Symptoms

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lya 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Dark Cloak
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Was wondering if this could be the cause of my problems that have been going on for a year. There’s still another month before my endoscopy because doctors here are slow and don’t give two craps about you (really…) unless you are rich.

I did that spit test, but not sure how accurate it is. It had multiple (and I mean LOTS) strings from it reaching down to the bottom.

My symptoms:

Tachycardia (bouts of it…heart rate between 160-190)
    Muscle spasm/twitching
    Pins and Needles feelings everywhere
    Bloating/abdominal pain/heartburn after eating (I just started nexium, and hope it will help in the long run)
    Bouts of brain fog, slurred speech, loss of coordination
    Feeling detached from my body
    EXTREME muscle weakness and fatigue
    Difficulty falling and staying asleep
    Esophageal spasm
    Poly Cytic Ovarian Syndrome
    Irregular periods and horrible cramps
    Rashes all over skin
    Sugar craving spells
    Fainting/Near Fainting
    Shortness of Breath
    Widepsread joint and muscular pain
    “Panick” attacks (no mental symptoms, just physical)
    Head pain/headaches/head pressure
    Tightness/heaviness in sholders
    Excessive sweating
    Chest pain
    Weight gain

My symptoms are usually worse after eating or while laying down. Food is the largest trigger or any pushing on my stomach.

Does this sound typical of Candida or not? Its to the point I feel like I am dying, though symptoms can fluctuate (some weeks I am better than others, but I always feel sickly). This started after multiple UTI’s and an allergic reaction to the drug Elavil (for migraines). The symptoms have increased and gotten worse over time (it is progressive). Anti-acids do not seem to be working for the reflux/stomach problems.

Feedback is appreciated. My doctors are not supportive at all, so I don’t know if they will test me or not. I’m praying that I will soon find a better doctor(s) to help me. I’m tired of having a life like this, and I am disabled pretty much. I am only 24 years old. Had a very healthy lifestyle before this started up.

Please help!

yes178
    Topics: 3

Dark Cloak wrote: Was wondering if this could be the cause of my problems that have been going on for a year. There’s still another month before my endoscopy because doctors here are slow and don’t give two craps about you (really…) unless you are rich.

I did that spit test, but not sure how accurate it is. It had multiple (and I mean LOTS) strings from it reaching down to the bottom.

My symptoms:

Tachycardia (bouts of it…heart rate between 160-190)
    Muscle spasm/twitching
    Pins and Needles feelings everywhere
    Bloating/abdominal pain/heartburn after eating (I just started nexium, and hope it will help in the long run)
    Bouts of brain fog, slurred speech, loss of coordination
    Feeling detached from my body
    EXTREME muscle weakness and fatigue
    Difficulty falling and staying asleep
    Esophageal spasm
    Poly Cytic Ovarian Syndrome
    Irregular periods and horrible cramps
    Rashes all over skin
    Sugar craving spells
    Fainting/Near Fainting
    Shortness of Breath
    Widepsread joint and muscular pain
    “Panick” attacks (no mental symptoms, just physical)
    Head pain/headaches/head pressure
    Tightness/heaviness in sholders
    Excessive sweating
    Chest pain
    Weight gain

My symptoms are usually worse after eating or while laying down. Food is the largest trigger or any pushing on my stomach.

Does this sound typical of Candida or not? Its to the point I feel like I am dying, though symptoms can fluctuate (some weeks I am better than others, but I always feel sickly). This started after multiple UTI’s and an allergic reaction to the drug Elavil (for migraines). The symptoms have increased and gotten worse over time (it is progressive). Anti-acids do not seem to be working for the reflux/stomach problems.

Feedback is appreciated. My doctors are not supportive at all, so I don’t know if they will test me or not. I’m praying that I will soon find a better doctor(s) to help me. I’m tired of having a life like this, and I am disabled pretty much. I am only 24 years old. Had a very healthy lifestyle before this started up.

Please help!

Im not a doctor Cloak, But i had all the exact same symptoms for a long long time. Give up on your doctors, they have no clue about this disease your own your own kid. Do the diet, and get threelac or flora five going in your system. Sounds to me like you have candida. You will notice a big difference i did just within the first couple of days.

Minou
    Replies: 2

I agree with yes178. Try the diet and see how you feel, it’s can’t hurt cause it’s a healthy diet anyway.
    A good probiotic with be helpful for your Bloating and abdominal pain.

Lifecycles

Hi,

I’m wondering about my symptoms too. But, not the candida symptoms; I’m sure I have candida. I’m wondering if a new symptom might be from the die-off experience. I think you need to be informed about the fact that I have a few other diagnoses. For the most part, they began with peripheral arterial disease that I’ve been living with for many years and a stroke 3 years ago. This was after I had been diagnosed with irritable bowel disease six months earlier and finding out from my massage person that my symptoms sounded like candida. I did heal up from that bout and did pretty good for awhile. After the stroke I was diagnosed with a lupus condition and chronic leukemia. Now, I’m recognizing once again that the candida has returned and I’ve been living with it for awhile (I’m a slow learner sometimes).

I’m on day five and I jumped to stage 2 after 1-1/2 days of stage 1 (I had been taking lots of supplements and didn’t want to take them on just broth). For the first three days I felt pretty awful: headachey, tired, disoriented, brain fog worse, unsteady on my feet. Then the fourth day (this is day 5) I felt better and went into an old pattern of body denial (I can handle anything my mind wants to and not pay attention to my body). So, I did some extensive shopping and standing on my feet for long times today, I visited a friend and stood with her for awhile on her cement patio and on the way home took a short walk in a park. I have been feeling pain on the pad of my foot (not the one with peripheral arterial disease-huh?) and my big toe and the next one for about an hour now. It’s really scaring me. I see now that I shouldn’t have begun all the physical activity at this early stage in this healing process.

Please don’t tell me to ask my doctor. For the most part I don’t appreciate the A.M.A. perspective on the body. I’m much more into alternative approaches to healing. But, I will go if this doesn’t heal up in a few days.

I’d just like to get the opinions of knowledgeable people on this forum as to whether this symptom (pain and soreness on the pad and toes of my foot) could be symptoms of healing from candida. In some way I hope so, because if it indicates a new and different physical issue of my body that needs to be researched and addressed I will lose it for awhile.

For now, I plan to lay low as much as possible. I’m alone and will be preparing my food unless I can’t stand and I must heal from this! One more thing: does it make sense to those of you who have heard many stories, that I would feel so much better on day 4?

Dark Cloak

Thanks for replies. I’m going to try this and see where it takes me. I’ve to admit, I’m afraid of die off stage because I feel like I am so sick already and I don’t know how much more I can handle, and I heard existing symptoms sometimes get worse during it. Right now I’m at my wits end, thinking ‘how much sicker can I get before my body just decides to give out on me?’ 😛

Aye, I’ll say a little prayer to God and try this. I’m sure with His help along with a nice little diet plan, I can at least feel better until doctors are able to get things under control, or maybe…I’ll be cured completely. Who knows?

*marches off to find out what she needs to start said diet*

yes178

Dark Cloak wrote: Thanks for replies. I’m going to try this and see where it takes me. I’ve to admit, I’m afraid of die off stage because I feel like I am so sick already and I don’t know how much more I can handle, and I heard existing symptoms sometimes get worse during it. Right now I’m at my wits end, thinking ‘how much sicker can I get before my body just decides to give out on me?’ 😛

Aye, I’ll say a little prayer to God and try this. I’m sure with His help along with a nice little diet plan, I can at least feel better until doctors are able to get things under control, or maybe…I’ll be cured completely. Who knows?

*marches off to find out what she needs to start said diet*

Try it i would, I think you will feel better on the diet, and the probiatic then you do now even with the die off symptoms, i sure as hell do.

Itzomi
    Replies: 14

Hi Dark Cloak,

I’m so sorry to hear you are going through so much.

This may sound very obvious, but I think some of your issues may just be anxiety-related. You may have a couple of real issues, but the rest may be an anxious reaction. I am a bit of a hypochondriac and post on an Anxiety Board, and SO many people there have some of these same symptoms. There was a time when I had some of your symptoms, it was horrible, and it felt like it was never going to end. It was mostly anxiety. I had lost both my parents about a year before then, and had 2 minor car accidents 2 days apart, and got whiplash. When I fainted after the 2nd car accident due to the whiplash (when I was looking up and cut off circulation to my brain, apparently) and didn’t know I had whiplash at the time, it freaked me out and from then on, I had one symptom after another. Some of the symptoms I had from your list were:

Pins and Needles feelings
    Bouts of brain fog, slurred speech (I still have this)
    muscle weakness and fatigue
    Feeling faint
    Shortness of Breath
    joint and muscular pain
    “Panic” attacks (felt afraid to walk into a store for fear I might faint and knock stuff over)
    Chest pain
    Weight gain

Plus:
    A feeling of my spine not being able to hold up my body weight (hard to describe)
    Tongue tingling
    Chin tingling, lips, or one side of face, even tingling in head
    Just feeling “off”

I’m sure there are more but can’t recall them right now. Unfortunately, it’s a vicious cycle, because when you worry about your symptoms, you get even more symptoms. It never ends!!

Do you recall any sort of stressful event happening before this all started??

Dark Cloak

No, this all started after a life threatening adverse reaction to the drug Elavil/Amytriptaline (sp?). Ever since this I have been having problems. Drugs seem to make it worse. I tried to take Paxil just recently thinking it might be anxiety, but it gave me horrible adverse reactions. I was told my body is hypersensitive to most drugs. I also have white spots growing in my mouth now near the back of my throat, as well as lingering side effects from the meds I have been told to stop taking.

Itzomi

I see. The white spots are thrush (Candida). Sounds like you probably have a lot of yeast activity going on.

You mentioned having discomfort when having your stomach pushed on. For a while, OMG, mine was so bad. Even on my back in my kidney area, it was uncomfortable for my BF to snuggle up behind me. I felt sickly, and of course my doctor just told me to eat more fiber. (What is it with doctors these days?!)

Our best bet would be to see a functional medicine doctor, but I have not found one yet that doesn’t cater to those with money. It’s frustrating!

Dark Cloak

Taking Cipro caused my Candida problem to explode (I had to take levaquin I think it is called AND Cipro for a severe kidney infection that caused me an ER trip with a 105 fever)… I got Candida majour in my throat and in rashes all over my skin.

The Cipro is almost done with but the doctors gave me a medicine that disolves in my mouth and into my bloodstream to take care of the Candida problem. Thing is, will that also produce die-off symptoms? ALL of my known symptoms have increased after 2-3 days of taking that medication, especially noticble rashes coming out over my skin and PVCs of the heart. Is that natural die-off? Could all of this, this whole time, really have been caused by a severe overgrowth of yeast? If it is die-off then I must have had one huge growth of Candida, because my throat is healing up yet I am getting those horrible increase of symptoms at same time.

While taking this strong medication for Candida infection, I am also told to eat yogurt often, so I try to have 1 to 2 yogurts every day. I can’t start the full diet because I need full meals for some other meds of mine, but do plan to do the cleanse after my medications are through.

But does a sudden explosion of increased symptoms (mostly, dizziness, rash, brain fogginess, PVCs) indicate die-off or something else?

Itzomi

Dark Cloak wrote: Taking Cipro caused my Candida problem to explode (I had to take levaquin I think it is called AND Cipro for a severe kidney infection that caused me an ER trip with a 105 fever)… I got Candida majour in my throat and in rashes all over my skin.

While taking this strong medication for Candida infection, I am also told to eat yogurt often, so I try to have 1 to 2 yogurts every day. I can’t start the full diet because I need full meals for some other meds of mine, but do plan to do the cleanse after my medications are through.

But does a sudden explosion of increased symptoms (mostly, dizziness, rash, brain fogginess, PVCs) indicate die-off or something else?

My gosh! I’m sorry to hear about your severe kidney infection, not to mention the Candida explosion! How frustrating!!

I hope you are only eating the plain yogurt, right? No sugary Yoplaits or anything! If it tastes good, spit it out!! LOL.

Since this explosion happened 2-3 days after taking that medication, yes, it must be die-off. But since you already feel horrible, you don’t want TOO much die-off all at once, since the dying yeasties are releasing toxins. Are you drinking plenty of water to flush out the toxins as well as eating enough fiber?

I’m not sure about the palpitations/Candida connection but I’ll bet there is one. It could also be anxiety over your other symptoms. I’ve had that before. I also get palpitations if I eat certain tortillas… Haven’t figured out which additive does it to me, but I went to urgent care over it once. (I didn’t put two-and-two together until I ate tortillas again and it happened again.)

The best thing you can do, I think, is to make sure you are eliminating plenty of waste. Things might be “backing up.” The brain fog is from the alcohol the yeasts are releasing, which actually makes you sort of “drunk.” I get brain fog bigtime. I’m sure the dizziness is from the same thing.

I do think a lot of your issues are Candida-related, looking at your history. They’ve probably made themselves at home pretty good. So, discomfort is to be expected as you try to kick them out!!

Please post your progress – I hope things get better!

Dark Cloak

Candida is gone, or so tests say. The meds wipe it out pretty much clean my doctors said. Yet all of my symptoms are still there.

I go for a tilt table test soon. They all sincerely believe I have a condition called POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) with runs of Ventricular(?) Tachycardia or something like that (the PVCs I feel). I nearly fainted 5 times yesterday. The ER didn’t catch the actual PVC runs, but my heartrate was just a bit irregular and showed tachycardia of up to 150 bpm. My heart rate goes up 40 bpm within 3 minutes of standing. POTS runs in my family but I don’t want to believe that I have it, as it is a very disabling syndrome and difficult to treat.

I will continue a nice diet and candida cleanse though, just to keep my health up as much as possible.

Thanks for all of the support. I’ll still frequent the forums as I can.

Lya
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I have exactly same symptoms but have been told it is not Pots. I wonder if you are feeling better? Did you get a diagnosis?
    Hope you are feeling better

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Symptoms’ is closed to new replies.