Suggestions for what's causing awful apathy?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Suggestions for what's causing awful apathy?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gtaylor 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gtaylor
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hello,
    I went through candida diet for 12 months back in 2001 and never felt better. I have since began the same ritual, now 13 years later. I’ve almost completed week 6 and am absolutely bored to tears: not with the diet, not with my job (MA at an Urgent Care clinic), but with everything else. I’m on track with higher energy levels, sleep patterns are great, I’ve been exercising 1/2 hour/day, eating well, and using supplements – bla bla bla – everything that worked before. BUT, I have tension headaches every day, and I don’t want to do ANYTHING on my days off. I’m baffled. Anyone have any ideas of what could be going on? Need more info?
    Thanks for your help!!! – G

joe
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

My only stab in the dark guess would be a little die-off depression.
    Are you taking NAC and molybdenum to cleanse the liver and lungs and keep the bad stuff flowing out. I know I ran out of NAC and dind’t run to the store to get more and slipped back into a hole for about 3 days until I bought more and just like that I bounce back into life.

gtaylor

Hi Joe,
    Thanks for the suggestion. It does feel like depression – major blahs, but nothing over the top. I drink pau d’arco and take milk thistle supplements for liver support. I don’t know anything about NAC or molybdenum. For the last 6 or more years, I drank a lot of wine and margaritas, ate all kinds of sweats and everything bad, but, kept green veggies, salmon and other whole foods in the mix. I also took Tylenol PM – lots of it every night for years. I think my body is now coming to terms with this life change. It’s different now that I’m 42, rather than 29 the last time I did this. Thank you so much for your reply. I will research your recommendations! – Greta

AngelaL
    Participant
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 55

gtaylor;57656 wrote: Hi Joe,
    Thanks for the suggestion. It does feel like depression – major blahs, but nothing over the top. I drink pau d’arco and take milk thistle supplements for liver support. I don’t know anything about NAC or molybdenum. For the last 6 or more years, I drank a lot of wine and margaritas, ate all kinds of sweats and everything bad, but, kept green veggies, salmon and other whole foods in the mix. I also took Tylenol PM – lots of it every night for years. I think my body is now coming to terms with this life change. It’s different now that I’m 42, rather than 29 the last time I did this. Thank you so much for your reply. I will research your recommendations! – Greta

Hi Greta

Well I’m in my 50s and I have to agree that these diets get harder as you get older. My guess would be that maybe you aren’t eating enough carbohydrate? I’ve just come off the 7 day vegetable cleanse and I felt apathetic the whole time – now I’m eating quinoa and buckwheat I feel a lot more cheerful. Also maybe you are just eating a really boring diet and that can be depressing in itself! I’ve just had a homemade chicken curry with cauliflower rice and homemade coconut icecream and I feel the best I’ve done all week.

gtaylor

I bet that’s what could be going on. I haven’t had any carbs – I tend to go hardcore with this diet. I’ll plan to slowly introduce good carbs and see what happens. Thank you so much for reply, Angela!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions for what's causing awful apathy?’ is closed to new replies.