pills a day. After three days you can go back on the cleanse period or simply start the Candida diet.
    When you look for this product, check the back of the container to be sure it reads, “Molybdenum Amino Acid Chelate” only, otherwise you’ll have the incorrect supplement.

do I need to be more strict with the diet the second time around and perhaps forgo the spices and nuts?

Definitely stop eating the nuts since they contain mold.

Other important links you’ll need if you still wish to cure the infestation.

Forum protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

The Diet
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

landfillheart wrote: Hello all,
    I recently ceased the candida diet after only three weeks (I now know that was definitely no where near enough time to determine how well it was working). One of the main reasons I gave it a try was that I experience debilitating brain fog every day, and have for about five years now. I’ve had every medical test any doctor could think of and they all came back negative except for slightly low thyroid levels which has since miraculously cured itself somehow. I did the cleanse and felt awful so I’m thinking if I go back on the diet, I may skip the cleanse because it’s very draining with school and a job.

Anyways, the big reason I stopped the diet was that even when I ate the foods suggested, my brain fog became much worse shortly after each meal. I don’t know if that’s just something that happens on the diet, but it seems counter-intuitive to me. My meal was usually chicken which I had cooked in olive oil with some spices like curry powder and garlic salt. I would usually have an egg for breakfast and some almonds or other nuts throughout the day, so my question is, do I need to be more strict with the diet the second time around and perhaps forgo the spices and nuts? Or do I just need to give it more time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks.

Hi mate,
    have you been tested and do you know for sure that you have candida? If not you should too consider other causes. If you have a brain fog right after eating. If I would be you I would start a food diary and write down how I feel before and after.
    What you descripe can be too reactive hypoglycemia. There are very good diets out there where you can run a some weeks test and see if you feel better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_hypoglycemia

You too could have some food intolerances too BUT you too can have candida. I would cut ready made curry power out of you diet because it can contain yeast, or MSG too. Make your own instead.

There are so many different options why you feel like you do. You have to be systematic about it and test one thing after the other.

But lets assume you have candida. Then you should know that brain fog is a typical die -off sign and so is feeding candida. You will have to stick tight to the diet here and the protocol for some month. This is very demanding and you should make sure before that you stick with it. I would suggest that you let yourself test if you really have candida, food intolerances or reactive Hypoglycemia or something else.

yours
    thomas

landfillheart
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 8

Purchase a product called Molybdenum which is an essential mineral. Look for the 250 mcg size in a pill form only and take a pill after each meal, that’s three pills a day.

I actually just purchased some molybdenum today. It just seemed curious to me that my symptoms would get worse after I ate, even when it was a low carb meal. I will definitely stop eating the nuts though. Any other suggestions for what I could eat between meals?

have you been tested and do you know for sure that you have candida?

I’m not sure if I’ve ever been tested for candida but I have heard that the tests are pretty inaccurate due to the fact that candida naturally exists in the body.

What you descripe can be too reactive hypoglycemia.

I haven’t heard that one but it’s an interesting theory. I would think that I wouldn’t experience symptoms with a a low carb meal though, but I don’t know.

You too could have some food intolerances too BUT you too can have candida. I would cut ready made curry power out of you diet because it can contain yeast, or MSG too. Make your own instead.

I will cut out the premade curry powders. Do you have any suggestions on how to make my own?

Thanks so much for your help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Symptoms worse after eating?’ is closed to new replies.