Swanson Saccharomyces Boulardii

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Swanson Saccharomyces Boulardii

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  bowieg 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I’m at the 12 month stage of my treatment & generally feeling a lot better, although still experience some leaky guy issues with certain foods & a few skin reactions, but nothing like the dizziness & terrible die off reactions I was getting last year.

I was wondering about this product as it contains Bio-Mos FG (which is a yeast glycan extract from the cell walls of a specific strain of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae)

Could any of the expert on Saccharomyces Boulardii please have a look & give me an opinion?

Also would I need to drop all coconut produce? as I use around 30-60g of coconut flour per day & use coconut oil when I’m roasting or pan frying veg & meat.

Is it ok to take Saccharomyces Boulardii at the same time as probiotics? I tend to fast for 14-16 hours out of 24 so usually take the probiotics 1st thing in the am, & last thing at night.

Here is the product: http://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swanson_probiotics_saccharomyces_boulardii?gclid=CMSa99Hfp7YCFRDKtAodC24AuQ

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Other ingredients: Hypromellose (vegetable capsule), rice flour, may contain one or both of the following: magnesium stearate, silica.

It looks to be a good supplement. The Rice flour may not be desirable on this diet. But one may weigh the pros and cons with S. Boulardii. THe “Bio-Mos FG” is just food for yeast, sometimes called mannanoligosaccharides or MOS. One could argue that this is food the candida but the SB need food as well to survive.

See if you can get a brand without the rice flour, that would be better. But let us know regardless if it helps!!!

Danny33

*update*

It looks like they removed the rice flour (my ingredient list was from another site).
    Looks good!

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I have stopped cooking with coconut oil, it’s just as easy to use olive oil, and I think it tastes better. I’ve also stopped baking with coconut flour, I like buckwheat better anyway. I still cook with garlic, only now I actually use what the recipe calls for and not the extra that I would normally put in. I also use homemade fermented hot sauce on almost everything.

I believe the S. Boulardi is stronger then the antifungals in small doses. If I cook with antifungal foods at the same rate I cooked with them before starting the Candida diet I should be fine. After all, when I wasn’t on the Candida diet I would cook with lots of garlic, and hot peppers and I still got Candida.

benc

Thanks for the replies.

Anyone know if its ok to take them at the same times as other probiotics?

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

Is there a reason you want to stop the coconut oil when starting the Saccharomyces Boulardii ?

benc

Flipper;40514 wrote: Is there a reason you want to stop the coconut oil when starting the Saccharomyces Boulardii ?

I don’t want too because I believe its the best oil to cook with, but because it might be over powering the Saccharomyces Boulardi.

My diet consist of kefir, hemp or brown rice protein powder, coconut flour, some nut butters, meat, fish & vegetables, a little bit of berries.

bowieg
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 9

Hi,

I just bought the Jarrow Boulardii + Mos:

http://www.jarrow.com/product/265/Saccharomyces_Boulardii_MOS

I suppose it’s similar to Swanson’s product. I didn’t know what MOS was, so, Danny, you wrote that it is food for the yeast. So, I guess it is good for those of us suffering from candida overgrowth. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Should I take this on an empty stomach? Hours from antifungals? Hours from meals?

I do not have a doctor assisting me as all of them just gave me antibiotics or antifungal prescriptions and none of them told me that I might have systemic candidiasis and none of them talked to me about diet. I am trying to figure everything out on my own, but it’s been a bit overwhelming. What with trying to figure out what to take, what not to take and when to take and what to take with what. I just started taking garlic about 1 week ago, as well as the probiotics.

I feel like I am cramming for a final exam.

I have just been taking antifungals, probiotics in no particular order or schedule. The antifungal I have mainly consumed is raw, crushed garlic with meals. I also take some coconut oil, but as I am unsure how much to take, it’s been about 1 tsb or so a day.

Today, I bought the Jarrow S. Boulardii + MOS and Grapefruit Seed Extract. I haven’t taken the S. Boulardii + MOS yet, but did take one GSE with dinner.

I also have been using Dr. Tori Hudson’s suppositories.

Thank you for any help.

Danny33

bowieg;50830 wrote: Hi,

I just bought the Jarrow Boulardii + Mos:

http://www.jarrow.com/product/265/Saccharomyces_Boulardii_MOS

I suppose it’s similar to Swanson’s product. I didn’t know what MOS was, so, Danny, you wrote that it is food for the yeast. So, I guess it is good for those of us suffering from candida overgrowth. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Should I take this on an empty stomach? Hours from antifungals? Hours from meals?

I do not have a doctor assisting me as all of them just gave me antibiotics or antifungal prescriptions and none of them told me that I might have systemic candidiasis and none of them talked to me about diet. I am trying to figure everything out on my own, but it’s been a bit overwhelming. What with trying to figure out what to take, what not to take and when to take and what to take with what. I just started taking garlic about 1 week ago, as well as the probiotics.

I feel like I am cramming for a final exam.

I have just been taking antifungals, probiotics in no particular order or schedule. The antifungal I have mainly consumed is raw, crushed garlic with meals. I also take some coconut oil, but as I am unsure how much to take, it’s been about 1 tsb or so a day.

Today, I bought the Jarrow S. Boulardii + MOS and Grapefruit Seed Extract. I haven’t taken the S. Boulardii + MOS yet, but did take one GSE with dinner.

I also have been using Dr. Tori Hudson’s suppositories.

Thank you for any help.

bowieg,

Jarrow makes a good product, including their self-stable S. Boulardii (keep in fridge to last longer).

My advice would be to stick with either the anti-fungals route or supplement with S. Boulardii alone with diet. Taking anti-fungals with S. Boulardii is going to kill it so you may be wasting your money.

I have a lot of experience with taking S. Boulardii, Jarrow’s in particular (I’m still taking it now). I started off taking between 15-30 billion units (3-6 pills) a day (1 or 2 capsules before meals). It took a week or two before I starting noticing better bowel function, more energy, and better sleep. My diet is loose compared to most candida diets and the Boulardii still worked great. In my own experience, the S. Boulardii was clearly countering my Candida, better then almost any supplement I’ve ever taken for Candida.

However,
    On SB, I had one side-effect from taking higher doses. I would get painful skin on random parts of my body, only with no signs of inflammation. This is one strange symptom I’ve never heard of from anybody else with candida. Coincidentally this was one of the first symptoms I had post-antibiotics years before I knew the root of my ailments. I’ve also had this lightly with other anti-fungals.

If you do go the S. Boulardii route, start small around 5-10 billion a day then work your way up. On empty stomach is great. Its a very antagonistic yeast against Candida. But like with anything else, please pace yourself.

-Dan

bowieg

Hi Dan,

Thank you so much for the reply and the detailed info!

I apologize if this is obvious in your answer or elsewhere in this forum, but do you mean that I should NOT take SB + MOS while I am taking antifungals at the same time or do you mean I need to wait weeks or months? That is, can I take for instance fresh, crushed garlic and a GSE capsule with dinner, then wait 3 hours, and take SB + MOS and my other probiotics? Sorry if this is a repeat – OR need I stop taking garlic and other antifungals for several weeks or longer before taking the probiotics and SB?

Thank you!!

Bowie

bowieg

Hi,

This study seems to show that in small concentrations, garlic doesn’t seem to detrimentally affect certain good bacteria:
    http://idosi.org/mejsr/mejsr11(7)12/8.pdf

I realize the results may be different for what happens inside the human body. And I guess I will try to space out antifungal ingestion and probiotics.

Thanks again for the help!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swanson Saccharomyces Boulardii’ is closed to new replies.