Symptoms and For How Long?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Symptoms and For How Long?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BethanyHaugen 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

BethanyHaugen
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Hi! I have been on the Candida diet starting on my 5th week today. I was so relieved when I learned about candida but then I’m sure like most of you I was disappointed too because of giving up a lot of my favorite foods and snacks.
    I have cheated a few times in the last 4 weeks but I am on track now and usually don’t cheat unless I’m eating something I didn’t know I shouldn’t be.
    A few of my symptoms before starting the Candida diet were:
    inflammation of the bladder (A LOT!!)
    frequent yeast infections
    burning during and after intercourse
    indigestion and bloating

This is to name a few. I am still having these symptoms today, now more than ever! It’s difficult since my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 18 months now!
    I know that the symptoms often get worse before they get better BUT does anyone know how long my symptoms will stick around??

Help Please!

-Bethany

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It varies person to person, could be 1 month, 6 months, 18 months, or 36 months…

-raster

BethanyHaugen

Thank you raster. How can I tell if the diet is working and killing off candida if I seem to have the symptoms for a long time? Just want to know that it is actually working and there’s progress because of my discipline.
    Anything that would make it go quicker or help with the bladder inflammation and get rid of the yeast infection?

-Bethany

BethanyHaugen

Raster- also wanted to ask, are there any foods that I am allowed to eat on the candida diet that may cause some negative side effects like these if I eat too much of it?

ie: cabbage, coconut oil, vanilla extract(no alcohol/sugar), plain yogurt, coconut aminos, sesame oil, nuts, almond/coconut flour, cinnamon?

I have each of these things almost everyday

raster
    Participant

BethanyHaugen;60012 wrote: Thank you raster. How can I tell if the diet is working and killing off candida if I seem to have the symptoms for a long time? Just want to know that it is actually working and there’s progress because of my discipline.
    Anything that would make it go quicker or help with the bladder inflammation and get rid of the yeast infection?

-Bethany

Are you doing just the diet without supplements? You likely won’t get better without the right supplements imo and a good naturopath can help plan out the right ones for you and your symptoms. In general, the yeast is very persistent and requires a strong plan beyond just the diet to get better.

-raster

raster
    Participant

BethanyHaugen;60013 wrote: Raster- also wanted to ask, are there any foods that I am allowed to eat on the candida diet that may cause some negative side effects like these if I eat too much of it?

ie: cabbage, coconut oil, vanilla extract(no alcohol/sugar), plain yogurt, coconut aminos, sesame oil, nuts, almond/coconut flour, cinnamon?

I have each of these things almost everyday

Well just about anything could be problematic for just about anyone. Some people had difficulty with nuts for instance, others have not. Same with the flours or cinnamon, etc. If your yogurt is not organic or goat’s milk, it could be problematic for you too. What I recommend is trying out each food item for a period of time (like a week for instance) and see if you feel better with or without that food item. I did this with things like eggs and cow’s yogurt and realized I was better off without them…

-raster

BethanyHaugen

Raster- or whoever has time to read this-
    I have been taking supplements for 4 weeks now. I take milk thistle & dandelion twice a day. Also I take Vitamin C twice a day. I take Intestiflora 7 which is a Probiotic. I also eat organic plain yogurt; consume a lot of coconut oil and coconut milk which I know is an antifungal. I consume a lot of the antifungal foods.

I am sure that what I am doing is working since my symptoms are much worse than they were before I started the diet. I am having a hard time knowing when I feel more of a flare up or inflammation…is that because it’s working or is that because the yeast is growing?

Ugh….so much to know and it can be frustrating.

-Bethany

Maiscout
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 11

Bethany,

I have the exact same thing. My symptoms are the same as yours (although I have more symptoms), and they have gotten worse since starting the diet and antifungals. I haven’t cheated on the diet at all, so I figure it must just be die off. Stick with it for a bit and hopefully it will ease off!

Mai

BethanyHaugen

Thanks Mai! It helps so much to talk with people who are going through the same thing. The web has so much information and a lot of it talks about how difficult it is to get rid of candida….kinda makes it overwhelming.

I am having a really hard time giving up coffee. How important is it to give up coffee completely?

Do you eat yogurt? What type of antifungals are you using?

Thank you!
    -Bethany

raster
    Participant

If the symptoms are worse you likely are experiencing die-off. This can be remedied via detoxing or taking it easy on antifungals. It should get better. It is important to give up coffee because it benefits the yeast…chamomile tea is a great replacement because it wakes you up if you steep it longer than 8 minutes.

-raster

BethanyHaugen

Thank you so much Raster! I so appreciate the help! I purchased the material and I’m following the 60 day plan..but realize it may take me longer we will see.
    Should I do the 7 day detox over again?
    Any other antifungals I should be taking other than the coconut and milk thistle/dandelion?

-Bethany

andrewmezzo
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 17

BethanyHaugen;60026 wrote: Thank you so much Raster! I so appreciate the help! I purchased the material and I’m following the 60 day plan..but realize it may take me longer we will see.
    Should I do the 7 day detox over again?
    Any other antifungals I should be taking other than the coconut and milk thistle/dandelion?

-Bethany

I highly recommend you check out these probiotics:

http://www.amazon.com/Recommended-Best-Probiotic-Supplement-Bifidobacterium/dp/B00JEKYNZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412790064&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperbiotics+pro-15

And the antifungal SF722:

http://www.amazon.com/Thorne-Research-Formula-SF722-Capsules/dp/B000FGXMWC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412790078&sr=8-1&keywords=sf722

I’ve come a long way since 8 months ago when I had really bad candida. I currently still have minor symptoms but have improved ALOT just from these two supplements along with the diet.

BethanyHaugen

Thank you so much for these recommendations! I will look into them!

-Bethany

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Symptoms and For How Long?’ is closed to new replies.