Sulfur-free diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Sulfur-free diet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lead
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 30

I’m thinking of trying out going sulfur-free to see if sulfur is problematic in my case. I’m poisoned with lead as my username suggests and so the heavy metal effect of sulfur could be somewhat damaging for me. I’ve found this website with some great lists of foods high and low in the bad kind of sulfur:
    http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/low-sulfur-food-list/

I just want to hear some suggestions for what I could eat. E.g., which vegetables could I eat cooked? I don’t feel like eating cooked cucumbers, zucchini, celery, avocados or lettuce. The latter ones are the only ones that I see I could eat at all. What other vegetables are there on a sulfur-free anti-candida diet?

I see myself only eating turkey (btw, I eat turkey instead of chicken as it is more nutritious), vegetables and possibly might try out some oat bran. There’s nothing else I know I could eat, so I’d appreciate some suggestions regarding this. Thanks.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

I just wanted to chime in and say that going sulfur-free has been extremely beneficial for me. My diet is extremely restricted at the moment, but it’s worth it because of how much better I feel.

I have confirmed mercury toxicity and am currently chelating with encouraging gains so far. That site you linked to is a great resource and that is the list that I follow when it comes to avoiding sulfur foods. My diet is pretty much just salads consisting of avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, and extra virgin olive oil. Like you said it’s pretty hard to find foods to eat when you have to avoid both sulfur and stick to an anti-candida diet. Hopefully sulfur is not an issue in your case.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I do low sulphur and eat primarily lettuce, cucs , green pepper, zucchini and eggplant. I do eat eggs 2x a week but do juicing the other days for bfast

lead
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 30

ThomasJoel2 and yisucks, what kind of symptoms do you experience from eating high-sulfur food?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

lead;57326 wrote: ThomasJoel2 and yisucks, what kind of symptoms do you experience from eating high-sulfur food?

Lots of stuff. I probably won’t be able to remember it all since it was quite a while ago, but here’s some of what I experienced: itchy scalp, rashes on neck and chest, increased irritability and restlessness, ear pain, joint popping/pain, muscle aches, oily skin, increase in acne, poor mood, increased fatigue, and more. Symptoms from sulfur intolerance are widespread and varied though, so my personal symptoms may not mirror your own.

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Nothing happens to me personalky. I just got a genetic tedt that showed I don’t tolerate it as well as others

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sulfur-free diet’ is closed to new replies.