Supposed Candida is just giving me zero confidence, can anyone help?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Supposed Candida is just giving me zero confidence, can anyone help?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JohnD717 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

JohnD717
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I am in my lower 20s and male.

I have had a coated tongue for years, since I can remember. I’ve personally come to two conclusions:

1. I either have an undiagnosed allergy or intolerance to a certain food, whatever that may be.

or 2. It’s the medication I’ve been on since I was 14, for very mild epilepsy which is totally 100% controlled and has been since I went onto the medication.

I believe it to be the medication which has done this to me.

I have a coated tongue, it’s really quite thick towards the middle and back, and I just do not know how to get rid of it. I’ve tried Daktarin (some artificial drug which did nothing at all to help), I’ve tried “yeastrol” which I don’t believe helped, I tried that for a few months. I’ve also tried some homoeopathic pill which supposedly would make everything better but did nothing at all.

I believe the problem in my mouth is also connected to my stomach, sometimes I have stomach pains and flatulence, which can be annoying. I’ve found that the more I’m on my feet, not sitting down all day, the better my stomach seems to be.

And other problems I have are what I believe to be not hyperhidrosis but I do sweat easily and a lot, especially when I’m nervous or it’s hot. And I also have very flaky skin, my lips crack every other day and my face, hands and a more sensitive part of my body all seem to have very dry, flaky skin.

All of this together is just giving me zero self-esteem and confidence, especially when it comes to meeting girls….And if anything I am almost obsessed with being clean, I shower daily, brush my teeth and tongue twice daily, I don’t drink regularly, I don’t smoke, I eat reasonably healthily and have little fast food and I do exercise, albeit I haven’t much over the Christmas period. My Body Mass Index is between 24-25 so it’s just in the healthy range so I am not skinny or fat.

I just don’t know what to do, I have zero confidence with all these issues put together, I feel almost dirty, but I am very hygienic and clean person. It is just depressing me now. Oh and another thing, I may have “hypoglycaemia” as ever since I was a kid I’ve eaten loads and loads and I have to eat frequently, like every 4 hours, or I get light-headed and restless. I did do a fasting blood test for low blood sugar but it came back negative, I struggle to believe that.

Does anyone have any suggestions or things I could try?

Thanks

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Please explain your food intolerances.

White coated tongue is an indication of oral thrush. If you have angular chilitis, this is a strong indication of candida overgrowth. Do you have cracking lips in the corner of your mouth?

The chap lips is a liver symptom and if you heal your liver, this will go away from my experience. The liver is being taxed by something in your body (a toxin likely).

The gas problems are likely related to deficiencies in HCL (Hydro-chloric acid) and this could relate to your skin problems as well. Check out this post:
    http://candidaplan.com/blog/653/candida-and-skin-conditions/

The sweating is something I don’t know about, but a naturopathic doctor likely would know what causes this. I know when I was more ill a few years ago, I was sweaty all of the time and as I got better it went away mostly. I don’t even wear deoderant anymore! Sweating is a symptom that your body is detoxing naturally through the biggest organ on the body, your skin. It could be a natural way you are detoxing because maybe something else in the body isn’t working right (like the liver) or you have too many toxins.

If you try our strict diet for a few days with antifungals and experience “die-off,” this is a strong indication you likely have a gut flora imbalance.

-raster

JohnD717

raster;32441 wrote: Please explain your food intolerances.

White coated tongue is an indication of oral thrush. If you have angular chilitis, this is a strong indication of candida overgrowth. Do you have cracking lips in the corner of your mouth?

The chap lips is a liver symptom and if you heal your liver, this will go away from my experience. The liver is being taxed by something in your body (a toxin likely).

The gas problems are likely related to deficiencies in HCL (Hydro-chloric acid) and this could relate to your skin problems as well. Check out this post:
    http://candidaplan.com/blog/653/candida-and-skin-conditions/

The sweating is something I don’t know about, but a naturopathic doctor likely would know what causes this. I know when I was more ill a few years ago, I was sweaty all of the time and as I got better it went away mostly. I don’t even wear deoderant anymore! Sweating is a symptom that your body is detoxing naturally through the biggest organ on the body, your skin. It could be a natural way you are detoxing because maybe something else in the body isn’t working right (like the liver) or you have too many toxins.

If you try our strict diet for a few days with antifungals and experience “die-off,” this is a strong indication you likely have a gut flora imbalance.

-raster

Thanks for getting back to me raster with some very useful information, I appreciate it!

Well, I can give you my present diet, as I don’t know if I have any food intolerances.

I have a bowl of porridge in the morning, or a bowl of cheerios and a banana. I have rice milk because I get more mucus in my system when I have cow’s milk but I don’t know if I’m allergic to dairy I mean I have cheese, butter etc sometimes and can’t see any “adverse” reactions..

For lunch I either have half a sandwich and an apple, or some soup, something light as I am currently home at the moment as I recently finished an Apprenticeship job.

And for dinner I just have whatever has been cooked, which is usually healthy, organic vegetables, meats and usually not processed food. I drink alcohol but only at the weekend.

My tongue is coated more a yellowish than a white colour, it is mostly in the middle/back and doesn’t look very pleasant to me.

I have just looked up what Angular Chilitis is and I would not say I have that. I do get more cracking in the corners but not in the Angular Chilitis fashion. I have quite full lips and it’s mainly my bottom lip which cracks. Lip balms don’t help hugely, I generally have to bite my bottom lip for about 10-20 minutes every two days for the skin to come off, then my lips are smooth again, it’s like peeling/dry skin basically.

Thank you for the link on skin conditions that could be helpful to me.

Could you please give me the link for the “strict diet” you speak of, that would be really helpful because I can’t find it?

Thanks

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

John,
    I had very similar symptoms, especially the lips, hands, tongue, and sweating. I also had cystic acne which is gone since finding this forum. I still breakout occasionally but not deep painful cysts. The rest of the symptoms have improved as well, some come and go. Raster just reminded me about the liver-lips connection, need to take more milk thistle. The sweating is much better. My hands, feet, and armpits would be drenched walking around the office or if I got nervous. But that has passed with a few months on this protocol. So try it and see if your symptoms improve it’s worth it.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you are interested in the strict forum food list, I would email able900 for a copy.

We also developed this general protocol to get better, which should be altered to fit your needs and your own version of candida:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

JohnD717

Emsmith;32445 wrote: John,
    I had very similar symptoms, especially the lips, hands, tongue, and sweating. I also had cystic acne which is gone since finding this forum. I still breakout occasionally but not deep painful cysts. The rest of the symptoms have improved as well, some come and go. Raster just reminded me about the liver-lips connection, need to take more milk thistle. The sweating is much better. My hands, feet, and armpits would be drenched walking around the office or if I got nervous. But that has passed with a few months on this protocol. So try it and see if your symptoms improve it’s worth it.

Interesting. Thank your for your comment EmSmith.

🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, John, welcome to the forum.

In your first post, you actually described what it’s like to have a Candida overgrowth. The Yeastrol could very well have made the infestation worse; you can’t treat a Candida albicans overgrowth with homeopathic meds.

You have to treat a Candida overgrowth from inside your body with a protocol of supplements and a special diet. If you’re interested in the diet, just let me know and I’ll send you a link.

Able

JohnD717

raster;32450 wrote: If you are interested in the strict forum food list, I would email able900 for a copy.

We also developed this general protocol to get better, which should be altered to fit your needs and your own version of candida:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

Ok, thanks very much Raster again. I will check it out! 🙂

JohnD717

Able900;32460 wrote: Hello, John, welcome to the forum.

In your first post, you actually described what it’s like to have a Candida overgrowth. The Yeastrol could very well have made the infestation worse; you can’t treat a Candida albicans overgrowth with homeopathic meds.

You have to treat a Candida overgrowth from inside your body with a protocol of supplements and a special diet. If you’re interested in the diet, just let me know and I’ll send you a link.

Able

Thanks for the welcome Able900.

Ah ok, right, I didn’t know that, that’s interesting to know. I will have a look at what Raster has sent me for now and check out this “Milk Thistle” which Em mentioned, and will see where that takes me for the moment.

I won’t be disappearing anywhere though!

Thanks again 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Supposed Candida is just giving me zero confidence, can anyone help?’ is closed to new replies.