Supplements on an empty stomach…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Supplements on an empty stomach…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stovariste 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tysongustus
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 10

So I’m struggling a bit to schedule all these supplements.

Probiotics are best taken away from food.
    Protein is best taken away from food.
    L-Carnosine is best taken away from food (apparently this is a protein too)…
    ALA is best taken away from food.

And probiotics are best taken alone.
    So…

What thing(s) are the “least bad” things to take with probiotics?
    Proteins? Soup? Lemon water? Chicory root inulin? Chicory coffee?

Thanks!

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

Tyson,

You may want to consider taking the probiotics early in the morning upon waking and waiting an hour or two before ingesting anything else (other than water). I understand that your work schedule may interfere with your diet. I am a teacher and with the school year starting on Monday I find myself having to wake up at 5:30 AM to take my probiotic and eating dinner early so as to digest the food in time to take the probiotic before I sleep.

To answer your question I would not take the probiotics with foods you listed nor any others; alone is safest.

tysongustus
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 10

DaughterNature;47050 wrote: Tyson,

You may want to consider taking the probiotics early in the morning upon waking and waiting an hour or two before ingesting anything else (other than water). I understand that your work schedule may interfere with your diet. I am a teacher and with the school year starting on Monday I find myself having to wake up at 5:30 AM to take my probiotic and eating dinner early so as to digest the food in time to take the probiotic before I sleep.

To answer your question I would not take the probiotics with foods you listed nor any others; alone is safest.

Thanks. Yeah, that’s the plan essentially right now. The other complication is taking the probiotics 3 times a day. That doesn’t leave a lot of other times when I can take the other “empty stomach” supplements.

DaughterNature
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 82

Yeah. I haven’t gotten to that point yet. I would say have two morning meals and two evening meals or have an early lunch and a semi-late dinner… Rather you should advise me on what works best for you! 🙂

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I think chicory taken close to the same time as your probiotics would have the least ill effect, since prebiotics feed probiotics.

Honestly, I think being not-stressed about the exact times at which you take supplements/eat and fudging it a little is ultimately more beneficial than worrying about it a lot. There was about a month that I was staying up later than I typically would have just so I could take my evening probiotic an hour or more after eating, and I think the stress of “doing it right” and lost sleep was counterproductive.

Jojilla
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 51

I appreciate this post as I want to do whatever is best to get the maximum benefit of my probiotics. I have a few questions related to this post:

1. I’m assuming taking my probiotic pill and kefir at the same time is exactly what we are talking about here, right?
    2. Can I have my kefir with my morning “cereal” (I just started making a buckwheat porridge), or would it be best to have these separately?
    3. I don’t know how much kefir to drink—-I’m currently having a cup in the morning and sometimes another cup at night. Should I be consistent with a cup in the morning and a cup before bed? Is that too much? Too little? Is the point to drink as much as possible?
    4. I’ve been taking my probiotics for close to a month now. I am taking 25+ capsule in morning and 25+ in evening. Should I double that and start taking 50/twice daily? Or add in taking it mid-day?

Thanks for your help. I’ve been traveling for work and have not been able to participate on the forum, though, religiously read all of your posts daily. And speaking of work travel, I think I have the food thing down and will write a post about that in the future!

As always, much gratitude for having all of you on this journey!

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

does not each supplement have directiond for use? i want to say that i’ve had probiotics with direction to be used separate from food and also to be use together with food.
    one i am currently using is directed as food suplement (innate respnse)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Supplements on an empty stomach…’ is closed to new replies.