- June 11, 2014 at 1:32 am #119347
aaronedwardsMemberTopics: 2Replies: 1
I’d like your help and knowledge, to guide me in the right direction.
Symptoms (2 years)
- Phlegm at the back of throat – I’m pretty sure it’s post nasal drip
- White Tongue
- Energy – Difficulty waking up in morning
- Sinus Issues – Used on and off in the past 3-4 years.
- Acne – Used as teenager (10 yrs ago) for year straight.
- Food – Sorbet, Ice-cream, green curries etc
- Maybe milk – Defiantly increase mucus thickness
Generally it is worse in the mornings, however it can be become worse after eating food. I believe this is because of the post nasal drip, not passing down the throat.
At the moment I believe it is either candida or silent reflux, however, after using some heartburn tablets, I haven’t seen much improvement, and it seems phlegm is due to post nasal drip.
[h]What are your thoughts? Does this sound like candida?[/h]
What are best tests?
- Blood Test – What exact test? So I can ask my doctor
- Stool Test – I heard the blood test is more reliable?
Is it best I ask the doctor, or should I see a naturopath or functional medical practitioner regarding the tests?
Do I even need to get a test, are my symptoms obvious?June 11, 2014 at 5:54 pm #119359
rasterParticipantTopics: 104Replies: 6837
I recommend the candia5 test also known as the hypo-sensitization test. I also would look at doing allergy testing to see whether you are allergic to milk/dairy, sugar, etc. You can also be allergic to yeast (candida) so if you are, then your body won’t fight it. If you are allergic to like 50 food items, then you likely have leaky gut syndrome which is typically caused by candida.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.