Suspension

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  anna 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi everyone,

We have recently been forced to suspend one of our members, after giving him repeated warnings about his behavior on the forum. This included:

– Providing a private email address in forum posts.
    – Sending forum members to a separate website that promotes a specific brand of probiotics. This site also contains a large number of commission-based Amazon affiliate links.

This member had already removed a large number of his posts from the forum. We have now also removed all references to his private email address. We have also temporarily disabled the Private Message system.

I will shortly be posting a ‘Forum rules’ sticky that will clarify a few of these rules. You will see that they are really the same as any other moderated forum. Most importantly, we will not allow any promotional posts, affiliate linking or other commercial activities on the forum.

In the meantime, there are lots of other, very knowledgeable forum members who will be able to help.

Best health to all,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

Wow. Who was the member?

anna
    Keymaster

Thanks Raster. I probably should have been more clear about this.

The user we suspended was Able900. I suspended him yesterday after noticing that he had removed most of his posts and replaced them with his email address. Apparently he has been redirecting forum members to a new commercial website, which is promoting a new brand of probiotics and is full of paid Amazon affiliate links.

Just to be clear, I have no problem at all with the behavior of any other members on the forum. In fact, its a great community full of interesting views and valuable information. Members like raster, dvjorge and many, many others have a wealth of knowledge to contribute and share.

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

wow!! Yes, there is plenty of other people, and raster, I feel, has helped me out the most. I am able to live a little through his knowledge, and his direction of help thru his nd.

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

I am very disappointed to read this. Sean’s diet and protocol was the best researched, best-testimonialed anti-Candida plan I’ve found on the web. I’m grateful that I’m well on my way to recovery, and I’m sorry that others won’t be able to find that help here anymore.

Ruffian
    Participant

Sue…are you the Sue from The Road Back by chance?? Small world!

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

I understand the consequences of breaking rules but I don’t think it should be overlooked that able/sean helped out many people on here and never came across as pushing any sort of products to me personally.

Sad news……

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well unfortunately, he decided to privatize all of his information(removing it) and to start making money from it via a blog so I wouldn’t blame anyone but him for what has happened. He also removed my name from the protocol and informed me that my contributions to it would be removed about a month ago. I didn’t question why he did this, it seemed like he wanted to go elsewhere. I didn’t narc him out because I wasn’t following what he was doing, but this is definitely on the shady side of things to start making money instead of helping people in a legit manner.

I’m happy and sad at the same time. I’m happy that he is gone and won’t be trolling/narcissistic towards everyone but at the same time I liked having another “expert” around that corrected us now and then. I didn’t like his personality but I liked his information.

I am going to develop my own strict diet and protocol and if anyone wants to contribute their knowledge, feel free the message me. Its going to be quite basic. I might ask dvjorge.

-raster

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

raster;49556 wrote: Well unfortunately, he decided to privatize all of his information(removing it) and to start making money from it via a blog so I wouldn’t blame anyone but him for what has happened. He also removed my name from the protocol and informed me that my contributions to it would be removed about a month ago. I didn’t question why he did this, it seemed like he wanted to go elsewhere. I didn’t narc him out because I wasn’t following what he was doing, but this is definitely on the shady side of things to start making money instead of helping people in a legit manner.

I’m happy and sad at the same time. I’m happy that he is gone and won’t be trolling/narcissistic towards everyone but at the same time I liked having another “expert” around that corrected us now and then. I didn’t like his personality but I liked his information.

I am going to develop my own strict diet and protocol and if anyone wants to contribute their knowledge, feel free the message me. Its going to be quite basic. I might ask dvjorge.

-raster

Wow, thanks for that information raster. That is really disappointing to hear.

You’re a better leader for this website anyway because you are much easier to talk too.

It’s sad that money seems to always bring out the worst in people.

Oh btw, is there an issue with private messaging?

anna
    Keymaster

Smitty99;49557 wrote:
    Wow, thanks for that information raster. That is really disappointing to hear.

You’re a better leader for this website anyway because you are much easier to talk too.

It’s sad that money seems to always bring out the worst in people.

Oh btw, is there an issue with private messaging?

Hi Smitty

Unfortunately we had to close the private messaging down for now, as this was how much of the promotion was done. I hope to open it up again eventually but it will stay down for now.

If you really need to send a private message to another member, just ask me via the website contact form and I can relay it for you.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/contact/

Best,
    Anna

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

raster;49556 wrote: Well unfortunately, he decided to privatize all of his information(removing it) and to start making money from it via a blog so I wouldn’t blame anyone but him for what has happened. He also removed my name from the protocol and informed me that my contributions to it would be removed about a month ago. I didn’t question why he did this, it seemed like he wanted to go elsewhere. I didn’t narc him out because I wasn’t following what he was doing, but this is definitely on the shady side of things to start making money instead of helping people in a legit manner.

-raster

Personally, I felt the same way. Able’s information is pretty good and I learned a lot. However, I am following more of raster’s approach on things. Also, I agree that I felt if I didn’t follow Able’s approach to a T, that I was criticized at. Everybody is different, but this a great protocol, and I have taken in tons of useful information here, especially from him. But, I have to thank you raster for being understanding!

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

in my opinion this is too strict. Able is a man who very much helped hundreds of people here and stayed at the forum for years after recovery; I THINK earnings was not his motive, well at least not all the time. If it was his idea all the time then he was veeeeery patient waiting 2-3 years to start earning money, so I don’t think his goal was to commercialize his knowledge.

There are other forum members with knowledge, true. But we just lost one of them and that#s bad.

off topic:
    @ Smitty … I saw I have email notification you pm me …. but I can not access it since messaging does not work. Do not know I may post my email address here and not to be banned 🙂

anna
    Keymaster

Hi stovariste. If you need to pass on a private message to another member, please let me know here http://www.thecandidadiet.com/contact/ and I would be happy to relay it for you.

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

I’ve been thinking about Sean’s suspension and my continuing participation in the forum all weekend, and I’ve come to the conclusion that I can’t continue to participate here, answering questions by giving newcomers the excellent advice and information that Sean’s compiled and explained so clearly, information which has made a huge difference in my health. I feel like a fraud doing so. It’s his research, not mine, and to continue disseminating it while he is banned, without even being able to direct people to his blog, feels patently wrong.
    I understand that this forum is hosted by someone selling their Candida plan via a book, and I understand that Sean chose to set up a different site rather than continue to answer people’s questions here, and that by doing so, he is drawing traffic away from theCandidadiet.com.
    But I can’t keep answering questions based on the research of someone else, research that is so effective that I can’t really improve upon it myself.
    So, I wish everyone luck on their journeys to health,
    Sue Sullivan

Ruffian
    Participant

I keep getting emails of new posts, then they disappear once I come here. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Suspension’ is closed to new replies.