Sweeteners

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Sweeteners

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Carb voyeur
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Hello helpful folk of the internet!

I was just wondering about sweeteners? Stevia and truvia aren’t readily available in the EU without ordering online, and I was wondering if xylitol would be ok? I’m in stage 1. Wikipedia says that it’s a sugar alcohol sweetener, which seems like a terrible idea on Candida, but I’ve heard from a few sources that it’s ok.

Also, do seeds count in the don’t-eat-nuts category? I have a whole sack of punmpkin seeds at home, just sitting there, and some flaxseeds I’m thinking of making into cookies.

Hungry and hopeful,

Carb voyeur

Pina
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 36

Xylitol and erythritol are okay to have as sweeteners every now and then. I would treat pumpkin seeds as a test food, but personally wouldn’t eat them on Stage 1. I’ve been putting flaxseed meal in my coconut bread with no ill effects.

Susana
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi, I have stivia but do not like the after taste it gives me nauseas. Can I replace it with organic agave syrup?

Thanks,
    Susana

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Look for “Certified Organic Stevia Extract” which is manufactured by the “NOW” brand. The box should have Organic Inulin (FOS) listed as an ingredient. This doesn’t normally leave an after taste. If it does, you could try Truvia; the difference being the FOS in Stevia which is used to feed beneficial bacteria in the intestines.

Able

Catalina
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

Is this the correct Stevia product?

http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Organic-Packets-100-Count/dp/B001K2H9QU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1320730899&sr=8-6

When can you start using stevia? I’m almost done with my detox and am looking forward to making coconut bread. Figured I could add some stevia and cinnamon for a desert taste.

*Catalina

Able900
    Spectator

Catalina wrote: Is this the correct Stevia product?
    http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Organic-Packets-100-Count/dp/B001K2H9QU/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1320730899&sr=8-6
    When can you start using stevia? I’m almost done with my detox and am looking forward to making coconut bread. Figured I could add some stevia and cinnamon for a desert taste.

Hello, Catalina.

Yes, that’s the correct Stevia product containing FOS.
    You should be able to start the Stevia a day or so after you finish the cleanse. But use it sparingly for a week or so to allow your body to adjust.

Able

Catalina
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 14

Hi Able,

I just wanted to run this by you again. The one I posted earlier was out of stock at Amazon. Are the ingredients in this other Now Stevia ok? It mentions it is certified organic with Organic Inulin(FOS) (from Jerusalem artichoke) and Silica. Is Silica ok?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KBxTyyCUP6YJ:www.herbspro.com/76366/OrganicSteviaPackets.htm+Now+Foods+Organic+Stevia&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Also, are the ingredients in these 2 new vitamins I purchased this weekend ok?

Vitamin D3 – Gelatin, safflower oil, vegetable glycerin. contains fish (cod, haddock pollock).

Vitamin A- Safflower oil gelatin, glycerin, water.

Thank you for your help. 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

Catlina;

The Vitamin D3 – Gelatin, safflower oil, vegetable glycerin is fine, so is the vitamin A with safflower oil gelatin, glycerin, and water.

The NOW brand Stevia you linked to is the same, so yes it’s fine and all the ingredients are alright.

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sweeteners’ is closed to new replies.