Supplements while on the candida diet?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Supplements while on the candida diet?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  whyitsme 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

granolagirl86
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 1

I just started the candida diet about 4 days ago, and I feel like I am not getting all the nutrition my body needs. I am an active 24 year old. I wanted to try using the Vega Whole Food Optimizer protein powder (http://myvega.com/products/whole-food-health-optimizer/features-benefits)but am worried that it will hinder killing off all the yeast in my body. It contains no sugar, yeast, etc, but being that it is powdered makes me wonder if something in it may disrupt my diet and the caprylex I am taking. Are any of you on any supplements while you are doing this diet, or are you getting enough from your food? If so, what are you eating to get enough?!?

Thanks!

Tpug
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 6

Hi granolagirl86,

I also have only been doing this for about 4 days, but I am doing a mix of the cleanse and the stage 1 diet (more cleanse side). I focus more on the body ecology diet but they can be similar.

I am not going to take any supplements during this time frame but I will reintroduce them when I start up purely stage 1, just in case there was any supplement I was taking that was bothering my system or Candida. The cleanse and the foods from stage 1 that I have been eating seem to be supplying me with whatever I need for now without added supplements. I will also start adding probiotics and some anti-fungal supplements down the road as well, but until my system is ready for re-population it will have to wait.

I don’t think adding your Vega Whole Food Optimizer will disrupt the diet, especially if you are in stage 1 and not doing the cleanse. Though my suggestion would be try 4-7 days without supplements on the diet and than add the powder and pay close attention to what changes, good or bad.

Stick with it!

-T

croatie
    Topics: 0

I was just speaking to my Naturopath today (started my diet yesterday…ugh) and she suggested Vega or Ultrameal, so sounds like you’re safe.

granolagirl86
    Topics: 3

Thanks so much! I think I will wait a couple more days just until my body is more used to the diet, and then try it out and watch my symptoms. Thanks again for the advice!

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

If you have leaky gut, then supplements may be a waste of money, since cells not absorbing them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Supplements while on the candida diet?’ is closed to new replies.