Swede (Rutabaga) and Cabbage Mash

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Swede (Rutabaga) and Cabbage Mash

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

This is a great side with veggies and meat. It has probiotics and antifungals too!

Peel and chop swede into pieces and boil under mashable.

In the mean time saute one diced onion and shredded cabbage in organic butter/olive oil/ghee. Just as its brown, add in some chopped/crushed/squeezed garlic. Stir for 2 minutes and set aside until swede is ready.

Mash the swede and add organic butter, a little water for texture and then pour in the onion and cabbage. Mix up and add sea salt and pepper.

Its not as creamy as mash potato; mine always ends up lumpy because I don’t have a masher but it is delicious and I also take leftovers as a snack for work.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Katy! I’m def buying a swede later… but just to let you know I made mash with Jerusalem Artichokes at the weekend… really lovely with roast chicken! A couple days earlier I had sliced and roasted it… even more scrummy. I’d never cooked with them until last week but read that they were an antifungal too. i can only get them in 1 organic market though, not the regular supermarket. I presume you’d be spoilt for choice with interesting veg in your part of the world?! (I grew up in Qatar… just across the way from you by the way!)

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Lucylu wrote: Hi Katy! I’m def buying a swede later… but just to let you know I made mash with Jerusalem Artichokes at the weekend… really lovely with roast chicken! A couple days earlier I had sliced and roasted it… even more scrummy. I’d never cooked with them until last week but read that they were an antifungal too. i can only get them in 1 organic market though, not the regular supermarket. I presume you’d be spoilt for choice with interesting veg in your part of the world?! (I grew up in Qatar… just across the way from you by the way!)

Hi
    I am wondering is Jerusalem Artichokes allowed in the diet? I am in the first phase.

thanks
    thomas

Lucylu

Thomas – Able mentioned it on another thread saying it was an antifungal. I can’t find it now but will ask him… I hope so!! I’ve eaten it twice and have some leftovers in the fridge!

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Lucylu wrote: Thomas – Able mentioned it on another thread saying it was an antifungal. I can’t find it now but will ask him… I hope so!! I’ve eaten it twice and have some leftovers in the fridge!

This would be good, I can grow them in the garden and by the in the shops here.

thanks
    cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thomas wrote: I am wondering is Jerusalem Artichokes allowed in the diet? I am in the first phase.

Thomas, Jerusalem artichokes contain a very high amount of FOS, which as we know will feed the beneficial bacteria in the system. They’re perfect for the entire treatment.

Able

Lucylu

Thanks for coming back to us on that one Able… I couldn’t find you mention it in your posts but found it on another website I must have read a few weeks ago about FOS… and then started doubting it because every other site seems to have so much false information on it! I’ve stopped reading any of the other sites for now and am sticking with you…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Swede (Rutabaga) and Cabbage Mash’ is closed to new replies.