symptoms not going away at all

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions symptoms not going away at all

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timmyb 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

timmyb
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 37

I have had the following symptoms since starting the diet 5 weeks ago and there has been zero change over all with all of them:
    excess gas
    dandruff
    facial seborrheic dermatitis

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

timmyb wrote: I have had the following symptoms since starting the diet 5 weeks ago and there has been zero change over all with all of them:
    excess gas
    dandruff
    facial seborrheic dermatitis

Hello, Timmy.

Actually, the medical term for dandruff is Seborrheic dermatitis, and since it affects the scalp, it can also affect the eyebrows, the external area of the ears, the face, and even the mid-chest area, naval area, upper back and genital areas. I assume you’re shampooing your hair on a daily basis if not more in order to keep the oil at a minimum. Washing the face several times a day to eliminate oil is also good idea. Any soap with a high pH balance will cause more problems with the skin of the face. Goat milk soap, sold in many natural food stores would be perfect for washing your face and probably your hair as well. Are you still seeing a doctor about the Seborrheic dermatitis?

Also, Seborrheic dermatitis is generally a reaction to a low immune system, so working on raising the production of your adrenals would also be beneficial.

Timmy, if you will, please list any symptoms (if there are any) which have lessened over the past five weeks. Also, please give a complete list of your typical diet for a 24 hour period plus any ‘extra’ foods you may eat occasionally along with your supplements and dosages, brand names will help.

Able

timmyb

Hi Able,
    Yes I currently wash my hair once a day with head and shoulders and once a day with tea tree oil shampoo. I have tried other types of shampoo and these seem to work satisfactorily but not perfect.

My eyebrows seem to get salt crusts on them. My chest actually used to get some dry red spots about 4-5 weeks ago so I would say out of all the sysmptoms I have had that is about the only thing that has gone away.

The biggest problem that I can’t stand is the facial seborrheic dermatitis. I really need to cure it. It is horrible gong out with red dry flaky skin on my nose / face area.

Here is the exact diet I have had for the last 5 weeks. I haven’t cheated even once.
    Breakfast:
    3 organic eggs
    one slice of coconut bread
    one tab of betaine HCL
    probiotic taken 1 hr prior to eating

Lunch:
    Organic chicken
    Spinach
    celery
    broccoli
    onions
    garlic
    green bell peppers
    cilantro
    lots of olive oil on the veggies and chicken
    the veggies are lightly stir fried
    caprilic acid (2 tabs)
    coconut oil (1 table spoon)
    oil of oregano (10 drops)
    sf722 (5 gel caps)
    a few vitamins (none have soy, wheat, sugar or anything other than cellulos and the gel cap coating)

Dinner:
    Spinach
    celery
    broccoli
    onions
    garlic
    green bell peppers
    cilantro
    (all stir fried)
    3 organic eggs
    10 drops of oil of oregano
    one glass of a whole lemon squeezed in water

Late snack:
    one slice of coconut bread

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Timmy.

Are you taking vitamins E, C, A and D3 specifically? You should be taking at least 400 IU of vitamin E a day with a meal, in fact A and D3 should also be taken with a meal. It won’t matter as far as when you take C.

Your diet looks good as far as I can tell.

Finding a vitamin cream to put on your face should help with the flakes, etc. You’ll want the cream to be rich in emollients and also contain urea, vitamins A, D and E if possible.

Have you experienced any die-off symptoms at all? Also, are you still seeing a doctor about this?

Able

timmyb

I was going to order the E, A and D3 that you mentioned but one of them had soy bean oil in it and was thinking that might not be good for candida. I am taking the C though.

I will try to find a cream but my main goal is to cure it so I don’t have to put on this cream. This problem just popped up about a year ago and before then I had nice clear skin my whole life.

I experienced some feelings of nausea and weakness the first week or so but since then I haven’t really had any feelings of die off.

I have seen a bunch of Doc including 3 dermatologists and they all say there is no cure for facial seborrheic dermatitis. But I know western medicine is greatly flawed and they all follow the same medical practices so I don’t believe my condition is incurable. I believe it is candida related. My next step is to try to go to a natural path / homeopath doc and get some feed back from them.

The extreme gassy feeling is also something that should be subsiding but hasn’t.

So any thoughts on the soy bean oil?

Have you heard of any really good natural paths docs in Southern California or know or have any ideas? I know my medical insurance wont cover it so if I am going to go blow a few hundred I want to make sure it is really worth it.

Thanks Able

Able900
    Spectator

timmyb wrote: Have you heard of any really good natural paths docs in Southern California or know or have any ideas? I know my medical insurance wont cover it so if I am going to go blow a few hundred I want to make sure it is really worth it.

I don’t even know of any naturopathic doctors in my own area, Timmy, as I’ve never checked any out at all.

Quote: I was going to order the E, A and D3 that you mentioned but one of them had soy bean oil in it and was thinking that might not be good for candida.

Reply: You shouldn’t have any type of soybean products, including the oil. Which one contained the soybean oil?

Quote: I will try to find a cream but my main goal is to cure it so I don’t have to put on this cream.

Reply: I understand you want to cure the problem, but meanwhile a good cream may be able to offer some relief.

Able

timmyb

These two I wanted to get on the vitamins, minerals, herbs post but I wasn’t too sure because of the fact they both contained soy bean oil. Do you know any others that don’t have soy bean oil?

This Vit A
    http://www.drugstore.com/nature-made-vitamin-a-8000-iu-liquid-softgels/qxp350877

Vit E
    http://www.iherb.com/Country-Life-Natural-Vitamin-E-100-IU-100-Softgels/17534?utm_source=gb&utm_medium=f3

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Timmy, I would recommend trying out this dandruff shampoo (from vitamin shoppe):

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=EC-1040

I use it every other day and it completely eliminates the dandruff. I have used the tea tree oil shampoo and it is largely ineffective. One thing that did work though, is getting tea tree oil and applying it directly to your scalp; it made the skin feel a bit more happy and reduced the inflamation.

A second idea would be to try acupuncture; they can puncture specific points that will get your body working correctly again (for a few weeks). The only bad part of is its expensive and it doesn’t last long enough; the more frequent you do it the more normalized your body becomes.

I think the gas thing is pretty normal and can last long term. One thing that typically happens with any immune system issues is that your galbladder/digestion gets funky, so the body brews the food internally awhile. Again, acupuncture can significantly help with digestion.

Hopes this helps!

-Raster

timmyb

Thanks Raster. I never really thought of Accupuncture but I will look into that. Thanks for the shampoo idea too….Yes I have tried the pure tee tree oil to the scalp. It’s helps a little but didn’t really see any significant improvement.
    Thank you!
    Tim

Able900
    Spectator

timmyb wrote: These two I wanted to get on the vitamins, minerals, herbs post but I wasn’t too sure because of the fact they both contained soy bean oil. Do you know any others that don’t have soy bean oil?

The only source of vitamin A I know of without soybean oil is cod liver oil.
    http://www.edsonfarms.com/shop/product_view.asp?id=2861&StoreID=3B2RH95BRFVK8J53
    CKDCN7EWW8LNDC69&private_product=0

Vitamin E: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:bpTjWy98730J:www.drrons.com/unique-e-soy-free-vitamine.htm+vitamin+E+soy+free&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Able

timmyb

The Vit E is a little pricey at $49 and was wondering what you thought of this one (it is a capsule not a gel cap apparantly):

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2133434

The link for the cod liver oil isn’t working and I also read that ovedosing on vitamin A sometimes happens with cod liver oil. Not sure if that’s true but wanted to post another Vitamin A brand and see if all the ingredients which include ribofalvin and lemon grass and a few other types of emzymes are ok

http://www.evitamins.com/vitamin-a-10000-iu-wat-natures-plus-725

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘symptoms not going away at all’ is closed to new replies.